Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Reception Reviews Needed!!

Hi y'all! I am considering the below spots for a November 2014 pittsburgh reception and wanted thoughts and of course any photos! The great hall Maynerick center Rivers landing (Greek church) The Shriners hall (off 28) The Chadwick I'm set up w appointments at all, but I live out of state so am anxious until I can see them! Thanks!!!

Re: Reception Reviews Needed!!

• I've been to the Chadwick, multiple times. Not a fan, food, blah.  Maynerick is great!  Not sure about the others.
  • I haven't been to any of these but I know they Mayernik has been mentioned on here.  Have you tried using the search boards function to the right for these places?  It will pull up the conversations where they are mentioned.  Mayernik may be spelled different ways including Mayernick.
  • Twelve Oaks Mansion !!!!  It's just off the 228 exit in Cranberry.  We just had our wedding there 12.27 and it was AMAZING, so gorgeous! And Bethany was great to work with.  The Chadwick is definitely very just …  a banquet hall.  I don't know about the Maynerick center.   
    I started out looking at the Chadwick, and then i saw Twelve Oaks & it was 1 million times prettier than Chadwick. Not even a comparison … and we did a Friday so 12 Oaks was the same cost as Chadwick for us.  
  • I was looking last year at the Shriners hall, but settled on something close to my fiances family. Its absolutely beautiful, and its nice because the dancefloor is large, and in the middle of everyone. The food is also very good. Last years prices were $3000 for the ballroom, $18.95 per person for alcohol & $32.95 per person for food. This excludes taxes and fees. 

Hope this helps! 
  • Definitely check out Futules' Harmar House. Its across the river from Riverside Landing. Top shelf alcohol, centerpieces, uplighting, chair covers, are all included in your package. The outside of the building is average, but the hall itself is gorgeous! I can't wait to have my reception here in August!!!
  • We decided on the Priory! Thanks for all the reviews ladies! 
  • The priory is gorgeous.  My friend just got married in January.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards