Plus-Sized

Plus Size Brides in the Tri State Area

Hi Knotties! 

I just started my dress search (9 months away...eeek!) and had been avoiding the shopping because I'm part of the curvier set. I know, I know, I should not be ashamed of my size or anything but I didn't want to have to walk away from a great dress because the salon decided every woman is a bridal size 8. Anyways, for anyone in my shoes and in the NY/NJ/PA area, I hit RK Bridal in midtown, NYC and had a wonderful experience! Even in the "regular sizes" a lot of the samples were a size 12 or 14. And their plus size section is labeled their "Diva" section...there's no real mention of "plus size" there, which I thought was cool. Also, prices were awesome so bonus for anyone on a budget. It's very no-frills, not a lot of privacy and they don't take appointments so if you can go on a weekday, do so. I'm sure many folks were aware of this, but I just learned about it so I thought I'd share the wealth. They also do mother of the bride dresses and bridesmaids dresses, too. Accessories were meh, so don't look for the full package, but if you're on a budget, a curvy gal and can travel to the city, try to get to RK Bridal. Godspeed, brides! Happy dress hunting! 

Re: Plus Size Brides in the Tri State Area

• i almost traveled to nyc but i ended up finding a fabulous gown localy at a shop that has lots and lots of plus size options
  • I live in Pittsburgh and loved my experience at Koda Bridal. This boutique caters to curvy girls which I loved. No feeling weird as the size 2 bridal consultant tries to stuff you in a size 10 gown as a valley of size 6 brides watch, lol!
  • That's awesome! I'm so glad there are actually places understanding that brides are people, lol! 
  • I also live in the tri-state area, and had great success at East West Bridals in Secaucus, NJ. I can't say enough about them! My dress is from the Julietta/Mori Lee line, but I also tried on dresses from Bonny and other plus-sized lines.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards