Getting in Shape
Options

Water weight?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is it going to make me look heavier if I drink a lot of water?  Or is water weight from salt?  

Re: Water weight?

• Options
    Drinking a lot of water will not make you look heavier at all.  It is absolutely necessary to drink a lot of water if you plan on trying to lose weight...or even just to stay healthy in general.  It helps flush out your system!  Drink a ton.  The new guidelines say you should be drinking half of your body weight in oz every day.  So, if you weigh 120...you should be drinking at least 60 oz of water a day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Water keeps you passes right through you, but has enormous benefits. It will not make you carry permanent weight - in fact, drinking water should help you lose weight. Unless you chug two gallons of water right before you squeeze into your dress (hello water belly), this is a non-issue. 

Dehydrating yourself, on the other hand, can cause you to bloat, feel fatigued, cause headaches, and eventually cause serious problems if you let it go on too long. 

Get yourself a good water bottle and make it a goal to drink a few bottle-fulls a day. Your body will thank you for it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards