Chit Chat

WDYT of this weird baby name...

2»

Re: WDYT of this weird baby name...

• While I'm not a fan of the name itself, I think there's nothing wrong with using it as a middle name. I know quite a few people with weird or unique middle names because their parents used the mother's maiden name as the middle name. 

You could also give your daughter two middle names. There's no law against having multiple middle names (although I would stop after two). 
  • eileenrob said:

I'm personally not crazy about Karendy.  But I'm also in the "anything goes for a middle name" camp, so if you like it, go for it! 

By any chance would you consider giving one daughter the middle name Karen and if you had another, the middle name Wendy?  I'm having a baby girl in June, and her middle name will be Mary, after my mother.  If hubby and I have another daughter, we'd use his mother's name (Nancy).  But I feel like giving my daughter a combined/hybrid middle name like Mancy or Nary wouldn't really be honoring either of them.  Just my opinion.  You should definitely do what you like best.

And in response to your third question, I almost never use my middle name.

Good point, I like that also just using one and possibly having a second if that happens. I might get 3 boys, who knows lol

• I don't care for combined names (reminds me of Twilight) and also cause they usually don't flow well. I don't care for Karendy, but using it as a middle name is pretty harmless.

Anniversary
  • I'm new here, so I'll just quietly offer my two cents :)
    I have two middle names, and I go by my middle name not my first name.
    Technically I go by my SECOND middle name. Ugh.
    Let me share my mini-nightmare: I have a relatively normal name for my generation, however, it's spelled in one of the not so common ways.  As a child, there was no Disney mug, key chain, etc with my name.  Fast forward, I see my name on those items now.  New names have to start somewhere, so why not with you? :)

Anyway, every time I go to the BMV I have to fight with the lady about putting ALL of my names on the registration and license.  When I was in high school, standardized tests and the SAT were a nightmare.  Most places only offer space for a first and middle name.  It's kind of annoying having to tell every teacher, professor, friend, etc that you have two middle names or go by your middle name.  It might not seem like a big deal, but it gets to be tiresome.  FI's cousin has two middle names as well, and she agrees that it is a hassle.  I would just advise to steer clear of two middle names.

But again, that's just my opinion :)
  • I'm not a fan of it but I think anything goes for a middle name. If your kid hates it, she'll probably just refuse to tell anyone what it is.

• Depending on your religion, you may not want two middle names right now. I have a middle name from birth and a Confirmation name (from a chosen saint) given when I was confirmed at 17. I don't use it in any legal capacity, but I have it.

I kinda like Karendy. A name I saw recently on a toddler on Facebook was "Knollyn". As in, Nolan but with "Don't the loadies prefer that grassy knoll over there?" inspiration. Ugh.

• Also, what happens if you have a 2nd daughter but you used both girl family names (sort of) on the first?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My brother's sort of SD named her son Dammyyn, and it took her a year to permanently decide on a pronunciation! Pronounced day my in. Like, seriously? Why not Damien?
  • I have mixed feelings, but obviously the choice is completely up to you.  I would say it's ok as a middle name, but it would be a difficult first name for sure.  Just a thought, the name Wren is a combination of both but is a name that I have seen more than once :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Karen + Wendy

Arwen
    Kendra
    Kenda
    Kenya
    Kary
    Wren

Just some other options, also made with the same letters from the same names.

I'm not a fan of Karendy, but that's just my opinion.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • So this is kind of hilarious....I had come up with that on my own when I couldn't sleep at night. So when I got home from work and asked FI what he though he said "Absolutely not, combining names is ghetto, you can use your mom's name or your maiden name but we're not using that shit" hahahahahaha problem solved :) 

• I love uncommon and non-traditional names! FI has been on a baby name kick lately and he likes names like : Xhiva, Samara, Nadal, and Alistair.
  • I love uncommon and non-traditional names! FI has been on a baby name kick lately and he likes names like : Xhiva, Samara, Nadal, and Alistair.

I love Samara. My FI loves the mythical goddess theme my mom started with our names. He keeps bringing up Calliope and Niobe.

I love the name Alistair. It reminds me of one of the kids from You Can't Do That On Television.

• I love the name Alistair. It reminds me of one of the kids from You Can't Do That On Television.
    That's what I think of as well. Damn, I loved that show. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • LizM61409 said:

I so badly want to email this to my brother because he has a baby due in a few weeks named Jordynn which I CANNOT stand. The Y is trashy and extra N is so unnecessary but of course I have to just smile and nod because it aint my kid!

• I keep reading it as Kennedy, not Karendy....fwiw
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards