Just Engaged and Proposals

What to Wear to Work The Week You Get Engaged!

Congrats on your engagements! Wanted to share a blog post about what to wear to work right after your proposal :)

http://blog.theknot.com/2014/01/07/what-to-wear-to-work-the-week-you-get-engaged

Re: What to Wear to Work The Week You Get Engaged!

• Why does this matter? Why can't a bride dress as they normally do?
  • ....Seriously?

We're all supposed to have changed our wardrobes to reflect that we're now engaged? 
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I did my engagement wrong and need a do-over, I guess.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Wow... Really? I went to Egypt the week after I got engaged. I wore khakis and tank tops. Lol.
  • Ha. I actually followed a lot of this advice without evening realizing. The day after I wore a white button up with "love" scripted on it. The next day I wore my favorite flowy skirt.

It's amazing how one piece of jewelry can make me feel so pretty and girly. :)
  • You failed, jdluvr!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • @AddieL73 I guess so. Can I get a do over? Lol.
  • Yes, but not within like 3 months of when I have mine. I can't be having you steal my thunder.
  • Well damn. I was so looking forward to stealing your thunder.
  • I want a do over!
  • This is the dumbest crap I have ever heard of!

• Is this like the first day of school wardrobe?  The parameters of that are pretty clearly spelled out. How long does this engagement wardrobe responsibility last?  Is it like mourning wear?  I think you're supposed to wear black from the time of the passing until the funeral day.  Please make sure and notify on the newly engaged boards when you are promoting engagement wardrobe sales!
  • ... Huh. Here I figured if I got engaged, I could just wear clothes. No white in my wardrobe. I wonder what the protocol then is? Go naked?
  • I think that instead of wearing white or a variation of white, TK should just make glittery, light up headbands that say "Bride-to-Be" on them so newly engaged women could just wear them around everyday so that the world knows that they are going to get married.

• ... Huh. Here I figured if I got engaged, I could just wear clothes. No white in my wardrobe. I wonder what the protocol then is? Go naked?

Pretty sure that's what got me engaged in the first place. ;)
  • Ah, rats. I wore scrubs to work the week after my now husband proposed. They were pink but they did say "Thumper loves pretty Miss Bunny" all over. Does that count as engagement attire?
  • Maybe its just my office, but none of these "looks" would be appropriate for my office. They general frown on sleeveless and sparkles.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would think one would want to bear a brown paper bag as to make their ring sparkle stand out that much more. ;)

• I'm confused.  Maybe I should've bought a new wardrobe.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Most people look fucking terrible in all white. Especially at work.

Anniversary
  • Wow.  This officially wins as not only the DUMBEST knot blog post I've ever seen, but also perhaps the dumbest post ever.  Love that all the dresses shown are around the $1,000 mark.  Materialistic much?
  • Are you guys saying I wasn't supposed to get a whole new wardrobe after I got engaged?  Now what am I supposed to do with all these bedazzled "Just engaged bitches!" t-shirts now???

Seriously though, this post would be a million times more useful/interesting if instead of showing us white clothes to wear (And seriously, if I saw someone wear white for an entire week just because they got engaged, I'd think they were nuts) they just posted a bunch of interesting manicures to try out.  At least it would make a little more sense, given that there is extra attention on your hands when you've got a new engagement ring on it, and painting your nails is a lot more doable than purchasing a $1000 dress. 
  • chibiyui said:
    Most people look fucking terrible in all white. Especially at work.
    Shoot, I didn't even wear white to my wedding.  I wore green.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

• Yeah I don't own white..pretty sure I wore a t shirt and jeans...and I still am...
    Anniversary
  • Eh. I just wore clothes the week I got engaged. Probably black.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• This is quite ridiculous.  I agree with @HaileyDancingbear - the one thing I might have done out of the ordinary is get my nails done (they're usually bare).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards