Wedding Woes

Where is the chick that was stressing about bm heights?

See. You can have ladies of all different heights with a short bride.

flower crown bridesmaids

Re: Where is the chick that was stressing about bm heights?

• My DD is 4'10, so since we couldn't rent midgets her BM's were all a lot taller!
  • I am 6'1", so you know, everyone was shorter then me.

Lately there have been some interesting woes round these parts.
  • jojobrn said:
    I am 6'1", so you know, everyone was shorter then me. Lately there have been some interesting woes round these parts.
    Same here.  And I have 1 inch on you.
  • Who cares how tall everyone is when no one's wearing a matching dress and they all have flower crowns!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ali, I didn't even notice the crowns.
  • All of my friends must meet a 5'2" requirement and must not exceed 5'7". If you grow in the time I have known you, we can no longer be friends.  And you must get your height approved by a physician, and notarized to be in my wedding party.  Lol.  
       I'm tall, but my groom's family is super tall.  They are all over 6 feet tall. My older sister is a midget (pretty close), I never understood her issue with her height. I tease, but guys fall all over my sister. Obviously, being petite is attractive, and for that matter, so is tall. There is a guy for every woman. On your wedding day, it should only matter what you look like to your husband. If you were the shortest one, you mean to tell me you couldn't pick yourself out of a lineup in your wedding photos? Lol
  • Jesus, some of you are real bitter bitches. With all the photos of these perfect weddings with perfect people it is understandable that there are unrealistic expectations. Instead of attacking and scaring away people who worry that they can't meet the expectations set by the wedding industry and models, you should be a part of the solution. Share your real life experiences and photos to showcase how normal people can still have beautiful weddings to help counteract the unrealistic expectations. Having this sarcastic, snarky attitude just reenforce stereotypes, reduce availability to good information and scares potentially helpful and productive people away from the forum. 

Stepping off my soap box now.
  • edited January 2014
    I mix sarcasm with solution.  #somethingforeveryone
  • Come again?

I believe I posted this picture to show the lady that was all a twitter about the height of her bridesmaids that it all looks great in the end.

You lost me on reinforcing stereotypes? Please expand.

• Seriously, you pick NOLA's post of "here let me assuage your fears" to call us bitter old hags in?
  • Stereotypes? I am very tall. I look it in my wedding photos, even standing a bit taller then my husband. Please tell me what stereotype this is @sbmini.
  • Ahh, I think Nola was showing her a picture so she would see that it was fine, not to pick on her.
  • I love that photo! They all look like forest pixies!
  • Yes. Because holding the hands of people who are too stupid to get out of their own heads and realize they sound ridiculous is absolutely what we all should be doing. That'll help society far better than shaming them for being dumb. 

Where's that Tina Fey eyerolling gif? 
  • She is just going to rant and not come back for a while, isn't she?
  • Jo, that's the way it always goes.

• If my knot memory serves me, she had done this before?
  • She does this all the time. Posts a rant and then disappears. Then comes back later to post a new rant.
  • Really? I hadn't noticed.
  • I was pretty sure I was remembering the same poster, she annoyed me.
  • @VarunaTT -- ALL THE LOVE for a Kate GIF.

I'm 5'8''. DH is 5'10''. I wore flats to our wedding so as to not be taller than he is. My SIL is 6' in her flat feet. My other two BMs were both 5'1". I said, "Wear black shoes, any kind you want. My personal recommendation would be wear ones you already own, 'cause it's a full Catholic Mass and there will be a lot of up and down, so you'll want comfortable ones, but as long as they're black, I don't care."

I did that in part because my SIL usually doesn't wear heels -- she's tall enough as it is, and heels make her tower over everyone else. You know what? She wore these adorable peep-toe booties. I took one look at her shoes, had massive shoe envy, and thought nothing of it -- even though those shoes made her 6'3", a good half a foot taller than I am. 

Our photo did a lot of putting her on the end and putting other people on steps in group photos, but otherwise, it didn't matter one bit.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @SBimini, i think you missed something here.
  • Come again?

I believe I posted this picture to show the lady that was all a twitter about the height of her bridesmaids that it all looks great in the end.

I'm not ranting about you, I'm ranting about the absolutely awful comments following your post. A lot of people here love to point out how much better they are than other people and it is sickening.
  • SBmini said:

Come again?

I'm not ranting about you, I'm ranting about the absolutely awful comments following your post. A lot of people here love to point out how much better they are than other people and it is sickening.
    What the what? Really? Where? 

This post is (almost) entirely tongue-in-cheek and sarcastic. 

Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • SBmini said:

Come again?

You mean like you coming in here to show us how much 'better' you are than all of us because you have a different sense of humor/sensibility/more stick up your ass?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards