May 2015 Weddings

Did you pick a date?

edited January 2014 in May 2015 Weddings
Hello May brides to be! I'm looking to secure May 16. I found a venue I love now I'm taking my fiancé back with me to see if he likes it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Did you pick a date?

• We are May 30!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Congrats @JCBride2014 did you pick a venue?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Toss up between May 3rd and May 10th! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are May 22! Originally I wanted May 15 (I realized after it sounds kinda cool - 5/15/15), but our venue hosts an annual fundraiser that day. So we just switched it to the following weekend. what is your date, Futuremrsds2015?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Congrats @Angusaur @pinkcow13 I hoping for 5/16. The venue I want to go with just changed management so I need to see what the new prices will be.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh man, hopefully they won't change the prices on you! When are you looking to book the venue?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• FINALLY!! Our date is May 24 :)
  • @pinkcow13 I plan on booking within the next two weeks. Congrats @clarke10

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Futuremrsds2015 Yep, we booked!  It will be at the Highlawn Pavilion in West Orange, NJ.  It's a little farther out into NJ than we wanted (we live in Jersey City on the Hudson.... I could throw a rock and hit Manhattan across the river).  But the venues in JC are crazy expensive, and the Highlawn has this gorgeous view over the NJ mountains to the NYC skyline.  I'm really excited.  It's a fancy restaurant with a ballroom on the second floor, so it doesn't have that "wedding factory" feel like a lot of NJ places.

And btw, I feel like you can't really "set" your date if you haven't booked your venue.  People kept asking us our date before we had booked, and we could say, "We know the month we want, but it depends what's available!"  Initially we wanted May 2, but our venue was already booked up, so we went with the 30th.  Fi's bday is May 16 (that's why we aren't getting married then), and he actually had a moment of panic: May 2, he would have been 29 on our wedding, but now he will be 30 instead!  He said he actually considered trying to look at another venue to see if the 2nd was still available, because he wanted to get married "while I'm still in my twenties." Obviously he got over this, but I thought it was hilarious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• May 16 for us :)
  • @JCBride2014 I agree that you can't really set your date until your venue is booked. It sounds like your venue is beautiful. My from the a Phila/NJ area so I know exactly what you mean by the wedding factory. I go back to my venue next Tuesday with my FI. Hopefully I can book my date at that time. @natswild congrats I'm looking to secure the same date.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Futuremrsds2015 Good luck with your venue appt!  South Jersey has some beautiful places.  And the wedding factory thing is so funny, it seems like NJ is just covered in event halls.  Not sure about other states, but I think it's like diners and malls.  We just have more of them.  It was really important to me that our venue feels unique and we are the only wedding that night, hence why we went with the restaurant/hall hybrid.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My date is May 8! Venue is booked,  dress is bought!  I'm planning out of state, so I'm trying to get as ahead as possible! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our date is May 30th!
  • We picked a date - May 30, 2015! 
  • I'm hoping for May 29, 2015. Originally we were going to go with March 29, 2015 for our wedding date but I decided that I wanted to move the wedding out further into the Spring.
  • edited January 2014
    *sorry double post
  • Hey ladies...... We are doing a destination wedding..... My goal date is May 2, 2015 in Jamaica at the Iberostar but im awaiting confirmation. .... wish me luck....Happy planning ladies
  • We are doing a retreat style wedding at Mount Magazine in Paris, Ar...5/30/15!! I am so excited!!!
  • It's set, our wedding date is May 9th!
  • It's set, our wedding date is May 9th!
  • Wow, lots of May dates.
    Our date is set for May 17, 2015!!!

• dorica887 said:

Wow, lots of May dates.

This is the "May" 2015 board...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dorica887 said:

Wow, lots of May dates.

This is the "May" 2015 board...
    Hahahahaha this made me crack up so hard.  I'll give dorica the benefit of the doubt and assume she just meant, wow there are lots of May brides setting dates already.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I thought dorica887 was referring to it being a lot of May brides who already set the date. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are booking our venue on Feb 8th at the Olde Mill Inn in Basking Ridge, NJ....I am hoping to get May 16th! I know most of the Saturday spring weddings there are already booked, but we are opting for a Saturday afternoon wedding instead of an evening affair, so fingers crossed we get it :)
  • We're set for May 23, 2015, Memorial Day weekend because we have a ton of family coming in from out of state. So excited!!
  • cmarr684 said:
    We are booking our venue on Feb 8th at the Olde Mill Inn in Basking Ridge, NJ....I am hoping to get May 16th! I know most of the Saturday spring weddings there are already booked, but we are opting for a Saturday afternoon wedding instead of an evening affair, so fingers crossed we get it :)
    @cmarr684 Too funny!  We looked at the Olde Mill (I went to college near there) and the 16th is Fi's bday.  Did you get the date you wanted?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards