January 2015 Weddings

Any other January 2015 brides???

Discussion title says it all!

Re: Any other January 2015 brides???

• Hello!!! I am planning for January 10, 2015. Hope to book our venues in the next few weeks. What are your colors? I am having tough time deciding....
  • We are still deciding on what we want to do for a wedding but would love to have it in Jan 2015. 
  • Hi ladies!! I'm so excited someone replied! We booked our venue for January 2nd!! 

@futuremrsog15 - we're still uncertain, but thinking champagne, eggplant, and very deep red. Other colours will be neutrals (dark wood, charcoal). The venue is an old style restaurant (old hardwood floors, stone walls, lots of rustic details) so we didn't want anything that clashed. Not sure about the bridesmaids dress colour yet - could be any of the three colours, charcoal, or black. 

How about you?

• We just booked our venue for January 24, 2015. Colors are the furthest thing from my mind right now. LOL. I feel like I've made so much progress picking a date and a place!
  • Hi ladies!! I'm so excited someone replied! We booked our venue for January 2nd!! 

@futuremrsog15 - we're still uncertain, but thinking champagne, eggplant, and very deep red. Other colours will be neutrals (dark wood, charcoal). The venue is an old style restaurant (old hardwood floors, stone walls, lots of rustic details) so we didn't want anything that clashed. Not sure about the bridesmaids dress colour yet - could be any of the three colours, charcoal, or black. 

How about you?

Your colors sound pretty!! At first I was toying with Dark Grey and red. Imagine Grey bridesmaids and red flowers. But then the red starting bothering me, as too bright. So right now I am thinking about Silver/blues/whites. We don't have snow where we live so not too wintery. We are meeting with venue today. It is a church with purple carpets, so I need to be thinking about colors not clashing with that.

awleia1 said:
    We just booked our venue for January 24, 2015. Colors are the furthest thing from my mind right now. LOL. I feel like I've made so much progress picking a date and a place!
    I agree, colors should not be on my radar yet. I think I am just looking for the wedding theme. I want elegant so that is where I am starting. Congrats on booking your venue!!
  • I just booked my wedding for January 24, 2015! I can't wait!

• I just booked my wedding for January 24, 2015! I can't wait!

Congratulations!!!!!!!
  • Hi everyone & congratulations! I just found out today that this board exists.  Our wedding is going to be on January 17, 2015.

@futuremrsog15 I think grey and red sounds nice.  I get what you mean about the red though.  Maybe if it was just an accent.  Silver/blue/white sounds really nice as well -- very wintery.

I kinda chose a lot of colours for my wedding... and I think I'm sticking with it.  Forest green, brown, robin's eggs blue, and gold and red accents.  Maybe it sounds like too much, but here's my inspiration board: http://www.pinterest.com/after1mage/winter-wedding-colours/
  • emilie250emilie250 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
     Your colors sound pretty!! At first I was toying with Dark Grey and red. Imagine Grey bridesmaids and red flowers. But then the red starting bothering me, as too bright. So right now I am thinking about Silver/blues/whites. We don't have snow where we live so not too wintery. We are meeting with venue today. It is a church with purple carpets, so I need to be thinking about colors not clashing with that. 
    I like both your ideas!! Definitely agree with making sure it doesn't clash with the venue!! Not sure whether you've seen this, but there's a website called perfect palette that has inspiration boards for a bunch of colour palettes - you should check it out, it may give you some inspiration!!!
  • emilie250emilie250 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    Hi everyone & congratulations! I just found out today that this board exists.  Our wedding is going to be on January 17, 2015.

@futuremrsog15 I think grey and red sounds nice.  I get what you mean about the red though.  Maybe if it was just an accent.  Silver/blue/white sounds really nice as well -- very wintery.

I kinda chose a lot of colours for my wedding... and I think I'm sticking with it.  Forest green, brown, robin's eggs blue, and gold and red accents.  Maybe it sounds like too much, but here's my inspiration board: http://www.pinterest.com/after1mage/winter-wedding-colours/
    Congratulations!!! I like your colour palette! I think you should stick to forest green, brown, and robin's eggs blue as the dominant colours and gold and red as accents, though… Otherwise the theme may be lost. 
  • I definitely agree.  I knew I wanted to keep all of those colours, but you've put it just right - just a few gold and red accents.  And yeah I spent some time browsing perfect palette.  It's a good website with lots of ideas.  

Looking forward to chatting with you January 2015 brides :)
  • Hi everyone & congratulations! I just found out today that this board exists.  Our wedding is going to be on January 17, 2015.

Your colors sounds so wintery. I love it. Congratulations to you! And yes looking forward to chatting with you too.
    I like both your ideas!! Definitely agree with making sure it doesn't clash with the venue!! Not sure whether you've seen this, but there's a website called perfect palette that has inspiration boards for a bunch of colour palettes - you should check it out, it may give you some inspiration!!!
    Thank you for referring me to the perfect palette. I am going to browsing it all day now ha! I am thinking of maybe doing deep purple and red accents instead of white. My reasons, it is evening wedding and I love purple. It would be just enough not to clash with the carpets.

We put a deposit for the church! Moving forward!
  • We are looking at January 23, a Friday wedding :) 
    I am struggling with the colors.  I thought I wanted rustic winter stuff, but the venue we liked best is more modern, the carpet is kinda horrible....red, blue and yellow! So i'm thinking of playing off of that. I don't know, I just constantly feel like I am going in circles!! 
    Fiance wants to know prices for EVERYTHING, which is great, but I would rather be 'assigned' a price amount then shop within that price! I just feel like there is so much time still, but it will be here before we know it~
  • Deep purple and red is a unique colour scheme! Those colours are so rich. It will be nice for an evening wedding.

@becky22002 - will the carpet actually be that noticeable? Maybe if you could dim the lights a bit and have candles on the tables or lights hanging above you could draw attention away from the carpet.  Also, maybe you can tie in the modern and rustic themes together.  Try searching 'rustic elegant wedding' or 'rustic modern wedding' and you might get some ideas.
  • Hey date twin!!! @futuremrsog15. I'm jan 10 also!!!!
    Hey!! Cool. How is planning going for you? We are still trying to decide on the reception venue.
  • Stunning venue!

• hi! i have everything except photo/video and makeup.. 
    i am making my own centerpieces and bouquets. everything else is done and paid for... we are getting married in long island at jericho terrace... ceremony in first room with dome... and reception in the skylight room
    WOW WOW that is beautiful! And sounds like you have a lot done!
  • Another Jan. of 2015 here!  Ours is booked for Jan. 3rd.  I've gone back and forth on the color scheme, but finally decided on a sangria color for the bridesmaids, along with silvers, grays, and creams as accents.  I didn't want anything that looked too Christmas-y, being that the wedding is basically the week after Christmas, but I still wanted a wintery feel.  We're going for a beautiful Methodist sanctuary for the ceremony (HUGE stained glass window!) and an industrial venue for the reception (exposed brick, beams, etc.). 

My fiance keeps saying he thinks its crazy to be thinking about all of it this far in advance....he just doesn't understand lol.

• That is a really nice personal touch that you get to design the cake for your own wedding!
  • I also have my wedding booked for January 3, 2015 (date twins, @jimandpam87!).  Getting married on University of Florida campus (my alma mater), so naturally our colors are orange and blue.  :)  Have ceremony and reception venues and photographer booked; bought my dress, sent out save the dates (most guests are travelling).  So much left to do still!  Working on finding a caterer, DJ, and hotel block currently, along with picking a bridesmaid dress.
  • January 3, 2015!  Also a Methodist wedding.  Our colors are silver and ice blue.  I found some floating snowflake candles for the centerpieces.  I'm thinking snowmen people for the cake top...thoughts? My sisters hate the idea.  
  • Congratulations january brides!!! :)

• Found my dress!!

http://www.justinalexanderbridal.com/wedding_dresses/8716

Other than that not much else happening in my wedding planning world. You ladies?
  • January 30, 2015!!! 

I'm so excited! I feel like everything is going super well in my planning. We have our wedding venue picked and 1/4 the way payed off on it, a family friend is going to be the minister, I picked my bridal party, our save the dates have come in and I'm almost done addressing them, and I'm going to start dress shopping soon! 

Our wedding colors are Navy blue and yellow. :) 
  • We're January 10 and so far we've got the church and reception booked, photographer and DJ booked and I have my dress. We're pretty far ahead but I hate to feel rushed so I wanted to get as much done ahead of time as possible. We're at the point now where there isn't much more we can do until it gets closer.
  • We're tentatively planning a January 3rd wedding. No venue yet, but we're about halfway done with saving for the wedding, and I have a dress--that's something, right? 
  • Also booked for January 3, 5015!!! Our theme is a rustic winter wonderland, with white & light ice blue as the main colors, and natural colors (like pinecones, logs, and branches) as ascents. The ceremony is in my parents methodist church, were I grew up going. The reception is at a small golf club with a fire place, and a huge glass wall window. We have all the big venders booked, so now just working on all the details!! So excited there are so many brides with my date!
  • Hello everyone! My wedding date is set for January 24 2015!!! I have a venue booked and working on all the details! Wondering how dress shopping is going for everyone? It has been extremely difficult for me because I don't not want a dress without sleeves! If anyone knows of anything please let me know! Congratulations to everyone!!
  • Hi ladies! I'm a January 3, 2015 bride! We are getting married in Austin, TX. Our wedding colors are tiffany blue and red. I was originally planning on getting married in August 2014, so we have a LOT already planned.
  • Welcome to the newer January 2015 brides!! I haven't checked back here in a long while. Looks like January 3 is very popular. As far as planning we are working on deciding on florists right now! It's a tough one! Our Save the Dates are ready and waiting to get mailed out July 1. I have also picked out the bridesmaids dresses and narrowed down the accent colors. Time is flying by already.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards