Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress help I hate my dress

2»

Answers

• Also has anyone ha the bra sewn into there dress? I feel like it would be revealing if I fell out of the dress
  • Thank you all I feel less stupid I still dislike the color but white is white I just wish I could get my money back and buy the dress I want too bad you only do this wedding thing once ;)

well, you can sell the dress and buy another one.
  • Yes a bra can be added, but I didn't add one to mine and I also didn't wear a separate bra and my boobs stayed in place.  No peep show was given to my guests.  But I guess it all depends on the size of your knockers.

• Your dress will be tight enough that you won't fall out. I know lots of women have cups sewn in. 
  • you could always sell the dress on a preowned wedding website and hope someone buys it in time for you to find another dress or you can search for bridal consigments in your area and see if they are willing to take the dress in exchange for you purchasing a dress from them.

• :-|

this whole forum was very frustrating.  you love the dress deep down, so.... it isn't the color you thought you were getting....i promise you can learn to live with that.  your wedding day is one day in the rest of the beautiful life you're going to make with your better half.  Get a new VEIL....they are extremely easy to make if you just can't find the funds in your budget to buy a new one, sell the other one and offset the cost of the new one.  The dress is gorgeous, and it most certainly CAN be altered to fit you without losing the integrity of the design.  It will be a little bit more work than a simple "taking in" but a seamstress who knows what she's doing will not fret over this seemingly disastrous matter.  Relax girl, you have time to get this right.  The best part about it is that you HAVE the dress, you aren't starting from scratch.

• I got married nearly 7 years ago, I'm back here on these wedding boards cause my brother is getting married now so just helping him research some things.  

Back when I got married I also didn't like my dress...I didn't hate it, but it was the first thing I bought and as I started planning my wedding, my dress felt like it didn't fit the look I was going for.  I wasn't about to buy another dress, so I ended up making ALL my accessories pieces that I LOVED.  I dyed my petticoat pink to give it some extra special oomf, I bought shoes that I loved, I hand beaded my veil with crystals, got a beautiful crystal clip to go on my dress, custom made my own earrings/bracelet/necklace...All in all, in the end, I still felt great on my day. Yes, I didn't wear a dream dress, but it was just one day in my life and it all worked out in the end. 
  • For the record I LOVE your dress!  I would have loved to wear something like that on my day :) 
  • Thats a beautiful dress!!!! I agree with the other girls the right seamstress can fix the dress and you will look beautiful on your wedding day just like you should
  • Glad it all worked out in the end for you!
  • yaayy glad it all worked out for you.. happy wedding planning
  • awesome, I felt so sorry for your situation! Have a great wedding :)
  • That dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you!!! I'm so glad that everything worked out!!
  • As soon as you get your hair and make up on I promise all the other stuff will blend. Youll look stunning 
  • That dress looks great! I'm glad it all worked out!
  • @weddingjustina, you cannot advertise yourself here. Soliciting is not allowed on The Knot. 

• The seamstress told me I would lose about 15in of the skirt because I'm 5'1 and the dress is a size 4 I am a size 00 and the dress is so white it's almost blue

Why did you buy a size 4 dress if you are a 00? This story makes no sense.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ignoring all of the craziness in this thread, the corrected dress is simply stunning.

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

• Your dress is gorgeous!! Can i ask what designer it is, I would love to have a similar dress for my wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Source: I work for a bridal shop.

Your dress looks blue because Bridal White Is actually a shade of blue. It's a very harsh color and I almost never suggest it to any of my brides. You need a very specific skin tone to pull off bridal white. Also, many brides never think about the color of the linens their venue provides. If the napkins or soft white or ivory your bridal white dress will stand out like a sore thumb.

Your dress right now is a FIt and Flare. It is in no way a ball gown. I suppose me question is, Why can't you take it back? We have brides change their minds all the time! I had one just yesterday exchange her gown for a different one. We don't truely like to do that but we absolutely will. If you're not happy go and TELL THEM. See if the dress can be ordered in petite. Or (idk where you bought you dress) go to a more mainstream store like alfred angelo of davids bridal. They have loads that can be ordered in petite which will shave about 3-4 inches off the hem. It's your wedding girl, go get what you want!
  • If you have not picked the dress up you may still be able to exchange it for something else. But keep in mind your wedding date is right around the corner. I'm sure your dress is great and you'll look beautiful. Good luck sweetie
  • My wedding is also on 6-14-14 - must be the dress hating month because I also hated my dress that I originally bought which WAS a ball gown, but I wanted a more form fitting dress. I bought a new one. I LOVE this new one. If you hate it, bite the bullet and buy a new one. NOW! You're running out of time!  I feel your pain :(
  • Have it taken in, if its not too the extent of "puffiness" you want they can always add more tulle or you can where a petticoat that will puff it out more. If there is a significant difference between the dress and veil. go to another store see if there is a veil that you really want and try to find it on weddingbee.com. Hope this helps and sorry about your dilemma
  • Hey there fellow June bride! Don't get upset take a deep breath! I would say go to a different seamstress because clearly she doesn't know what she is talking about. You do not have to loose the profiles ofc the dress and that is a fit and flare like mine. I am also 5'1 and you shouldnff have to loose the volume at all. Second get another professional opinion before this lady makes a cut! The veil is easy I got mine from David's bridal and with a discount I got it for $80! If the dresss is diamond white the veil should match if it is sheer I don't think you can really tell. My veil is off whippet and my dress is diamond white. See if u caN exchange the veil. It's a gorgeous dress and I am sure you will look beautiful
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards