Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Looking for Church/ Chapel to get married

Just moved to Seattle 2 months ago and getting married next year April. Can anyone help us find a church or chapel that is not expensive that is welcoming for us to get married there. Any recommendations?

Re: Looking for Church/ Chapel to get married

• Options
    Hello, I just PM'ed you.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    What is your religious tradition?  Catholic?  Baptist?  Methodist?
    Most churches are eager to welcome new members.  I suggest that the two of you try attending churches in your neighborhood that interest you.  United Methodist churches are often open to marrying people who are not members. 
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain I am non-denominational and I don't mind Baptist, Presbyterian or Methodist. Thanks for the advice and if you can think of an officiant you recommend please let me know. Thanks
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    Most churches will not allow an outside officiant that is not affiliated with their denomination.  Even if your officiant is of the same denomination, you need permission from the local pastor in order for the wedding to take place with another officiant.
    Start attending your local churches, and see if there is a particular one that interests you.
    Most churches will not "rent out" their buildings as a pretty background for a wedding.  At least one member of the couple should be a Christian.  Usually there will be a substantial charge for non-members to be married in a church.  Also, most churches will require premarital counseling with the pastor.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain I am non-denominational and I don't mind Baptist, Presbyterian or Methodist. Thanks for the advice and if you can think of an officiant you recommend please let me know. Thanks
  • Options
    Yeah i say attend a few churches and if you see one you like talk to the pastor. I am also a non-denominational Christian but my fiance has no religious preference. I fell in love with the sanctuary in my aunts church and the pastor agreed to marry us there for a donation. I was not allowed to marry in my own church since we live together and have children. This pastor is allowing it because im not part of the congregation and am just using "the building" Also some advice try smaller churches. My location is taking donation because they are a struggling church so anything will help them out. GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards