May 2014 Weddings

Bachelorette Party

When are you having your bachelorette party and what are you doing?

We're in the planning stages right now for mine.  We're planning a weekend in Chicago the first weekend of April.  My fiance already has his (he went to the Rose Bowl).

Re: Bachelorette Party

• I have no idea for either answer...probably in March/April. I have to wait because out of the BMs: one is in law school, one in med school, one in PT school, and two work full time. I'm currently unemployed (yay after college job hunt!) and so my schedule is way more open and I want to ensure all my friends can make it :)

Don't know where yet because there's: Williamsburg VA, Monroe GA, Miami, Pensacola, and Jacksonville FL (plus I live in SW FL) and so we're trying to find a central location...Atlanta? Maybe Pensacola where FI's gparents have a beach house. It should be fun though. I just want to get together with my friends whom I haven't seen since graduation!

Did your FI go to the "Rose Bowl-Rose Bowl" or to the Rose Bowl for the Nat'l Championship? Either way it's awesome!!! (I'm a huge college football fan! Go Noles!)
    Anniversary
  • He went to the "Rose Bowl-Rose Bowl" lol :)  He's an MSU grad (undergrad and law school).  I was bummed I didn't get to go!!
  • Too cool! Several of my aunts and uncle went to MSU, one played football for them in the 50s (great aunts and uncles I guess is right?). I would be so bummed too!!!

But your trip is coming up! Chicago sounds fun! I've never been that far north (never past the Mason-Dixon actually...and I've never seen snow!)
    Anniversary
  • @Klc09d you are not missing ANYTHING when it comes to snow!! :)  We are in Michigan and the weather this week has been awful.  I didn't leave the house on Sunday or Monday because of it.  And for the first time ever since I've been practicing law, the federal courthouses even closed!  It's been the coldest, most awful winter I can remember.  Zero fun!!
  • I actually don't know if I will be having one. I don't even know if anyone will thro me a bridal shower( although I don't think it's nessecary.) I guess if I do have a bachelorette party it will be with people I live close to. Like the girls I work with and friends  in town. All my BM live out of town, and my MOH is my younger sister, and she's only 16 so she can't go to the bar with us anyway.
  • While I agree that a bridal shower and bachelorette party is not completely necessary, it's all part of the experience leading up to your wedding.  I hope someone steps up and throws you a shower!  Maybe someone is planning it as a surprise!
  • We are having my shower in Feb with a "Winter Wonderland Theme" 

Not sure on the bach. party date quite yet but we're thinking NYC for the weekend at the end of April.
  • We are having my shower in Feb with a "Winter Wonderland Theme" 

Not sure on the bach. party date quite yet but we're thinking NYC for the weekend at the end of April.
  • My bach party is going to be on May 3. We are doing mani/pedis at the spa, dinner, and then some bar hopping. 

My shower is March 29 and it is going to be at a winery.
  • My sister sent me a text the other day asking me who I wanted to invite to the bachelorette. I asked her what she's planning, and she refuses to tell me... I asked her to just consider the age range of the group -- while she's 21, the rest of the girls are all 26 - 35. We'll see what happens!

• My big sister/MOH is insisting we go to Vegas, lol. I kinda think she's kidding, but she also could be dead serious, LOL. I don't really see us going out of town, especially because a couple of my bridesmaids are pretty strapped for cash, myself included. There's a tiki bar on Solomon's Island in the Chesapeake Bay and their grand opening is April 25, only a week before our wedding! I would love to go, opening day is usually a mad house. They close the road to the island once it fills up and there's usually a line of cars a mile long just to get on the island!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My MOH is surprising me with the details of it, but we're doing something the last weekend in April.

She had to tell me when so I can get off work.

Anniversary
  • I gave a list of all my free dates (days I'm not working) to my MOH so that she can plan the bachelorette party & shower (although my mom is helping plan the shower too). I don't know what days they will be or where but I did give them a list of some ideas I'd like for each. My fav and I so hope the go for it as my bach party is the one I found here on TK called The Artful Bachelorette - its perfect since I'm an art teacher!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @ArtTeacher23 what grade(s) do you teach? I'm considering going into teaching, hopefully high school Literature.

Also, what's "The Artful Batchelorette," my interest is piqued! :)
    Anniversary
  • My bridal shower is going to be March 23. My mom and MOH are planning it, and are not telling me anything about it, haha.

And my bachelorette party will be in April sometime. We have considered doing a few different things: winery tours around here, just a simple dinner/drinks, and I just found out I won a spa relaxation day for me and my 'maids from a wedding show I went to last year. Sooooo maybe we'll do that! :)
  • @Klc09d I'm certified to teach K-12 but right now I'm teaching at a catholic school for grades preK-8th. I really love the wide spectrum I get in a day: one period ill have 8th, then 3rd then K plus almost all the kids are fantasic (there's a few rotton apples in 8th and all of us teachers are counting down the days till graduation for them at this point lol).

The Artful Bachelorette sounds like so much fun (plus its a non skevy way to have a naked guy at your party lol). Basically you and your girls (or guys, in some of their photos there's guys participating too!) get to draw from a live nude model. There's an art instructor who helps you out if u need it. You get to take your drawings home with you & a group photo with the hottie model lol. Here's their site which has a video of it: http://theartfulbachelorette.com/
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited January 2014
    My shower is around St Patty's day. My mom let that slip. I have no idea about a bachelorette party. When my MOH asked I said just don't spend a lot of money. Everyone in my bridal party is either already married with kids. Or are planning their own wedding. So I don't want them going crazy money wise. I haven't heard anything about it in a while. MOHs mom got sick and passed away in less than 2 weeks. So she's had a pretty full plate.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Klc09d I'm certified to teach K-12 but right now I'm teaching at a catholic school for grades preK-8th. I really love the wide spectrum I get in a day: one period ill have 8th, then 3rd then K plus almost all the kids are fantasic (there's a few rotton apples in 8th and all of us teachers are counting down the days till graduation for them at this point lol).

The Artful Bachelorette sounds like so much fun (plus its a non skevy way to have a naked guy at your party lol). Basically you and your girls (or guys, in some of their photos there's guys participating too!) get to draw from a live nude model. There's an art instructor who helps you out if u need it. You get to take your drawings home with you & a group photo with the hottie model lol. Here's their site which has a video of it: http://theartfulbachelorette.com/

So its like a less risque dr sketchies?

Anniversary
  • My MOH (I have no other BMs) lives out of town, as in 2,200 miles away out of town.  She is also pregnant now, with her 3rd.  Super happy for her, but now we are back on the hunt for a dress for her. (different story for a different thread).  Anyways before all that, I had already told her that I don't want to get trashed in some dive bar wearing a feather boa, tiara and ribbon saying "Bride".  It is not my thing, and I have zero interest in it.  Plus with her being the only MOH, that means we should be allowed to invite others.  And because she is coming from so far away my party will be VERY close to the wedding, and the last thing I want is to be hungover for my wedding.  So we are planning (I'm helping because it will be here in my town) a quiet day at a resort where we could get our nails done, hang out by the pool, go out to dinner and maybe one or two other things.  We are thinking of creating a schedule and then letting the other ladies know the schedule so they can show up when they would like, and leave when they would like.  So if they just want to be there for dinner they can, or if they want to just be there to get their nails done, that is fine too.  So that was our plan.  I'm really happy with it, because I told her I want it low key enough grandmas could show up for it.  As for a bridal shower, I don't know that I will have one or not.  Cause again, she lives far away, and my mom lives where she is as well.  So I really don't know. 
    Anniversary
  • @kristen625 LOVE that idea! I'm a little worried about what my MOH will plan.. she just had a baby but she's only 24 and still loves going out and partying.. where as I am almost 30 and have a 4 year old and don't do the bar scene at all. so hopefully nothing too crazy :/ I plan on telling her the limitations! I don't wanna spend the entire night uncomfortable.

@artteacher23 wow that is awesome! I wish they had that in the midwest!! I used to do nude figure sketching in college and really enjoyed it. That sounds like a really great time - and I love on their website that they say its a common thing in Oz!
  • Haha, update!! So I was looking online, and instead of the resort day, my MOH and I will be going to a baseball game at Wrigley Field!!! I'm so excited!! I'm actually a SF Giants fan, but the Cubs are my second favorite team.  They will be playing the Yankees (boooo!!) the Wed before the wedding, so she and I will be going there to cheer on the Cubs!! We are so excited.  This will also be cheaper then what we are planning.  Then the next day we will all get our nails done, me, my MOH and the moms!! :)  I'm so excited!!
    Anniversary
  • We will be going out to dinner & bar hopping in NYC for my bachelorette. I am among the last ones to get married and I have always wanted the traditional bride sash and as many penis embellishments as possible, HAHA. However I am now old and not as used to going out all night as I used to be so one of my BM's is already joking I will need about a gallon of coffee plus some 5-hour energy shots.

My mom & my sister are planning my shower. I have always wanted it at my parents' house but I think we may have too many people to do a house shower.
  • I have always wanted the traditional bride sash and as many penis embellishments as possible
    This. lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ArtTeacher23 I'm a spaz and never got back to you, sorry!!! That sounds like a really fun time! I'm awful at drawing but I think it'd be a blast!

Update-ish for mine...my FI's grandparents have a beach house on Navarre Beach (outside of Pensacola) that they've offered. I think it'd be a good compromise between low-key chillin' and drinkin' on a beach and being able to go out to Pensacola Beach and drink and party. I'm a low key person and so I'm hoping it's more of a girls weekend than a "holy shit party" weekend. I like getting drunk while being lazy (and in a bikini) hahaha!
    Anniversary
  •   

I have always wanted the traditional bride sash and as many penis embellishments as possible,
    LOL This is exactly what I said NO WAY to for mine!   We're thinking something like a winery tour.
  • @jenni1221 that sounds like an awesome idea! I may have to throw that one out to my MOH and see what she thinks! 
  • @akopitzke - I know a couple people who have done them - rented a limo for the day, nice lunch and lots of wine!
  • My MOH and I sat down after I got engaged and made all kinds of lists.  My favorite one was her idea and it was the "Absolutely Not" list.  I was in a wedding a few years ago where the bachelorette was in Atlantic City (pretty standard fare for Jersey brides) and involved a skeevy strip club and a couple of clubs.  I was beyond traumatized by the strip club- I don't think I'm a prude, maybe I am, but it was just the grossest thing - the guys weren't hot and they were oiled up like pigs wearing these ridiculous penis socks... just the thought now makes me want to die.  So my MOH knows that's not happening.  We agreed AC probably isn't for us (I think that's actually where FI will go for his bachelor party), but are leaning toward going into Hoboken for the weekend - I'm hoping we can stay at the W, which I love, and she mentioned something about dueling pianos if we can find them.  Otherwise, I'd be totally happy with kareoke or dancing.  Just no penis necklaces.  Like no.
  • edited January 2014
    My sister is now hinting that we're going clubbing. I don't *mind* clubbing, but I have to really be in the mood for that, and since the other girls coming aren't in their early 20s (unlike my sister, who's planning it), it may not be the right choice for our crowd. I just don't want to step on my sister's toes, though, because she has been away at school for our whole engagement and really hasn't gotten to do much of the MOH thing as a result, and I know she's excited to plan this.

ETF grammar

• @pumpkinsandturkeys hmm, maybe you can make a quiet suggestion to something else.  Maybe a wine tasting?  There is still booze but less grab-ass by sweaty strangers which is always a plus.  I feel ya about the club thing, it is sooo not my thing anymore.  I'm not sure that it ever was really, since I always felt out of place and uncomfortable in them.  I prefer dive bars and pubs, I feel more at home there :)  They usually have my kind of people there.  Relaxed and fun, and if you get too wasted in either establishment, you weren't the first and you sure as hell won't be the last! :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards