Outdoor Weddings

Pokey burrs EVERYWHERE , tents & flooring help please !

shelnjosh2014shelnjosh2014 member
First Comment
edited January 2014 in Outdoor Weddings
My fiancé & I are planning to get married at a river lot in march . When I went out there I discovered that the ground is completely covered with pokey burrs ! Obviously a problem for everyone in sandles/heels & even more the bottom of my dress ! Anyone have any ideas of how to mass remove these?

Also we are looking into getting some flooring & a big tent (since it will be outside & in the evening ) . Everywhere has to give me a specific quote for this . . . Does anyone have an approximate price for me that they paid ? Thank you for your help !

Ps - this bride would appreciate if you keep opinions of me changing my venue or telling me to go to an inside venue to yourself :)

Re: Pokey burrs EVERYWHERE , tents & flooring help please !

• My fiancé & I are planning to get married at a river lot in march . When I went out there I discovered that the ground is completely covered with pokey burrs ! Obviously a problem for everyone in sandles/heels & even more the bottom of my dress ! Anyone have any ideas of how to mass remove these? Also we are looking into getting some flooring & a big tent (since it will be outside & in the evening ) . Everywhere has to give me a specific quote for this . . . Does anyone have an approximate price for me that they paid ? Thank you for your help ! Ps - this bride would appreciate if you keep opinions of me changing my venue or telling me to go to an inside venue to yourself :)
    Please see the bolded and remember saying something like this can set some other people off as this may be their honest opinion. It's like asking for an opinion on something but saying they can't give it if is this and not that. 

I don't think there is a way you can mass remove them. You could go the day before and pick them all up but with people walking around and nature itself, the next day, they could be back. 

I honestly think, a different area (same venue place just a different part of it) might be better.
  • Has the space been used for weddings before?  Maybe the venue could help you with ideas? What about going over the area with a leaf blower?  As PP mentioned, they may come back if you do this the day before.   Or maybe put down some sort of flooring (sorry, I'm not sure if that's the flooring quote hep you're looking for)? 

It's good that you know this ahead of time, but that detail may make this particular spot unusable.  My kids' school has an area covered in these, but 20 feet away on the grass, there are never burrs.  So maybe there is a nearby spot that would be a lot better.

Hope that helps!

• Would you be able to get access to the site location prior to the wedding either the day before or a few days before & rake them up & bag them up for disposal. they way if they are gone they won't blow back into your area

In regards to flooring, sorry no help there. I would hope that a good rental company could provide you with an idea of how big of an area of flooring based on what you want to use it for (just the dance floor versus the whole tent).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards