Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

bridal entrance

I have most of the music set, for now, but I am still trying to find my entrance song.  I still have a good long while before I need a song, but I would to have it set soon.  My finance and I were discussing wedding details the other night when the important subject of music came up.  We both listen to classic rock, rhythm and blues, 80's, 90's, some of to days music.   

Here is what I have so far.

Prelude) Alicia Keys- Never Felt This Way
Processional) Alicia Keys- Butterfly
Interlude) Babyface- Every Time I Close My Eyes
Recessional) All 4 One- I Swear
Postlude) Kci and JoJo- All My Life

First Dance) Jesse Powell: You
Mother and Son) Lynard Skynard: Simple Man
Father and Daughter or Brother and Sister) Fleetwood Mac: Landslide
Cake Cutting) Soul 4 Real: Candy Rain
Bouquet Toss) Destiny's Child: Independent Women or Spice Girls: Wannabe
Garter) Justin Timberlake: Sexy back
Last Dance) Lifehouse: You and Me

I was thinking for the Bridal Entrance:
IMX: Beautiful You Are
Immature: Extra, Extra
Colbie C: Fallin For You
Rascal Costs: Bless The Broken Road
Mariah Carey: Vision of Love
Aqualung: Brighter Than Sunshine
Goo Goo Dolls: All That You Are

He said it is my decision about the bridal entrance but it is hard to pick just one song that says "I'm in love, look at me.". I know I am making this more difficult than it needs to be.  I am just looking for some opinions.

Re: bridal entrance

• Options
    Which of those speaks to you most? Which one, when you hear it, makes you think of your relationship? 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    It is a toss up between Mariah Carry Vision of Love and Goo Goo Dolls- All That You Are.  Each song has its own meaning in our relationship,  Thanks, I think I needed the perspective.  
  • Options
    erinlin25erinlin25 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited January 2014
    from the two you said you liked most, I think the Goo Goo Dolls song is more of "here comes a bride" type song.  Vision of Love does not scream wedding processional to me, but that is me.   Ditto Addie, what song speaks to you the most and can you envision walking down the aisle to?  close your eyes, listen to them both and see what happens.  It may take you awhile to finally decide and that is ok.  I was changing my mind up to the week of the wedding.  But the first time I heard "Marry Me" from Train (we were only dating not even engaged) I could just picture myself walking down the aisle marrying him.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I still have a long while to go until I walk down the aisle, I'll keep my ears open.  
  • Options
    All of me by john legend is really pretty. Good luck!! I'm having the same dilemma right now MUSIC lol
  • Options
    I just heard the John legen all of me.. omg i love it... im pretty sure alot of ladies will want that as their song
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards