• bakersckbakersck member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    Color: Ivory

Silhouette: ballgown/ fit and flare

Waist: dropped

Neckline: sweetheart

Fabric: satin

Extra details: I love pickups and crystals.  I wanted a corset back and ruching in the bodice

Do you have your dress?  PIP! My dress is Essence of Australia

Edit Resize picture
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    That is a gorgeous gown!!! Wow I totally love it. And right now the dress I am in love with is by Essence of Australia also! I still have not gone to look at dresses (I need to lose some very stubborn pounds). I know that I want a white or ivory dress. Mermaid or fit and flare. Not a sweetheart neckline, but the one that runs straight across (I'm pretty bad at describing dress details lol) probably with some Crystals.

The dress I uploaded below is a dress that I loveeeee and it is my top pic for now. I'm petite but curvy, so I think a form fitting dress will look better on me rather than a big ball gown. I also like the top because I don't want to be all cleavage lol. I didn't think I would want the one shoulder look but I love it on that dress. Apparently it is detachable though, so I can experiment throughout the night with the strapless/ one shoulder look. Oh, and I do want strapless. I want to start actually trying on dresses in May, I should be back in shape by then :)

Edit: spelling
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• There it is
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @pinkcow13 that is gorgeous!  I love the one shoulder strap!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Both of your dresses are gorgeous. I think I'm going to go with a Mermaid dress with a sweetheart neckline. I like to stop out the box a little so I want a blush dress.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's the dress I want

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @futuremrsds2015 I tried on a dress similar to that.  It was a drop waist instead of Mermaid. My dress and that one were my top 2, and it was such a hard decision to pick one! I love it in blush.  It's very elegant and fun at the same time!  Beautiful dress! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @sckeens it really is a hard decision. I always thought I wanted two dresses but now that my time is here to get married I only want one.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Too funny, I also want a mermaid sweetheart neck blush gown!  And here I thought I was stepping out of the box, too!  My "blush" will not be as deep as @Futuremrsds2015 though.  Fi really wanted me to wear white so it's going to have to be a light blush.

Here's a pic of me in an "almost-perfect" dress.  It looked super pink on the hanger but much softer on me, which I like.  Color and silhouette were spot on, but I really want some crystals or bling on the dress.  So I'm putting a bookmark in this one for now and looking at some other places.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• @JCBride2014 blush is the "new stepping out the box" lol...... I really like your dress but I agree I would add some crystals or bling. Did you try adding a belt with some bling on it? You could also wear nice bling accessories.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's my Maggie :) Its Maggie Sottero's Adorae. I purchased it in ivory. 
  • @clarke10 that's beautiful! I live the bling under the bust! I'm also a fan of the bubble hem!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JCBride2014clarke10 - gorgeous dresses!!! Argh I am getting antsy, I cannot WAIT to go dress shopping!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• starlite21lstarlite21l member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2014
    Here is my dress!  Adalee by Maggie Sottero it was the first dress I tried on!

Ignore the obnoxious faces I'm making!  lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Looks like Maggie Sottero is popular. All of her dresses are beautiful so I can understand why lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Gorgeous dresses ladies!  :)

• Love the dresses!  It is all so exciting.  I think that is when it hit me that I was actually getting married! It was tough since I mostly tried on bridesmaids dresses (that come in white) and none of them were actually in white at the store. (for obvious reasons)
  • Love all the dresses ladies! I have not gone shopping yet, but I want a fit and flare. I want a white dress, but want some bling on it. I am in love with lace and I love the sweetheart neckline. I am going dress shopping in March or April when my mom and sister can plan a trip here. Who knows... My dream dress may be something totally different from this!
  • Love all the dresses ladies! I have not gone shopping yet, but I want a fit and flare. I want a white dress, but want some bling on it. I am in love with lace and I love the sweetheart neckline. I am going dress shopping in March or April when my mom and sister can plan a trip here. Who knows... My dream dress may be something totally different from this!
  • I was originally looking for a fit n' flare/mermaid silhouette with an illusion lace neckline. Well, tried those on and being 5 feet tall, that didn't work at all! Mermaid was okay, but the lace/illusion neckline just cut me off. So, I feel like I'm back at square one on what I want.  I tired on a couple of A-line dresses that I liked and a few other sweetheart, mermaid/fit n' flare silhouettes I liked. I guess I'll have to keep on shopping!
  • I was originally looking for a fit n' flare/mermaid silhouette with an illusion lace neckline. Well, tried those on and being 5 feet tall, that didn't work at all! Mermaid was okay, but the lace/illusion neckline just cut me off. So, I feel like I'm back at square one on what I want.  I tired on a couple of A-line dresses that I liked and a few other sweetheart, mermaid/fit n' flare silhouettes I liked. I guess I'll have to keep on shopping!
    I'm also 5 feet tall, and I'm looking for mermaid/fit and flare. I have not started dress shopping yet, but why didn't you like the ones you tried on? I thought those would be a good fit for a short person. I thought a ball gown would make me look like a tiny fluffball or something. Again, I have not tried any dresses on, so this is just what I'm thinking. And I love the mermaid/fit and flare look lol
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @pinkcow13: The mermaid and the fitnflare looked beautiful on. It was because I tried on a bunch of those with illusion necklines that they cut me off on top. But the ones that were either sweetheart or just strapless were great! You should be fine if you try those on! I too think a ballgown would be nice too because it would hopefully hit us right at the waistline. I'm going shopping again tomorrow so I'll let know you if I have any luck! :-)
  • @pinkcow13: The mermaid and the fitnflare looked beautiful on. It was because I tried on a bunch of those with illusion necklines that they cut me off on top. But the ones that were either sweetheart or just strapless were great! You should be fine if you try those on! I too think a ballgown would be nice too because it would hopefully hit us right at the waistline. I'm going shopping again tomorrow so I'll let know you if I have any luck! :-)

Oh okay, makes sense. I can't wait to try dresses on! Good luck!!

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• the first one is what I thought I wanted (ball gown), but even though I tried it on several times (each time with other dresses), but there was something that just wasn't quite right. I went to the same bridal shop in December, only to ask about the upcoming bridal expo, and found my dress! It's a modified A-line.
  • @natswild Both are pretty, but I love the A-line dress on you!  Great choice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Beautiful! I think the A line dress is perfect on you!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I like the A line dress too. Very pretty! :)
  • Love the A-line!! Beautiful choice!
  • thanks, all of you! I knew as soon as I put it on that it was the one! Being able to buy it off the rack and take it home just made it all the better!
  • I tried this dress on....and I LOVE it!! It may be the one... :-Dimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards