New York

Binghamton Venues

My fiance and I are looking to get married somewhere in/near Binghamton next Summer and I'm really getting anxious to pick a venue and set a date!

We would really love somewhere outside and kind of rustic, with either really great food (not the traditional wedding dried out chicken) or the choice to get our own caterer. I haven't found many places in the area that I like, especially that can accomodate a crowd near 200 guests.

We're looking into the Links at Hiawatha Landing but I'm not sure. Any input or ideas?

Re: Binghamton Venues

• edited December 2011
    Wingmasters in Marathon, NY has a rustic setting, plenty of outdoor sites for the ceremony, and lots of space to set up a tent.  The only downside is that the lodge only seats 156 people, but if you incorporate a tent as well, you can seat people outside.  The ponds are very pretty!  It's about 25 minutes outside of Binghamton.

I can send you pictures of the place if you're interested.  My wedding reception will be there in September, so after that point I will have pictures of my wedding to post.
  • edited December 2011
    check out pumpelly house estate.
    its a bed and breakfast but in the back is a restored/converted carriage horse stable. it is absolutely gorgeous with three areas to have the ceremony.  i would have booked it here if i was expecting less than 150 people.
  • edited December 2011
    We had our reception at the Pumpelly House last September. The carriage house is perfect!!

The Estate sounds like it would be perfect for what you are looking for. We had a great time there! Their link is below.

www.pumpellyhouse.com

• edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! We did check out the Pumpelly House and it was amazing except that we are expecting more than 150 people.

We actually did eventually find a place to book though! I just don't want to say it outloud (or in writing) until I know it's set in stone!
  • burtcherylburtcheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Traditions at the Glen is great!
    Burt and Cheryl
  • edited December 2011
    i actually booked my wedding for traditions at the glen! it was way cheaper than pumpelly when i added in the full open bar...because at traditions the full open bar is included in the per head price.
  • edited December 2011
    We almost went with Traditions at the Glen too! We were set to go look at Traditions and The Links at Hiawatha Landing. We ended up going to look at The Links and we loved it so much that we booked it right away. Thanks for all of the help ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards