Massachusetts-Boston

Guest Transportation - Gloucester & Rockport Area - Any suggestions?

Hey Brides! 

We need transportation to and from our hotel and venue.  Looking at school buses as well as trolleys for the wedding party.  Any suggestions on companies you have used or are using?  Thanks a million!  

Answers

• My daughter used first student bus for her Rockport wedding/Gloucester reception. I believe Mcginn bus comp is also reasonable.  Their buses are the travel buses.  
  • Thank you so much!  Appreciate it :)
  • Beccab-

Was she happy with First Student?  I'm hoping to get 2 school buses and need them for 12 hours (long day).  Trying to spend about $1000 per bus.  Does that sound doable?

Thanks a million!
  • I think she paid around $600.  Couple problems but not major was the bus driver missed the hotel on the way back and had to go all the into Rockport and turn around. The other problem was he came in and grabbed a chair and sat right where all the guests were coming in.  It was definitely strange. I think the facility coordinator asked him to move.  There was so much going on that I really didn't think about it at the time. I would use them again. 

This is the info I received on McGinn from July 2012:

Quote from McGinn Bus  7/31/2012 $765.00The above quote does not include driver's gratuity. The quote does include one (1) early shuttle back to the hotel for any guests wishing to leave early, most couple choose one hr prior to the end of reception. Will return for the final shuttle at the end of the evening. McGinn has 55 passenger luxury motor coaches. All coaches are lavatory equipeed, have upholstered seating with headrest, climate control, DVD monitors, CD player and PA system.
  • Thank you for all this info!!!  Super helpful :)
  • I'm looking into Salem Trolley. You can speak to Tammy. I'm not entirely sure of their pricing or their coverage area, but they are definitely worth looking into. A great company with great people.
  • We used Ludwig's Limo for our Gloucester wedding and they were amazing.  They showed up super early for pick up at the beginning and end of the wedding, were very professional, friendly, and helpful.
  • Beauport Ambulance company in Gloucester has nice busses that can be privately rented!  My fiance works for them (and is usually the driver for misc. jobs like these), he's driven groups to Seabrook for a fundraiser at a bar, done airport pick ups, bachelor/bachelorette parties, and even does Christmas light rides with elderly from local nursing homes.  I don't know what their prices are (they base it on distance, time, etc) but definitely give them a call!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards