Getting in Shape

Fitbit

I'm thinking of getting a Fitbit Flex.  Is anyone familiar with it, the Fitbit Force or the alternatives made by other brands like the Jawbone Up or Nike Fuel.  What do you think of them?  Do they help you with accountability?  Good or bad?  Thanks!

Re: Fitbit

• I just got the Fitbit Flex on Friday.  It's really cool.

I think the advantage to the fitbit vs. the Jawbone is that the Fitbit syncs through Bluetooth.  You have to actually connect the Jawbone.
    sexy, harry styles, best song ever, cute, beautiful, asdjglñlñ, marcel
  • I had the fitbit one - it came unclipped and I lost it.  Now I have the force.  So far I like it, but I do not believe it is as accurate as the Fitbit One was, but it gives me a baseline which is what I'm after.

The things I like about the Force :  I can see the time - how many steps I've taken - how many stairs I've climbed - my active minutes.  The thing I don't like about it - it's rather large.

Anniversary
  • I have the Force and really like it.  I'm fairly active for my job (I teach dance) but before I had the Fitbit I had a hard time guessing how many calories I'd be burning in a dance class.  Sometimes I need to demonstrate a LOT, other times I need to sit back and watch a lot - so using the Fitbit really lets me know how much I've burned so I can make better food choices.  I like the app as well, but the bracelet kind of looks space-age-ish and isn't something I'd want to wear to something more formal.  

I wish (and maybe they'll make this) there was a piece that could be inserted into either a wristband OR a clip (like the Zip or One) and easily able to switch between the two. 
  • Our company bought everyone Fitbit Flex's this year and I love it! I link mine to MyFitnessPal for calories tracking as MFP has a scanner which makes it super easy to log food. I also love the sleep tracking that comes with Fitbit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like my Flex, but it took me a while to get used to. For the first week or so it made me feel like I was house arrest or something, because this big thick bracelet was around my wrist. After about a week I got used to it and now I barely even notice it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like my Flex, but it took me a while to get used to. For the first week or so it made me feel like I was house arrest or something, because this big thick bracelet was around my wrist. After about a week I got used to it and now I barely even notice it.
    Lol, so true!  I was charging it last night, and didn't want to get up until it was done. . . . so strange.
  • I have the fitbit one.... But it is not that happy with me lately...
  • I got my zip and have been using it for almost a week!  I LOVE IT!!! I have given myself the challenge of doing stairs at work - I work on the 11th floor but have to go to a 2nd floor overpass to get to my office on the 5th floor in a different building - it's been hard but it's a great challenge!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards