Virginia

Wedding DJ in Southwest VA?

Help!  Does anyone know a good wedding DJ in Soutwest Virginia (preferrably in the Roanoke/Wytheville area... my wedding is in Wytheville)?  All of the DJs listed on The Knot are for Richmond or Hampton which just seems way too far for a wedding on a budget.  I would really rather have a DJ than hooking up the ol' ipod but I'm starting to feel like I'm running out of options... :(

Re: Wedding DJ in Southwest VA?

• edited December 2011

I am using RSP entertainment. Their web-site is www.RSPentertainment.com

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Savanna111911Savanna111911 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is in SWVA too. I haven't picked a DJ yet but I know my friend used GO DJ! Professional Entertainment, Steve Pullam.  I believe he's based out of Wytheville.  I know of a couple more too but I don't have them with me right now. Let me know if you need a phone number.  I can also get on later tonight and give you the other ones I know.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
    Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    A couple more DJs, I believe these are all in the Radford/Christiansburg area but that shouldn't be terribly far. You may have to pay a little for travel but in my experience travel costs have been relatively cheap. And it doesn't hurt to ask.  Kerri Taylor DJ Services - her website is http://www.kerritaylor.com/main.html.  Rick Pruett, I believe is in Narrows, VA.  There is Dynamic Sounds of DJ Earl Brown.  Jukebox Entertainment, website is jukeboxentertainment.com.  And Gizmo DJ Service, website is http://vagizmodj.com/files/.

Let me know if you need any phone numbers or anything. 

Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
    Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you both so much!

Savanna - any phone numbers that you have would be great.  I have been in contact with Rick Pruett and Gizmo DJ Service so I wouldn't need theirs.  I can't seem to find Steve Pullam online and when I tried to fill out the information form for Jukebox it wouldn't let me submit it.

Thanks again!!
  • edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY, recommend DJ Jerry English, located out of Roanoke, Virginia. Many of my friends have used him and he is so much fun and a fantastic DJ!! His number is (540).521-3618.

If he's not available, try anyone with Quest Entertainment in Roanoke, Virginia. They have many DJs and do lots of the DJing in the area. You can reach them at (540) 588-1113 or http://www.quest-entertainment.com/.

I have had personal experiences over many occasions with both Jerry and the various DJs of Quest Entertainment, so I wholeheartedly recommend them if you want a job well done. Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011

Also, both of the DJs mentioned above consistently win awards in the Roanoke area as the top DJs around, so they are known to be consistent and provide excellent services!!

edited December 2011
    Kerri Taylor DJ Services Number is 540-382-4224
    Rick Pruett 540-726-7373
    Earl Brown 540-953-2122
    Gizmo - 540-951-5013
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    I was just at my future brother in laws wedding in Roanoke this past weekend and he had the best DJ! He played  such a variety of songs that everyone young and old were out on the dance floor! His name is Mark Taylor and i would use him for my wedding but i live in northern va!
    Married my best friend June 23, 2012.....Life is beautiful!!
  • edited December 2011
    Mark Taylor is a great dj but his price quote was $400  more than the next expensive quote I found.  I ended up using King's Entertainment which books dj's and bands.  I booked Jaime Strauss (sp?); they provide references for all the dj's they book and the wedding coordinator for my venue recommended him as well as some of the other higher end venues in the area.  His price was right in the middle of the pack for all the quotes I got as well.  Good luck choosing!  King's Entertainment's # is 540-989-5464 or you can email Perry for booking at perry@keausa.com
  • I DJ weddings and live in the Fort Chiswell area.  I generally start at $250 and work up from there depending on what you want.  Please send me a list of what you are looking for and I look forward to chatting with you.

I can be reached at the following:

Email: soldierboy_92@yahoo.com

Mobile: (276) 617-0795

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards