African American Weddings

Engagement Session Question????

tirathemrstirathemrs member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
edited January 2014 in African American Weddings
Soooo, we are supposed to take our epics this month and I swear I have no idea what I want to wear!!!! I have an idea but then again I don't, I see clothes but either it's too pricey or it doesn't fit!! I am getting very frustrated and annoyed but at the same time I can't wait to take pics.. Ugggh my life I tell you...

My question is how hard was it for you ladies to find something to wear or even try to match the MR? Im wondering if i even need to match or even if we should worry about getting all dressed or should we just wear something casual????

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: Engagement Session Question????

• I plan to be dressed up but that is me lol I love to be glam out I have a dress but I gotta loses this holiday weight so it will fit right
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Like with everything else we're still in the planning/idea phase. We both like dressing up, so we know we'll take those pics. We need to decide if we want the kids in the pics or not.
  • I wore something simple - sleeveless black dress w/ skinny belt (think michelle obama), magenta heels and a yellow statement necklace.  My FI wore jeans, a graphic tee in yellow with black writing and a light sweater with black & white thin stripes.  We matched but it wasn't matchy-matchy.  Don't over think it and just try to glam up your everyday style a bit.

I actually got my dress from Forever 21 for like $25 and I got tons of compliments.

Good luck!
  • THANKS LADIES!!! Im a work in progress i swear i need to get it together, my friend said im over thinking it and she assured me we would find something...

cidefi Thats another thing i may put our son in a few pics... we will see how that works

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• well we didnt really match but we kind just picked what we wanted to wear and it just ended up flowing.. the day time picture.. the night time pix you really couldnt see his stuff so it didnt matter...lol..

umm you need to find a location and then the outfit will come from there

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Well Tira I went along with what the theme of the wedding was to be...Vintage!

We were going to the WWII museum in NOLA and taking pics our outfits were him in pants, vest, button down and bow tie with a kangol style hat (but the dressy vintage one) me in a halter jumper with sheer gloves, and vintage hair...Then we decided to do a dark, distressed jean with white button downs and banging shoes in the French Quarter, then we were doing sorority/fraternity pics, college shirt pics, and a family pic oh and we did pick out something dressy too...girl we had a two hour window and our photographer allowed as many clothes changes as possible...
  • LouisianaLove33 ooh that sounds very pretty

I need to just find something and go with it!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• here is the dress that i plan to wear and i will coordinate him with what i am wearing
    i am so mad i gained weight over the holidays and its a wee bit snug
    so yeah i gotta get back on my weight loss plan 

here is the dress the pic would not upload ugh 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We just wore clothes we had. Since we did it with the littles too we all tried to be in the same color family. But not too matchy. Peach/red/cream colors. And jeans.

• And think of location. I wanted casual since we were at a nature park. So we just wore regular clothes we would wear to take a walk.
  • Loving the dress!! I would probably pull out the blue for him. Dress him in dark slacks, dress shoes, and a tie for a Sunday casual look. Or do a full dark suit accessorized with the blue from your dress. If he's not a suit/slacks guy, you could do a dark jean with a button up collar open, a nice shoe (not tennies), and maybe a hat. Dress your son in maybe a polo, same jean/shoe/hat idea as your FI. Whatever you decide it'll come together, I'm sure of that. Good Luck, and I of course wanna see pics when it's all done...LoL.
  • Thanks He wants to do pics in Miami now lawd smh this man lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ok sooo i found this dress.. 

I love wearing black it makes me look slimmer and i love this dress... besides i can dress it up with my accessories and shoes!! What do you think ladies

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Also this shirt which is in my coral color and i plan on wearing it exactly like this with a cream colored cami underneath some really light denim jeans and have my friend cut it up and wear some cream colored wedges

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Tira I love the black dress! OH MY LANTA GIRL you can dress that up and pop the color in your accessories and shoes. That is hot!
  • We did a formal look, I wore a Badgley and Mischka gown and her work a black tux. For the casual look we wore what was comfy and cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • misstira said:

Ok sooo i found this dress.. 

I love wearing black it makes me look slimmer and i love this dress... besides i can dress it up with my accessories and shoes!! What do you think ladies
    That is hot as hell. Where did you find this?

• for the fluffy set Monif C is having a sale... on some clearance items i got a cute dress for under 100 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cidefi i found it at forever 21 plus sizes it comes in black and red

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• thedivav yesss she has some nice stuff

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Dang it. I must have missed it.
  • @cidefi it ended yesterday sorry