Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

My Wish?

My wish by Rascall Flatts? My brother is walking me down the aisle and I love this song for him. I am not dancing with him at the father daughter dance as I am honoring my adopted family at that time. Would it seen weird to play this while walking down the aisle? 

Re: My Wish?

• Options
    @coronado11

I think it would be a bit weird. Maybe have that song as a special dance for you and your brother at the reception. I don't think doing that would be taking away from you honoring your adopted family.
  • Options
    The chorus is a little off for the walk down the isle but you can make it work. If you decide against, then you can always play it during the reception (not a solo, all eyes on us dance) and make sure you find your brother to dance with when it comes on. 
  • Options
    I love that song but walking down the aisle is not much of a song for him, as it would be a song for you or your husband on some level. 

I used "My Wish" in my processional for the seating of the family (parents, grandparents and Husband walking his mom).

It is a beautiful song and wedding appropriate by all means, but If you wanted to dedicate it to your brother, I'd save it for the reception. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards