Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Barn or Lodge Style Venue for Small (50) BBQ/Rustic Wedding&Reception

I am having trouble finding a venue small enough for my wedding. My guest list is 55 people. I would ideally like to have a place where I could have my ceremony and reception. I am looking for a barn or lodge like venue. I am having a simple "backyard barbecue" wedding. Rustic and foot loose and fancy free. All of the venues I am finding have a minimum number of people higher than my 50 guests. Some do not have a minimum, but still are large venues which we will not utilize so in a way would be a waste of money. I am looking in the southwestern part of Pennsylvania. My family is from Mt. Pleasant, PA area so I would like to stay within a reasonable distance. 

Re: Barn or Lodge Style Venue for Small (50) BBQ/Rustic Wedding&Reception

• Options
    PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    Have you seen the pictures for the Green Gables Restaurant in Jennerstown?  To me the inside looks like a lodge, but perhaps it's too formal for your vision?  Chances are with your wedding on the smaller side for most venues, you could be paying a lot for a traditional venue...they definitely cater to bigger weddings, which sucks for those doing smaller weddings.  Possibly consider restaurants?  Other people on here have mentioned Bell's Banquets in Mt Pleasant.
  • Options
    Hello!  I booked Bell's Banquets and they do require a 100 person minimum for weddings.  Have you checked The West Overton Barn in Scottdale?  They have two separate spaces for weddings... one is much bigger (up to 200 people) and the distillery room is smaller and seems like it would fit your size wedding.  This link is through Carson Catering, which I believe is their preferred caterer, but you can also google it.  http://www.carsonsweddings.com/westoverton/default.aspx.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    This place may be good for you.  I was considering it for my woodsy wedding.  It seems a bit smaller and it's family owned so you could prolly work something out

http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Renshaw-Family-Farms/Profile/CAR/117/579701/profile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards