Favors

Where to put the favors?

We decided to go with bubbles as our favors. We know they're common but we like these. 

Anyway, my question is would you put the bubbles on a table and let the guests take them as they walk by or would you put X amount on each table?

Re: Where to put the favors?

• Bubbles are common favors? I've never seen bubbles as a favor, and frankly that makes a really terrible favor. How many adults want a container of bubbles for a little present?   Bubbles are usually used in lieu of rice, not as a favor. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ditto Addie.

As for favor placement, I prefer them left at each place setting at the dinner tables.
  • AddieL73 said:
    Bubbles are common favors? I've never seen bubbles as a favor, and frankly that makes a really terrible favor. How many adults want a container of bubbles for a little present?   Bubbles are usually used in lieu of rice, not as a favor. 

@AddieL73

We went with bubbles because my family and my fiance's family is weird and love bubbles. His grandma got bubbles as a Christmas gift and she loved it. Weird I know but I guess they could be weirder.
  • Ven&Radio said:
    Ditto Addie.

As for favor placement, I prefer them left at each place setting at the dinner tables.
    @Ven&Radio

Thanks!
  • hlvonb said:
    AddieL73 said:
    Bubbles are common favors? I've never seen bubbles as a favor, and frankly that makes a really terrible favor. How many adults want a container of bubbles for a little present?   Bubbles are usually used in lieu of rice, not as a favor. 

@AddieL73

We went with bubbles because my family and my fiance's family is weird and love bubbles. His grandma got bubbles as a Christmas gift and she loved it. Weird I know but I guess they could be weirder.
    Huh?  Doesn't the ratio of guests who would find bubbles strange outweigh those that like them?  If I saw bubbles as a favor, I would think I'm at a 6 year olds birthday party, not a wedding.
  • JoanE2012 said:
    hlvonb said:
    AddieL73 said:

@AddieL73

Huh?  Doesn't the ratio of guests who would find bubbles strange outweigh those that like them?  If I saw bubbles as a favor, I would think I'm at a 6 year olds birthday party, not a wedding.
    @JoanE2012

Strangely no. It does not.
  • If your reception venue would allow it, guests could blow the bubbles as the bride and groom are introduced at the start of the reception. The DJ could encourage guests to "blow wishes to the new Mr. and Mrs."
  • @mobkaz

I didn't think about that. I will see if my fiance likes it, and if he does, we will talk to the venue.
  • I've seen them as favors before and I have no problem with that at all. For me I'd rather have a favor I can either eat the day of or something small so it's not hard to carry or something I don't have to be careful with.

That's just me though. *shrugs*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hlvonb Your welcome. The other thing too is what you can afford. Unless it's like a candy or something most of the time I've seen favors just thrown away by the not so close family and friends of the bride and groom.

I've seen the bubbles and you can find them pretty cheap. If guests use them then I hope you can get some really pretty and cool shots if not, depending on your guest list, it's a small waste compared to if you were to get candy or something else as a memento. Yes candy is usually what everyone prefers but me as the guest I'm more focused on the bride and groom and not wanting to miss those special moments, not what I get as a favor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mobkaz said:
    If your reception venue would allow it, guests could blow the bubbles as the bride and groom are introduced at the start of the reception. The DJ could encourage guests to "blow wishes to the new Mr. and Mrs."
    Not really a good idea if inside and the couple is going into their first dance.  A soapy dance floor is a recipe for disaster!  Not to mention, as a guest, I don't want soap bubble stains on my dress, so I'd stay far away.  Pretty sure you wouldn't want soap bubble stains on your wedding dress either!
  • I always thought bubbles were the equivalent of rice or confetti or something thrown at the couple for good luck...I've never thought of them as a favor.  So I think that I'd pick something else as a favor, if I even did a favor.  I've never been too impressed with the trinkets I've received as favors at past weddings and bar/bat mitzvahs that I've been to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards