Snarky Brides

Let's Fight!

Gloves off, bring your best UO's. I'll give a few starting off topics.
Please add your other unpop op's, but so help me God if you drop some steaming turd into this thread like, "I hate people who abuse welfare" I'll flame you every single week in AYG until the end of the year.  

Do you think the KKK should be allowed to adopt a highway, and have a sign up with their name/chapter listed on the highway?

How do you feel about the word God being used in things like The Pledge of Allegiance, our currency, on state/federal buildings?

Do you think women on welfare should be forced to use birth control?

Congrats, you've been hired as the new warden for a maximum security prison. What rights would you give prisoners? what rights would you take away?

Pacquiao fight, was it fixed?

Chael Sonnen vs. Anderson Silva re-match in a couple of weeks, who's walking away with the belt?

Ok, humor me with the last two.

ETA: fixed my spelling error. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Let's Fight!

• edited June 2012
    Do you think the KKK should be allowed to adopt a highway, and have a sign up with their name/chapter listed on the highway? Yes- just because people don't agree with their beliefs doesn't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to adopt a highway and clean up trash.

How do you feel about the word God being used in things like The Pledge of Allegience, our currency, on state/federal buildings?  People came to America looking for Religious freedom.  While I don't think many people are offended by it, I can see why we are trying to make our country more open to other religions/beliefs as well.  Now, if you choose to go to a private religious school- then it should be fine to have those things.

Do you think women on welfare should be forced to use birth control? I think they should be drug tested rather than be on birth control. Although it probably isn't a bad idea.

Congrats, you've been hired as the new warden for a maximum security prison. What rights would you give prisoners? what rights would you take away?  I would take away their televisions and games.    I would keep their books, right to get an education, and go to work.
    Pacquiao fight, was it fixed?  I have no clue.

Chael Sonnen vs. Anderson Silva re-match in a couple of weeks, who's walking away with the belt? I don't watch, but I recognize Andreson Silva's name, so I'll say him.
    imageVacation
  • Instead of forcing women on welfare to use birth control, how about a mandatory sex ed class for anyone on welfare? And easy access to birth control if they decide they want to use it.   It might be naive of me, but I feel like people will make better decisions if they have the background knowledge to make informed decisions.  And in this case, the better decision is to not have a baby if you can't afford one.  However, I wouldn't force a woman (or man) to use birth control.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • I think everyone's fascination with zombies is stupid and preparing for a zombie apocalypse is dumb.
  • Do you think the KKK should be allowed to adopt a highway, and have a sign up with their name/chapter listed on the highway? Yep, we can't regulate idiots, so they're allowed the same rights as everyone else. If they are willing to put the work in and clean up the highway, I say let em work. (now if people accidentally toss flaming bags of dog turds out the window at them while they are cleaning up, I probably wouldn't get too upset over it.)

How do you feel about the word God being used in things like The Pledge of Allegiance, our currency, on state/federal buildings? I can kind of see how it might be offensive, but I don't think we're financially in a place to invest that kind of money in changing things at this point. No one is forcing you to believe in God, so I think it should stay until we are more stable and could afford to take on that kind of project. 

Do you think women on welfare should be forced to use birth control? I think it should be offered to them at no charge. If they decline, or are unwilling to take/use birth control, the states should mandate that additional children will not increase the amount of money they get monthly. 

Congrats, you've been hired as the new warden for a maximum security prison. What rights would you give prisoners? what rights would you take away? I'm still thinking on this one. 

Pacquiao fight, was it fixed? The judges made some bad calls.

Chael Sonnen vs. Anderson Silva re-match in a couple of weeks, who's walking away with the belt? Silva fo sho
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MrsEllMrsEll member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:b9dd5ce2-91d0-4d02-b5bc-d47850314cd5">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Instead of forcing women on welfare to use birth control, how about a mandatory sex ed class for anyone on welfare? And easy access to birth control if they decide they want to use it.   It might be naive of me, but I feel like people will make better decisions if they have the background knowledge to make informed decisions.  And in this case, the better decision is to not have a baby if you can't afford one.  However, I wouldn't force a woman (or man) to use birth control.
    Posted by Starqueg[/QUOTE]
    Does this qualify as a turd?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:fb07caff-fe10-4bb9-a52d-753d1548117f">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Does this qualify as a turd?
    Posted by MrsEll[/QUOTE]

Yes.

If I was a warden I would set up the prison gamer-style let them fight for freedom. If that doesn't work sex offenders can be in general population, and I would remove all their fluff rights.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Dmills-  I think your answer to the welfare question is a good one.  No additional funding for additional children would probably be something that would discourage pregnancy.
    imageVacation
  • I know this is a very UO, but if someone is sentenced to life without parole and is out of appeal options, they might as well have received the death penalty.  Why do we have to pay for someone who is 18 years old to be fed, have medical care, and housing/clothes for the rest of their natural life if there is literally no option for them to be rehabilitated and let out?
    imageVacation
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to Re:Let's Fight!:[QUOTE]I think everyone's fascination with zombies is stupid and preparing for a zombie apocalypse is dumb. Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]
    Bite me
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:5daa68a5-9d96-4bc1-a1ef-d1fe02ad3f16">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think everyone's fascination with zombies is stupid and preparing for a zombie apocalypse is dumb.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Is this an UO?  Because I think it's insanely stupid. 

H was at a gun show a few weeks ago and actually heard people talking about how a certain gun would wound a zombie. He was confused as to whether they were joking or not.  I'm thinking not.

I have a REALLY hard time believing that other people actually think zombies are real...

ETA:  I also think the vampire fascination is dumb.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:9dd56236-0ba8-4695-8c72-5af6218c615f">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know this is a very UO, but if someone is sentenced to life without parole and is out of appeal options, they might as well have received the death penalty.  Why do we have to pay for someone who is 18 years old to be fed, have medical care, and housing/clothes for the rest of their natural life if there is literally no option for them to be rehabilitated and let out?
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

Oh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:d4b67bc3-df54-4067-b01a-abae75191187">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Is this an UO?  Because I think it's insanely stupid.  H was at a gun show a few weeks ago and actually heard people talking about how a certain gun would wound a zombie. He was confused as to whether they were joking or not.  I'm thinking not.<strong> I have a REALLY hard time believing that other people actually think zombies are real...</strong> ETA:  I also think the vampire fascination is dumb.
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]

Bath salts.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:5daa68a5-9d96-4bc1-a1ef-d1fe02ad3f16">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think everyone's fascination with zombies is stupid and preparing for a zombie apocalypse is dumb.

Cosigned, ME
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:8389d1aa-92af-4684-b54a-f8b6d4e037bd">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Bath salts.
    Posted by sparent2010[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but I don't know what this means/refers to...
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • I think more places should take advantage of wage garnishment. Example: Hospitals, whether you have insurance or not, you should have to sign an agreement to have your wages garnished if you do not pay your bill within 3 months of service. Even if they work it out to only $25/month, at least they would be getting something to cover the cost. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    Zombies aren't real right now, but that's not to say it couldn't happen in some way. I'd rather make plans and prepare myself and nothing ever happen than bo SOL if shite ever hit the fan and I had no idea what to do. Its just another form of preparedness.
  • Do you think the KKK should be allowed to adopt a highway, and have a sign up with their name/chapter listed on the highway? As much as it kills me to say it, and as disgusted as I would be if I saw it, yes I do think they have the right.
    How do you feel about the word God being used in things like The Pledge of Allegience, our currency, on state/federal buildings? Not appropriate and should be changed/removed.  I know this is not realistic do do at this time, nor is it/should it be the number one priority, but at some point in time it needs to go.  I was also mega pissed when IN changed their license plate default to "In God We Trust".  
    Do you think women on welfare should be forced to use birth control? I think they should be educated about BC/sex ed and given access to it at a reasonable cost, but not forced to use it. 
    Congrats, you've been hired as the new warden for a maximum security prison. What rights would you give prisoners? what rights would you take away? Hmm.  I'll have to think about this one some more. 
    Pacquiao fight, was it fixed?  No idea.
    Chael Sonnen vs. Anderson Silva re-match in a couple of weeks, who's walking away with the belt? Again, no idea.
    I have no idea how unpopular this will be here, but it's definitely unpop in the Deaf community.  I don't think deaf people should be able to get SSI/SSDI just based on the fact that they are deaf.   
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:033cfe24-3575-4a7c-99c1-c8f610cec284">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : I'm sorry, but I don't know what this means/refers to...
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]

<div>Miami? Bath Salts? Zombie? Man eating a face? Am I ringing any bells or do you live under a rock?</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Do you think the KKK should be allowed to adopt a highway, and have a sign up with their name/chapter listed on the highway? Yes. Trash can pick up trash.

How do you feel about the word God being used in things like The Pledge of Allegiance, our currency, on state/federal buildings? I believe in the separation of church and state.

Do you think women on welfare should be forced to use birth control? No.

Congrats, you've been hired as the new warden for a maximum security prison. What rights would you give prisoners? what rights would you take away? I like PP's suggestion of taking TV/Internetz away, or at least seriously limiting their viewing hours. I'd add in mental health counseling.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:033cfe24-3575-4a7c-99c1-c8f610cec284">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : I'm sorry, but I don't know what this means/refers to...
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]

<div>Did you not see the national news story about the guy who ate the face off of another guy?</div><div>
    </div><div>He was on bath salts.</div>
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]

It was a joke in reference to: <a href="http://abcnews.go.com/US/face-eating-attack-possibly-linked-bath-salts-miami/story?id=16451452#.T9dzasrNkpo" rel="nofollow">http://abcnews.go.com/US/face-eating-attack-possibly-linked-bath-salts-miami/story?id=16451452#.T9dzasrNkpo</a>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:11f53ef8-6f37-4cda-9d83-a7b9238740e2">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Miami? Bath Salts? Zombie? Man eating a face? Am I ringing any bells or do you live under a rock?
    Posted by VeggieLove1022[/QUOTE]

So you must be taking the "Let's Fight" title of this post pretty seriously...

I heard about the story but did not read it myself, so I did not know he was on bath salts or what it had to do with zombies.
    IMG_6364
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:d892bc45-9597-4791-a8f9-831eb4f7a0c0">Re:Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Zombies aren't real right now, but that's not to say it couldn't happen in some way. I'd rather make plans and prepare myself and nothing ever happen than bo SOL if shite ever hit the fan and I had no idea what to do. Its just another form of preparedness.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Eye to eye Nebb. Besides if other shiiit goes down then I am prepared regardless.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'd be a hell of a lot more scared if that Leprechaun son of biiiiiitch showed up over a zombie. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just think you should be prepared under the guise of something real. Like shitty economy, or you know, just being prepared.

This may not be an UO, but I think if you are going to own a gun that isn't strictly for hunting, you need to trained on proper self-defense shooting, including killing someone.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:5daa68a5-9d96-4bc1-a1ef-d1fe02ad3f16">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:

<div>You are going to be wicked pissed when it happens and I won't share my ammo or stock pile with you.</div><div>
    </div><div>Zombies are serious biz.</div>

• LP11509LP11509 member
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:0cff8980-ff87-4fd0-ae24-425689fee279">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd be a hell of a lot more scared if that Leprechaun son of biiiiiitch showed up over a zombie. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too.  The movie Leprechaun scared the living shiiit out of me. </div>
  • NebbNebb member
    I would totally support a welfare reformation strict timelimit, no increases for extra kids, drug tests and the like. I know this is harsh but you don't need welfare than longer than a year. Don't find a job in that year? Tough shite, starve.
  • Congrats, you've been hired as the new warden for a maximum security prison. What rights would you give prisoners? what rights would you take away? I wouldn't take away any rights. That would cause more problems for ME. I would however, be the dirty warden who secretly let the prisoners know who the child sex offenders and rapists were.

Sodas and sugary drinks should be eliminated from the SNAPS program and juices should be limited.

I most certainly think the zombie apocalypse could happen. I don't think people will actually die and then come back to life, but I think some type of drug (street or prescribed) medical procedure or epidemic could cause people to go crazy.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:7ce52992-3d58-4181-96c3-d6332ff18245">Re:Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would totally support a welfare reformation strict timelimit, no increases for extra kids, drug tests and the like. I know this is harsh but you don't need welfare than longer than a year. Don't find a job in that year? Tough shite, starve.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Are you in any way related to KC_13?</div><div>
    </div><div>LMK</div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards