Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

What to Wear to Work The Week You Get Engaged!

2»

Re: What to Wear to Work The Week You Get Engaged!

• Options
    ... Huh. Here I figured if I got engaged, I could just wear clothes. No white in my wardrobe. I wonder what the protocol then is? Go naked?
    I would imagine to follow protocol you go naked after you lose your V-card. . .

I dressed like I normally dressed, I didn't go around making everybody look at my finger either ... I work with a bunch of guys, I bet most don't even know I'm engaged (but I'm quiet and don't like big fusses made for me).

Anniversary
  • Options
    DAMNIT!!!! I did it all wrong...I want a whole Pretty Princess Week as a do-over!
  • Options
    Ok, I've ready some odd things since getting engaged but I think that's the oddest thing yet...I have a wedding to pay for, a new wardrobe (my staple color is black...lol) is out of the question, unless it's my wedding dress. Hell, I didn't even make a big announcement. I told my boss & my office mate because we happen to be in a meeting together & my office mate stopped mid-sentence & said "Holy crap...she's engaged!" LOL
  • Options
    I am a little late to the party, but how has nobody mentioned the lace pencil skirt for $2,360?

Of all the dumb crap the wedding industry spews, this is one of the more absurd....
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    I own like two things in white: one I rarely wear and one is my wedding dress!

You know what I wore to work after getting engaged?  Jeans and the ugliest over-sized baggy denim men's shirt emblazoned with a tourist-trap logo you've ever seen!  And a name-tag.  And a cheap necklace that we sold in the gift shop.  That was my uniform.

BTW: I think the number five outfit is butt ugly.
  • Options

What scares me is that this is coming from a Knot employee.  "Oh, I read it on the Knot, so this must be how I dress the week I get engaged."  Blegh!

Although at least it's a good reminder to snowflakes that the world doesn't stop turning and you still have to get up and go to work once you're engaged..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards