Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Processional Songs

I am getting married in a Catholic church and would like some recommendations. I like Pachelbel Canon in D but not sure if I want to use that for me or my bridal party. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Re: Processional Songs

• Churches can sometimes have requirements so to start I would check with them to see if they have restrictions on what you can and cannot play.  I personally like when the bride has her own song, so if you like Canon in D use that for yourself and then pick something else for the wedding party.  There are so many options we would need to know what music you like to even begin to give suggestions.  I was not married in the church so went the non-traditional route and used "My Wish," & "I will be there for you" for the seating of the family and wedding party and then I walked to "Marry Me."

Anniversary
  • Ditto PP's point about the restrictions on what you can walk to in a church.

We're not getting married in a church.  My bridal party is processing to "In My Life" by the Beatles, and I'll walk to "Marry Me" by Train.
    image 108 invited.
    image 95 will be celebrating with us.
    image 13 will be there in spirit...
    (including the uninvited cousins who
    RSVP-ed and then cancelled after 
    realizing that it wasn't a great time
    to travel to our city....) 
    image 0 are keeping us guessing!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My bridal party and I will be walking down the aisle to Trumpet Voluntary. Princess Diana used this as her bridal entrance song and it is very beautiful.

I am also getting married in a Catholic church (full catholic mass) and the wedding march is not allowed. The Trumpet Voluntary is. So like PP said find out what is and isn't allowed first before you make any decisions.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards