Wedding Etiquette Forum

I am so sick of...

hearing Train's Soul Sister song. It's even on a tv commercial now, too.

whatever song Miley sings in her new "Notebook"esque movie. And I've only heard the 5 seconds in the commercial.

people not having a sense of humor anymore.

the word "epic" and the phrase "FML"

Re: I am so sick of...

• ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    Sco - ♥

I am sick of getting up before 8am. I miss sleeping in!

I am sick of my car chirping and squealing, and of the automechanic telling me that there is nothing wrong with it. CLEARLY, there is.
  • It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-sick-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7ddf52d7-1411-4c22-a74c-14266c3ba46fPost:62eed8b9-24a1-4446-ba8d-9aa36acfad3d">Re: I am so sick of...</a>:
    [QUOTE]The song "Bedrock"
    Posted by mag920[/QUOTE]

"Call me Mr. Flintsone, cuz I can make ya bed rock!"

I am sick of that song as well.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-sick-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7ddf52d7-1411-4c22-a74c-14266c3ba46fPost:4f388f84-200e-4f80-9f0e-1b5e9f422dae">Re: I am so sick of...</a>:
    [QUOTE]YES to all the Justin Bieber. I mean, seriously.  How can I take someone singing about love that hasn't gone through puberty yet?
    Posted by mag920[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed! Ugh. So over played.</div>
  • Lady Gaga is number one for me, I swear, you cannot listen to a radio for more than ten minutes without one of her songs coming on.

UPS, tey drive me nuts. End of story

High schoolers buying lingerie. I'm not talking cutesy panties, I'm talking full on sexy lingerie. I really want to take their phone numbers and call their parents.
    Photobucket
  • I'm sick of trying to figure out the whole "insurance on your mortgage - pay whole amount upfront - escrow" crap.

What it is coming to sound like is "I pay insurance company money up front, then I also pay them money monthly, so really I'm being charged twice for the same thing". I don't understand how this is logical...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-sick-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7ddf52d7-1411-4c22-a74c-14266c3ba46fPost:728d4c43-ba45-48ae-b7c6-0155350ae074">Re: I am so sick of...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so sick of... : "Call me Mr. Flintsone, cuz I can make ya bed rock!" I am sick of that song as well.
    Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]

Ha - all my little friends from my neighborhood who are just starting college are becoming fans on FB of "Call me Mr. Facebook, I can make yo' grades drop!"
  • kaite-we are going to start looking for a house soon and I do NOT want to go through all that.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
  • That people are actually saying O M G  now. Serioulsly I fucking hate it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-sick-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7ddf52d7-1411-4c22-a74c-14266c3ba46fPost:0e860ca6-dd4a-4c55-ace5-213c48c448eb">Re: I am so sick of...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lady Gaga is number one for me, I swear, you cannot listen to a radio for more than ten minutes without one of her songs coming on. UPS, tey drive me nuts. End of story High schoolers buying lingerie. I'm not talking cutesy panties, I'm talking full on sexy lingerie. <strong>I really want to take their phone numbers and call their parents.</strong>
    Posted by mags0607[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't matter.  Who do you think does their laundry?
  • Oh, and the Kings of Leon song "Use Somebody". I loved it when it first came out... a year and a half ago.
  • I haven't heard the Justin B song that was linked. I'm gonna have to look for another one because now I have no idea what he sounds like. And I don't know why I want to know either, but I do.

• Shiitty drivers.  It's FL, yes, it rains.  The driving isn't that different.

I can sympathize. It's like the collective IQ of Baton Rouge drops 30 points when it rains. And we live in a semi-tropical place. It rains all.the.time. You'd think people would, you know, get used to it.

Also, I've complained about this recently, but it keeps fucking happening. I get that marriage is a big fat scary thing. But just because your marriage failed doesn't mean mine will. I'm so sick of hearing about how terrible marriage can be. My parents are still together after 24 years and they have a wonderful marriage, so I have a wonderful example to follow. It does work out for the best sometimes, and I have incredibly high hopes for my marriage. Stop acting so fucking shocked that I don't think my marriage is doomed. It's not.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im really sick of that new chick on SNL, Jenny Slate. I just cant stand her face, her voice or the characters she plays. I hope she gets fired at the end of this season because im so painfully sick of her.
  • Shoot if I were a teenager buying lingerie I would not be putting it in the family laundry basket!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-sick-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7ddf52d7-1411-4c22-a74c-14266c3ba46fPost:252c2da2-6de1-4f3b-8c07-be2f1b55b267">Re: I am so sick of...</a>:
    [QUOTE]That people are actually saying O M G  now. Serioulsly I fucking hate it.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh. Em. Gee. Why can't they say "Oh my gosh/god?" It's the same amount of syllables. </div>
  • Lauren-I'm getting the same things.  It is getting REALLY annoying.  I have high hopes, but thanks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-sick-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7ddf52d7-1411-4c22-a74c-14266c3ba46fPost:ca9ede04-7ef4-4b33-81b2-8979115c84c2">Re: I am so sick of...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so sick of... : Oh. Em. Gee. Why can't they say "Oh my gosh/god?" It's the same amount of syllables. 
    Posted by btrflykate1230[/QUOTE]

Maybe they think it makes them sound 'high drama' -- which was someone's reasoning on here the other day for using multiple exclamation points and question marks...
  • Yeah, the most enjoyable part about home buying will be getting the keys. The actual buying process is one huge headache.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-sick-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7ddf52d7-1411-4c22-a74c-14266c3ba46fPost:945cc480-d621-4901-ac54-11c855086704">Re: I am so sick of...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so sick of... : Maybe they think it makes them sound 'high drama' -- which was someone's reasoning on here the other day for using multiple exclamation points and question marks...
    Posted by kate51485[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh I am so sad I missed that one.</div>
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    I am also sick of people being late. How hard is it to be on time? Not very.
  • Text speak in real life is stooopidddd.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-sick-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7ddf52d7-1411-4c22-a74c-14266c3ba46fPost:c2b08fdd-b17d-4b71-b0ec-75e2336fecb7">Re: I am so sick of...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, the most enjoyable part about home buying will be getting the keys. The actual buying process is one huge headache.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

<div>I've never bought a home, but I've heard it's rough. I hope the rest of it goes smoother for you!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-sick-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7ddf52d7-1411-4c22-a74c-14266c3ba46fPost:a63b8f7f-12ce-4c37-82ca-7f17e94ff892">Re: I am so sick of...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lauren-I'm getting the same things.  It is getting REALLY annoying.  I have high hopes, but thanks!
    Posted by barbbhoww[/QUOTE]

Generally, I'm of the mind that if people keep bringing the same thing up, then you might need to reexamine things and see if there's something you're missing. But really, people I've NEVER MET BEFORE see my engagement ring, look at my face (yeah I look 12) and assume that I'm 19 and making a giant mistake. It's getting really old.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • my friend (whom I love dearly) obsessing over guys to the point of making herself crazy. She's lonely and wants a relationship, which I undersatnd, but if she doesn't hear back from a guy ASAP after she texts him, she gets all worried and down in the dumps and then down on herself. And wonders what she did to make the relationship go awry (mind you, it could have been only a few dates here & there). Way to have self esteem there, kiddo. Guys like positive self esteem in women - at least my husband does.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-sick-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7ddf52d7-1411-4c22-a74c-14266c3ba46fPost:f6edadcc-04f5-4aa0-a8bb-61af5d220759">Re: I am so sick of...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so sick of... : Generally, I'm of the mind that if people keep bringing the same thing up, then you might need to reexamine things and see if there's something you're missing. But really, people I've NEVER MET BEFORE see my engagement ring, look at my face (yeah I look 12) and assume that I'm 19 and making a giant mistake. It's getting really old.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

<div>I look young for my age too. I had an opposite problem. People gave me looks when I was out with my son, but now that I'm engaged and have a ring on my finger (aka, don't look like a young single mom) people are much nicer to me. Society sucks. I'm sorry you're dealing with that bullshit.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-sick-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7ddf52d7-1411-4c22-a74c-14266c3ba46fPost:3214f17a-3392-4a21-a5c9-7567a413aed4">Re: I am so sick of...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so sick of... : It wouldn't matter.  Who do you think does their laundry?
    Posted by AlexiaANDRobert[/QUOTE]

I would like to think that the parents would have a problem with this, but sadly, I think you are right. It seems so many don't care anymore.
    Photobucket
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-sick-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7ddf52d7-1411-4c22-a74c-14266c3ba46fPost:f6edadcc-04f5-4aa0-a8bb-61af5d220759">Re: I am so sick of...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so sick of... : Generally, I'm of the mind that if people keep bringing the same thing up, then you might need to reexamine things and see if there's something you're missing. But really, people I've NEVER MET BEFORE see my engagement ring, look at my face (yeah I look 12) and assume that I'm 19 and making a giant mistake. It's getting really old.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I'm young looking too.  I get ID'd for Lotto.  Yeahhhh... I'm 26.

You can be a smartass and just say "I know it's a mistake, but I figure number 5 (rub your belly) deserves to not be a bastard like the rest."

I would never be able to do this, but if I had cojones, I would.  And laugh all the way home.  Hahaha  :)

<strong>Edit: No insult to anyone with kids not married.  I just think the douches asking this question would be stunned stupid with that response!</strong>
  • YEAH!  At my b-party, people asked me if I was 16 and had a fake.  People tell me I'm too young ALL the time.  That I need to wait, live a little, see the world!  Cashiers at grocery stores like to put in their two cents!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-sick-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7ddf52d7-1411-4c22-a74c-14266c3ba46fPost:4bb41f08-7408-43ca-801d-7e8079b8db58">Re: I am so sick of...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so sick of... : I'm young looking too.  I get ID'd for Lotto.  Yeahhhh... I'm 26. You can be a smartass and just say <strong>"I know it's a mistake, but I figure number 5 (rub your belly) deserves to not be a bastard like the rest."</strong> I would never be able to do this, but if I had cojones, I would.  And laugh all the way home.  Hahaha  :)
    Posted by AlexiaANDRobert[/QUOTE]

This is LOVELY!  I'd sooo do this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards