Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

DJ rates

What is a common rate for a DJ? I'm trying to stay on a tight budget.  I found one for $675 for 4 hours, is that low? Or can I find lower?

Re: DJ rates

• That's about what I am paying except I got 5 hours.
  • The DJ through a venue we're debating on using is $550 for 4 hours.

• I think it depends on where you are and what you're really looking for. I don't live in a big metropolitan area but the DJs with the best reviews around here are roughly $1000 for 5 hours. We're kinda picky about the DJ though so it also kinda depends on what you prefer to put your budget towards. IE: We're not doing much in the floral department 
  • This, like many things, will vary in price depending on your location. I live in the tri-state area and am paying $2500 for ceremony, cocktail and reception (total of 6 hours). I recommend reaching out to 2 or 3 to at least get a baseline.

Good luck!
  • Definitely depends on your location. I'm in the NW and we are paying $725 for 6 hours - Ceremony and reception. That was on the low end of what I saw around here. He doesn't do lighting or anything (which would cost more), but he will MC and does some neat voice over work. My sister got married 5 years ago and paid $1500 or so for her DJ.
  • yes location will vary.  We got married in Nor Cal; our DJ was $850 for 6 hours and he was on the "cheaper" end.  Some quotes I got were around $1500.

Anniversary
  • Here in MA they all quoted me $1,000-1,500. I ended up getting a discount from a friend of a friend for $850 for 5 hours. 

• Yeah it really depends on the area and who you are looking at. DJs ranged from $800-$1500 in my area. Albany, NY. Our DJ ended up being $1250 for 5 hours + cocktail hour free.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • $1500, wow, why not use a live band?
  • phelene1 said:
    $1500, wow, why not use a live band?
    Live band for $1500?  Not by me.  Couldn't touch a live band in my area for $1500.  Not even close.
  • My husband is a dj and always works with his bride's to find what fits for them. He does amazing work and everyone is always happy with him. You ladies may look him up at www.djeddieg.com
    Obviously not that amazing because he's not getting enough referrals and he needs you to advertise for him on message boards.  

@KnotPorscha - Please bring back mods.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards