New Jersey

looking to be married in march 2014

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on where I could look for a very quick wedding, we've been engaged for so long, it's just getting annoying... and since its so close, we're hoping to get a good price.  We really don't want to spend more than 80-90ish per person. any ideas!?  thanks!!

Re: looking to be married in march 2014

• Banquet halls might most likely be booked by now.  You might be able to try restaurants that have rooms you can rent out.  What part of New Jersey are you looking for?
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You should try calling traditional wedding halls because you're likely to get a great deal if they have an opening.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i'm from central,nj ..Edison area,,, would prefer an hour in any direction
  • I looked at this place called The Rosewood in Edison.  We really liked it but ultimately chose a place that was farther north.  They are in your price range.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HobokenBride2012 is right about the deals. We booked in September for May 2014 and all but one of the 13 venues we saw were really willing to negotiate. Does $80-$90 include tax? If so, this is unfortunately still on the low side, but if you can come up a bit, check The Atrium & Highlawn Pavilion. They both had spring 2014 availability when we looked and were pretty willing to negotiate!

• You can contact Windsor Ballroom in East Windsor.  They're located in the Holiday Inn.  We went there in late May and booked our March 15th wedding.  I'm not sure if they have any spots available, but you can try!!!  We are paying an awesome price per head...a lot lower than your 80-90/head.  Our price includes tax and gratuity.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Between the short notice and the dead time of year, you should have no problem finding something that you consider to be affordable.
  • I would also recommend Rovello's - they're in the West Orange area so within your time frame; they're absolutely in your budget as that is what they charge normally, so you might get a deal with it being short notice. Second everyone else though, just call around and ask; banquet halls in particular tend to offer deals for these short-term events!
  • There is the bridgewater manor, the bethwood in totowa, the atrium in west orange
  • Have you looked at The Old Mill Inn? We have had friends go to weddings there and they say the food is great and I think it is in your price range.  
  • Mayfair Farms is within your price range.
  • I would highly recommend Windsor Ballroom in the Holiday inn I'm having my wedding there October 5 of this year. Very good prices especially in March but they book pretty quickly I would contact them right away.  
  • Thank you everyone for the advice!! we went with the atrium in west orange  were getting married in july but got the winter rate! it's fantastic!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards