Just Engaged and Proposals

Is it an Official Proposal if There is No Ring?

Hi! My fiance proposed to me a couple of nights ago and it was so sweet, but at the current moment in time he can't afford an engagement ring. I said yes because no matter what I know I want to marry him, but I'm wondering does the engagement ring make us officially engaged or does it matter? He is planning to propose again after he buys the ring (which he hopes to buy between now and the summer). 

Re: Is it an Official Proposal if There is No Ring?

• A proposal happens once be that with a ring or not. If he proposes again is that the proposal you will tell your grand-kids about?
    I know my FI and I  talked about getting married before he proposed but that wasn't "The proposal" when he got down on one knee.
    Really its up to you what you classify it as

• Have you both agreed to marry each other? Are you currently thinking about wedding plans? If the answer to both of these question is yes, then yes you are officially engaged.

A ring is really only a trinket that allows the outside world to know that you are going to marry someone.  By no means is a proposal without a ring any less real or official then one with it.

• Nope, sorry. You shouldn't even be posting on this website without a ring on your finger.

Seriously. Yes, you're engaged.

• An engagement is when you both officially pledge to marry. A ring isn't necessary. If you've both agreed to marry, concretely and not in a "someday" way, I'd consider you engaged :) congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards