Getting in Shape

Insanity workout program

Anyone else doing this? 

Re: Insanity workout program

• I tried it for a week in the summer... Here were my hang ups-

1. My sister was supposed to do it with me but wussed out, so no accountability. If you have someone to do it with you, or account for it on the boards, that may help.

2. Finding space in my house was nearly impossible, I had to move stuff around constantly and felt cramped even then. If you don't feel comfortable, it's hard to motivate.

3. On days when I simply could not find the time, I felt really discouraged and easily fell off the bandwagon because I felt like I messed up the timeline and didn't wanna start over.

4. I borrowed it from a friend so I had really nothing invested. I wonder if I were to buy it if I'd be more driven to make use of that money spent.

However, I really like Shawn T. so I'm gonna try to do the Focus T25 pretty soon, I got it from a friend.

• All those reasons mentioned above are the same for me. It's hard without accountability in any exercise program. The lack of space can be annoying, when you're trying to get yourself to workout, even something as small as having to move some chairs around can be enough to make you say "eh, maybe not." But I think definitely one of the biggest problems was after I had to miss a day (I have a crazy work schedule) I felt so completely defeated, like it was the most horrible thing in the world (maybe slight exaggeration lol). And it made it even harder the go the next day. If you can stick with it and make it to week 3, you start to see some definition in your stomach (at least I did) and it made it easier to keep on keeping on, its just getting to that part.
  • I've done it before, but I wasn't pleased with my results. Maybe I didn't push hard enough, even though I felt like I was dying? It is super hard to stay accountable, especially in month 2 when the workouts get longer and it takes up even more time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• I would love to possibly do it again though to help prepare for my November 2014 wedding. So, if anyone wants a partner, let me know.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• I love Insanity! I just finished my 3rd round of it. You've got to push past the first week, and then the first week of the second month, and then you'll think you can do anything.
    But you really do have to keep your diet in check. My first round of Insanity, I didn't watch what I was eating and I actually gained weight!
  • I did it to get ready for my wedding.  If I had to miss a day, I tried to add a workout to the 2nd day by doing one in the morning and one in the evening.  If I wasn't able to do that, I just moved on with the program.  It does get discouraging to miss a day but if you focus on that, you lose the point of doing the program.  Keep with it, don't stop, and focus on the end goal.  It's a great feeling to finish the program, love Shaun T.   I find him in my head when I'm at the gym - "I'm smiling because I love it".  :)
  • FI and I are doing Insanity! We both did it a few years ago and got to week 6 and then went on vacation and stopped. Now we're on recovery week this round. It helps that we live together now so we keep each other in check. If you do Insanity, I will tell you it is hard...like you have to really push and be vested in it. And do not get scale obsessed.  I was scale obsessed during round one because I would push so hard and only lose a few pounds, but I knew it was working when my measurements drastically changed (because I was not only losing fat but also gaining muscle) and I could see results in the mirror. It feels amazing when you finish each workout! We also drink pre-workout most days (not the beach body drinks, we drink cellucor c4) and love the energy it gives you. "Because I wanna look good." 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards