March 2014 Weddings

Just mailed my invites!!

2»

Re: Just mailed my invites!!

• I went to the post office on Monday to weigh the invitation and buy the stamps.  I had already weighed it at work but wanted to double check the .66.  The mail lady Debbie was so nice helping me.  She knew exactly what stamps she wanted me to get (lol) but her boss had to release them to her. So I waited, and waited, and waited.  Finally got them with 10 minutes to spare to get back to work. 

Put my invitations together and asked my mom to take them to the post office on Wednesday and told her to ask them to hand cancel them.  She goes to the small one in their community center then calls me because the mail guy said I didn't have enough postage that it should be $0.20 more each.  Now that I read the above responses I guess that's what he was trying to say.  I told her to go to the big one and ask for Debbie.  She lucked out and got her, told her I was there on Monday and she remembered me. Hand canceled them right there an then.  Thanks Debbie!
  • I sent mine out the day after Christmas and added an extra cent to the RSVP postcard's because of those who RSVP late and because of the increase mid January. I hope I don't have to make too many phone calls for missing RSVP's. There are a few people I've talked to so hopefully it brings the number down :).

50 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My post office hand canceled for free also. Just went out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got back our first RSVPs! Excluding our parents (they got theirs at least a week before everyone else) we got back 5 in the past day. Checking the mail has just become a whole lot more exciting!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • verna25 said:

I sent mine out the day after Christmas and added an extra cent to the RSVP postcard's because of those who RSVP late and because of the increase mid January. I hope I don't have to make too many phone calls for missing RSVP's. There are a few people I've talked to so hopefully it brings the number down :).

50 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you used forever stamps, the extra 1cent stamp won't do much for your RSVP's.  I was told I didn't have to worry about it...they told me the stamps are "forever" stamps so it doesn't matter when you got them.  :o/  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Mailed mine on Saturday. Hopefully we'll get RSVPs quickly!
    image 108 invited.
    image 95 will be celebrating with us.
    image 13 will be there in spirit...
    (including the uninvited cousins who
    RSVP-ed and then cancelled after 
    realizing that it wasn't a great time
    to travel to our city....) 
    image 0 are keeping us guessing!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Hey Michelle-
    I purchased postcard stamps so I did need the extra cent. Forever stamps went on the invites. Thanks :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just need to vent/share.... I went to the post office today with my cute .66 cent wedding cake stamps affixed on my envelopes, and asked for hand cancelling to drop off the first batch of wedding invites.  I was charged the extra .20 cents each invite, which I was prepared for, BUT I HAD NO IDEA IT WAS IN THE FORM OF THE STAMP???  I literally had a meltdown in the post office and I am so ashamed of it, but it's just been a domino effect of little things in the last 72 hours that have been throwing curveballs at me around this wedding lol.   SO with that being said, next to my cute wedding cake stamps, IS MISTERRRRR GEORGEEE WASHINGTONNN AS A .20 CENT STAMP.    The lady told me that EVERY bride that goes in there gets extremely upset over Mr. Washington on their invitations, but, it is what it is.

LE SIGH.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• No. Hand canceling is not another stamp. Its the post mark so it doesn't go through the machine. I didn't have to pay (because i knew the clerk) but it shouldn't have been another stamp.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Hey @rakkaya87---sorry for the GW stamp.  I/We share in the stress of all this....just had a little cry in the kitchen myself.   No one is going to notice the stamp.  Just you.  I'm sure that doesn't help much, but no one keeps that outer envelope!    They care more about what's inside and what's to come from that invite.  
  • One of our invites just came back to us because of an address issue.  Honestly, the GW stamp next to my beautiful $.66 cake stamp doesn't look bad at all.  While it's not as pretty as the wedding cake, it could be a whole lot worse! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh I am over it, I just wanted to semi-vent haha :)  Thanks ladies! @kjvaracalli @silver0319

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I told my FI to drop off the invites at the post office and tell them to "hand process" them. When they said something about "hand canceling" them, he kind of wigged out and just dropped them in the mail. Whoops! Totally my fault but hilarious. 

We sent ours the week after NYE and have received many RSVP's so far. We haven't heard anything about damaged invitations (fingers crossed). Good luck with all of your invites!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards