Chit Chat
Options

No make-up = Don't care... huh?

So I heard something funny today.

I am not one who wears make-up very often. On a day to day basis, I might use chapstick but that's it. I wear make-up if I am going to a nice dinner or something. If my fiancé and I go to the movies, I might put on a little lip gloss but that's it.

I was told that since I don't wear / put on make-up every time I leave the house with my fiancé that I don't care about him. Apparently if I cared about him, I would want to look my best and that means putting on make-up.

I tried not to laugh but it didn't worked. I laughed and told them that was silly. I care about the way I look, I will brush my hair and teeth and I make sure my clothes don't look like crap. Just because I don't wear make-up doesn't mean I don't care....

Oh and who told me this?? His mother.... who also doesn't wear make-up.....

Re: No make-up = Don't care... huh?

• Options
    That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard! All I'm wearing today is moisturizer and chapstick. I swear, the things people say...
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    That's ridiculous. I don't wear make-up very often either and when I do it's usually very light. I'm not sure how wearing make-up more often would make my SO think I love him more. People say crazy shit.

• Options
    Well, you can add me to the list of people who apparently doesn't care about their DH! My DH actually likes that I don't wear it very often, so maybe he doesn't care about me :)

• Options
    That is ridiculous. That is like saying all girls who ALWAYS wear make-up are high maintenance and insecure. 

• Options
    Guess I don't care, either. What a ridiculous thing to say.
  • Options
    I wear makeup maybe 4 times a year. 
    If someone says what your FMIL said, I like to tell those people - I think I look good the way God made me, do you not agree? Or something to that effect. 
    I make them insult me a second time in the hopes they realize what a jerk they are being. 
    Typically it is said by people who I don't even recognize as the same person without their face plate, I mean makeup.
    So rude of her!
    I never wore makeup on first dates bc I wanted guys to know what I look like and how I'm going to look every day…no surprises.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I'm with Jells. I rarely wear make-up (and even when I do, it's only mascara and a slight dusting of eye shadow), and on the weekend, I REALLY don't care (except for church). DH prefers when I don't.

I have a co-worker who has really bad skin, and rather than spending money on high-quality cosmetics, she slathers on foundation and concealer, and her skin is oily and greasy and disgusting-looking. I will never understand that mentality. Never.

If you're going to wear make-up, wear make-up that matches your skin tone, improves your skin and complexion, and looks good on you.

DH's grandmother routinely makes passive-aggressive comments about my not wearing make-up, and I will usually say, "Well, I'd rather wear none and still look good than wear too much and look like a clown," because she does that whole old-lady thing of having two bright red blush circles on her face that look like a clown.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I actually used to wear make up pretty much everyday. Not a lot, just light powder, mascara, blush. But with my job currently, it doesn't make a difference. It's been very nice not wearing it as often. I don't get wearing TONS either, like HisGirl said. It looks very unnatural and awkward when girls don't blend their makeup down their jaw line. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I rarely wear makeup and I completely care about my FI.  He thinks I'm beautiful with or without makeup.  
  • Options
    I'm with Jells. I rarely wear make-up (and even when I do, it's only mascara and a slight dusting of eye shadow), and on the weekend, I REALLY don't care (except for church). DH prefers when I don't.

I have a co-worker who has really bad skin, and rather than spending money on high-quality cosmetics, she slathers on foundation and concealer, and her skin is oily and greasy and disgusting-looking. I will never understand that mentality. Never.

If you're going to wear make-up, wear make-up that matches your skin tone, improves your skin and complexion, and looks good on you.

DH's grandmother routinely makes passive-aggressive comments about my not wearing make-up, and I will usually say, "Well, I'd rather wear none and still look good than wear too much and look like a clown," because she does that whole old-lady thing of having two bright red blush circles on her face that look like a clown.
    GEEZ the more I hear about this grandmother the more I get the urge to want to slap her in the face! lol
  • Options
    hahaha that's funny. I never wear any. Not gunna lie on the weekends my hair is a disaster and I often wear the same shirt Saturday and Sunday LOL. FI doesn't give a crap and when I do all fancied up for a dinner or something he asks why. My brother is the same way- I wore a sweater to his house on Christmas and he said "why are you all dressed up?" I said why- because it's not a hoodie? He's like yup! 

• Options
    Wow, that's awful, especially coming from FMIL!  And unless you have on way too much makeup, slathered on and oily looking, I won't judge whether you're wearing none or a full face.  It's such a personal thing.

I never used to wear makeup on a regular basis, just a little mascara and lip gloss for going out.  When I worked as a high school teacher, it was just mascara. 

Now I wear makeup almost every day.  I got in the habit at the office, where most of the women look super put-together.  I feel like I look more professional with a little something on my face.  It also helps me look my age-- I have freckles and without makeup, I pretty much just look like a little girl.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I usually wear a full face every day -- nothing heavy or caked on, but enough to even things out (while still being fairly sheer) and enhance what I have. Sometimes, I go a little heavier on the eyes, but not like a drag queen haha.

However, everyone has gotten used to seeing me with makeup on every day, so when I have a day where I show up to work or somewhere else with little-to-none on, everyone asks me if I'm feeling well and tells me that I look pale and sick, or they'll ask if I woke up late. Um, nope -- just didn't feel like putting in the effort. Thanks, guys.

• Options
    Well I guess I should tell FI the wedding is off clearly I don't love him since I almost never wear makeup. FMIL gives me crap about not putting effort into how i look too which is laughable since her idea of looking nice is her shapeless floral dress, with pantyhose Birkenstocks and caked on wrong color makeup.
  • Options
    I wear mascara every day, cos my lashes are blond and almost invisible. That's it. I'd rather sleep in an extra 10 minutes every day

• Options
    I wear makeup every day since I have problem skin, but it's minimal- just enough to cover and some mascara. Your FMIL can shove it. I don't get why people think comments like that are okay. 
  • Options
    Today, for the first time, I did not wear makeup for work. It was so liberating.

@pumpkinsandturkeys I did get some of that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    That's hypocritical! You should tell her maybe she doesn't care about her husband because she doesn't wear makeup. Some people...
    I usually don't wear too much makeup, sometimes I don't wear any. My FI doesn't care either way, but sometimes there's days you w
    ant to feel pretty, depending on the mood you're in. Example: Today I'm in an amazing mood. I wore makeup, and earrings that match my shirt, even socks that matched. I made a joke to a co-worker about it and she made some snarky comment like, "Oh, you put in an extra effort!" I was just like, really?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Luckily, I think every time my FMIL has seen me I have had make up on, other than the week of christmas because I was basically comatose sick. Though I only wear make up when I have some place to go that doesn't involve work, school (when I was in school) or groceries.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My H must be lying when he tells me he hates it when I wear makeup...reverse psychology? He must actually really love it, and wants me to do it more because it will prove how much I love him? 

I wear makeup when we go out with friends or have plans. If it's just us running to the mall or to the store or a quick lunch I am makeup free. I don't even wear makeup to work. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I guess I kinda care about H. I wear make-up everyday but it typically stops with eyeliner and mascara, if I'm feeling particularly good I'll add some blush.

@pumpkinsandturkeys I used to wear a lot more make-up and whenever my parents would see me without it they'd ask if I was feeling okay, had been getting enough sleep or something else along those lines. I got so sick of it I used to pile the makeup on when I would see them. But I stopped because I realized what a waste of time and make-up it was. It's so freeing when it only takes a minute to do your make-up
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I wear a good amount of makeup every day because I LOVE makeup.  It's FUN for me.

I don't cake it on.  It always looks natural.  I'm very skilled at it.

But I do NOT wear makeup for my husband, I wear it for ME…because I like it.  My DH thinks I look just as good when I don't wear makeup (which is whenever we're just hanging out or running errands.)

Hell, my husband still loves me, even when I'm makeup-less and shitting with the door open.

I get really peeved when people think someone has to look a certain way to make her SO love her.  That's just…not how it is, or how it should be.  If you can't love someone at their worst, you don't deserve them at their best.
  • Options
    I wear makeup almost every day, but never cake it on. I think Kim Kardashian looks like a clown in full makeup!

Typically for work, I just do powder foundation, a little bit of bronzer, and mascara. If I'm going out, I add eye shadow and eyeliner. Most weekends, though, during the day, my face is makeup-less. I imagine FI must be thinking of cancelling the wedding most Saturdays and Sundays because of it. 

I don't know if you're all Real Housewives of BH fans, but in Kyle's book (I didn't read it, just heard them talking about it on the radio once) she has a whole section on looking good for your man. She claims she'll wear sweatpants and no makeup all day, but right before her husband comes home she puts on "real" clothes and does her makeup. Gag. 
  • Options
    Belthil said:
    I guess I kinda care about H. I wear make-up everyday but it typically stops with eyeliner and mascara, if I'm feeling particularly good I'll add some blush.

@pumpkinsandturkeys I used to wear a lot more make-up and whenever my parents would see me without it they'd ask if I was feeling okay, had been getting enough sleep or something else along those lines. I got so sick of it I used to pile the makeup on when I would see them. But I stopped because I realized what a waste of time and make-up it was. It's so freeing when it only takes a minute to do your make-up
    @Belthil Agreed -- I've streamlined the process so that I can do it in 5 minutes if I need to. But if I'm going out and you give me an hour to do my hair and makeup, I'll take my sweetass time and use every minute! Haha. Makeup is fun for me. I don't try to be anything I'm not, and I don't use it to hide who I am -- it just helps me present a more polished version of myself.

• Options

Screw cosmetics.  That is why God made Dermatologists!  Seriously, she should go.  I feel badly for people like this because a doctor and medication would likely really help her with her skin and make it healthier.

I don't wear make up daily but I buy a TON of it and I have like a mailing address at Sephora. . . what does that say about me? 

I wear make up when I go out.  I think I am too lazy to get up ealier in the AM to put make up on to stand around all day in the basement in a Pathology lab where very few ppl see me, lol.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I wear a good amount of makeup every day because I LOVE makeup.  It's FUN for me.

But I do NOT wear makeup for my husband, I wear it for ME…because I like it. 
    Shoes. . . do you have Naked 3 yet?!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options

Yup!  Got the Naked3 at the end of November!  I LOVE it!
  • Options

Yup!  Got the Naked3 at the end of November!  I LOVE it!
    Mine shipped today :-)

• Options
    My FI prefers when I don't wear make up. I can't tell if it's because I'm so bad at foundation and powder, or because he doesn't like the smell and fakeness of it. 

So I only wear mascara because it holds the bend of the curler so my lashes don't hit my glasses. I'm too lazy to wear contacts everyday. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards