Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

What music for everyone's taste to dance to?

So I have hired a DJ at a very low cost. Since he is newer he requests me to give him my playlist from start to finish...no problem. I have cocktail hour almost done, some of dinner. But I am stuck at before 9:30 for the reception/dancing hour. After 9:30 I am putting on booty music lol cupid shuffle etc. But before that I want to make my Grandparents and the other older crowd happy. What is some good music I can put in for everyone to enjoy and get up and dance?

Re: What music for everyone's taste to dance to?

• I would put on music from artists they like. If you don't know, ask them. We're going to be playing Elivis, Johnny Cash, Dean Martin, etc
  • I agree with hlvonb's list and would like to add Frank Sinatra and Michael Jackson
  • OMG how could I forget Frank Sinatra?? Yes, add him to the list too :)
  • Shout, Respect, Brick House, Land of 1000 Dances, Old Time Rock and Roll, You Should be Dancing, Mony Mony, You Dropped the Bomb on Me, Everybody Dance Now (gonna make you sweat), Do You Love Me (now that I can dance), Tears of a Clown
  • I would throw in some big band and swing too, even from the "newer" bands like Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Cherry Poppin' Daddies and Brian Setzer Orchestra. Every age group can get up and dance to "Jump Jive 'n' Wail," even if they look ridiculous doing it! :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards