Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Brother/sister dance

HELP!!!  My father passed away 4 years ago so I am having my two boys walk me down the aisle.  I would like to still do a father/daughter dance and have asked my brother if he would stand in for my father on that.  Now, what songs could I choose???  I am a dancer, my brother is not.  I don't want something super long or "weird".  Any suggestions? 

Re: Brother/sister dance

• @saseblon73

Have you thought about asking your brother what songs he might like? Otherwise anything slower might be good.
  • Yea, he doesn't care about this stuff like I do.  I am the meticulous one, he, the procrastinator...lol
  • How incredibly sweet that your brother is going to dance with you. How about My Wish - Rascal Flatts? I think it fits perfectly.
  • I like Rascal Flatts and thought about that one, but he hates country.  :-(  I was thinking You've got a friend in me from Toy Story, but I don't want it to be cheesy...ugh!
  • "Brothers" by Greg Bates or "Brothers and Sisters" by Coldplay.
  • LoveAngelikaLoveAngelika member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2014
    Have you thought about the song Landslide either Fleetwood Mac's version or the Dixie Chicks version.  Or Faith Hill- There You'll Be.  Maybe The Calling- Wherever You Will Go?  

I'm not sure how your relationship is with your brother, but I was just thinking about the relationship between my brother and I; the song that comes to mind is My Immortal- Evanescence...it is a bittersweet song.  
  • What about "Stand by Me" (Ben E. King) or "Lean on Me" (Bill Withers)? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards