February 2014 Weddings

Coming up fast!

6 weeks from tomorrow is our wedding!

Today I took the day off of work. We got our marriage license, signed the lease for the apartment and started moving stuff over.
Tomorrow a couple friends are helping us move stuff out of the storage unit. And my fiance hired movers for his big stuff.

Had my first dress fitting last week and picking it up on the 24th. Next weekend is my bachelorette party and in two weeks is my shower.

Crazy how quickly it's coming. 43 days the go!

How's the planning going for you ladies?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Coming up fast!

• I'm just short on flowers. Congratulations!
  • Woohoo!!! 40 days to go!! 2.15 is our date. We just paid off our venue last week. I have already had my first dress fitting, and I have another one this week. Almost everything is done, minus the final payments for photog, and DJ. We decided to do a candy buffet, and we still have to purchase the candy, but we don't want to do that too early, so we will do it at the end of month. Had first shower (in my home state). 2 weeks until my "local" shower, 3 weeks until my Bachelorette party. We are going to do our marriage license on the 15th of this month. I can't believe how fast everything has gone by. I'm really starting to enjoy when every says "Oh my gosh, your wedding is so soon!" Haha!
  • I'm a 2.15 bride too!

Since I'm stuck inside cause of the cold been busy packing and such. Also worked on my bachelorette tea party menu. My shower is just under 3 weeks away.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 2/8 is the date! my bachelorette is this coming weekend. i'm so relived the bitter cold will be over by then. 

mostly only little things are left to do for the wedding. i'm starting to think about packing for the honeymoon!
  • 24 days to go (Feb 1 wedding).  Final florist appointment Saturday, applying for the license next week, then just the venue left.  I had my hair and makeup trial yesterday, that was lots of fun and a nice little stress reliever. 

This is coming closer very fast now.  Congrats and good luck to you all.

• I'm actually a January bride - if anyone remembers, I joined because my January 2014 board had issues.  So I am two weeks away, and it is insane.  I guess I still have a lot to do - I haven't had my second dress fitting yet, the groom's attire still has to be made (yikes!) as well as all the groomsmen attire (double yikes!), but other than that, things are almost done.  I have my bachelorette party tomorrow, which will just be a sleep-over with two friends with drinks and movies.  Just how I like it! 
    I am also doing a candy buffet, but because my wedding is in January, I could buy a whole whack of discounted Christmas candy and save money!  It was great, though I looked a bit odd going through the candy bins and picking out all the white candies. 

• Hope everything gets done!

My bachelorette party is tomorrow too! I'm doing a little tea party with like 4 other people. Did a lot of preparation today so I'm tired. I'm looking forward to wearing my one old bridesmaid dress.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cruffino said:
    2/8 is the date! my bachelorette is this coming weekend. i'm so relived the bitter cold will be over by then. 

We're wedding date sisters haha! Same here 2/8! 28 more days holy crap!!!! I'm starting to feel the OMG OMG OMG and I'm trying really really hard to fight it.

I have mostly the little stuff to do and the last minute meetings with vendors. Hopefully everything comes together!!! O.O
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow 2/8/14 is a pretty popular date! :D

My bachelorette party is on the weekend of the 24th since my 30th bday is that weekend also.  It's the easiest for everyone.

It's the details that are the hardest for me since the days are flying by.  I'm so nervous and hope it comes together great. 

Good luck ladies!

• only about 35 days to go. My make up trial & shower was last saturday 1/11 and my bachelorette is on 2/8. There is so much to do and its very crazy since we closed on our house less then a week before christmas. I go for another hair trial & my fitting this upcoming monday, MLK Day. I also got to see my mother's and the bm's dresses last friday. So it feels really good to be getting so close!
  • Wow 2/8/14 is a pretty popular date! :D

My bachelorette party is on the weekend of the 24th since my 30th bday is that weekend also.  It's the easiest for everyone.

It's the details that are the hardest for me since the days are flying by.  I'm so nervous and hope it comes together great. 

Good luck ladies!

2 WEEKS!!! 2 WEEKS! Sorry had to get that out haha.

We have met with videographer & DJ - both are paid off and we have everything planned out ^_^ All we have left is to meet with the photographer tomorrow and we will have our day of timeline. I am giving myself whiplash at how my emotions go from "Oh my god nothing will get done" to "We're getting married and I'm so happy and excited!!!"

If you've ever seen Tangled imagine the scene when Rapunzel gets out of the tower and she's having that argument with herself xD

Any other 2/8 brides out there? =)=)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm 2/15 and the three week mark just passed.

Had my shower yesterday and we went over our ceremony with our pastor tonight. Meeting with our photographer again on the 8th to go over final details.

Best of luck in getting everything done for your wedding!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fre3doms - Same to you! The days will start flying by VERY VERY fast!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wedding just happened a week and a half ago.  Try to enjoy things as you can - the last week just flew by, and I could barely absorb everything that was going on.  But it was a great day.  I hope you guys all have good weather!

• I can count on my fingers how many days are left. We were marveling today about how close it is.

I'm really looking forward to our honeymoon---it's like 75 degrees warmer there than the our high tomorrow!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards