Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

WedFlik

Hey fellow brides! I had checked out the WedFlik site a while back. Received an e-mail today saying I had "won" $150 off a package with them. However, since they actually sent me a promo code I feel I didn't win anything more than a big marketing scheme. $150 is $150 though so I'm interested.

We are not using a videographer for our wedding simply because of cost and the fact that no one I know has really watched their wedding videos but maybe once. Has anyone used WedFlik? It seems like a good way to get all the backstage moments and funny things from the wedding that a videographer may catch but it'd be cheaper and not as professional. I know if a kid gets a hold of a camera we will just have crap shots but regardless I want opinions on the service and whether it's worth it.

Ultimately it would only be $200 (after $150 off) for the first package which is the 5 HD Video Cameras and then HD download of all the footage. I tried to find previous post but only found one from 2011 so I'm not sure if anyone else has used them or is thinking of using them. 

Thank you!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone

Re: WedFlik

• I wouldn't do it - but I'm in the industry (don't do weddings) so my opinion is biassed, but also based on experience.

The basic package just gives you footage, no editing. Do you know how to edit and have the software?  The footage is probably going to be shaky. Who is going to shoot with these 5 cameras? Are you going to ask your guests "work" during the ceremony? 

Each camera only records 2 hours. I'd check and see if you can round up a few phones that can do the same thing as a FlipCam - what the company sends you.

A wedding video is great, but I would suggest saving your money, hiring a professional or a video/film student at a local college rather than using one of these types of companies.

Sorry, I just think you'll be disappointed.
    GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I already checked with the local college and they don't even have a film program (too bad because the one in my hometown is known for this). I just refuse to pay a grand for videographers when I don't think I'll watch a fairytale wedding set up. I enjoy the quirky funny nervous moments. $200 was fair enough to consider it. As far as working I doubt any of my family personally would call it work. They recorded his entire proposal because they wanted to and most family events get recorded. Just thought this was a cute way to have multiple angles.

I'm actually requesting no cameras or phones on during the ceremony itself because I don't want people worried about getting pictures of us or anything like that. Just their attention. We are paying for a great photographer to handle the ceremony pictures. The cameras would really just be for before the ceremony and during the reception for fun.

However, it seems like it cost more than it's truly worth but I wanted to see if any other brides on here had used them or how they used them and if they worked or didn't work out for them.
  • I already checked with the local college and they don't even have a film program (too bad because the one in my hometown is known for this). I just refuse to pay a grand for videographers when I don't think I'll watch a fairytale wedding set up. I enjoy the quirky funny nervous moments. $200 was fair enough to consider it. As far as working I doubt any of my family personally would call it work. They recorded his entire proposal because they wanted to and most family events get recorded. Just thought this was a cute way to have multiple angles.

I'm actually requesting no cameras or phones on during the ceremony itself because I don't want people worried about getting pictures of us or anything like that. Just their attention. We are paying for a great photographer to handle the ceremony pictures. The cameras would really just be for before the ceremony and during the reception for fun.

However, it seems like it cost more than it's truly worth but I wanted to see if any other brides on here had used them or how they used them and if they worked or didn't work out for them.
    Hopefully your get some other feedback. I haven't seen anyone on here talk about using them.

As the bolded - it is impolite to tell your guests what to do. They are adults. The only way to do this within etiquette guidelines is if the church restricts photography. Your guests are adults and you should not tell them what they can and can't do.

• I don't see any issue with requesting an "unplugged" wedding. While they are adults many of them will half-heartedly check FB or Twitter and I think it is alright to ask them to focus on us for our 20 minute ceremony and save the phones for the reception/cocktail hour. We hired two photographers to capture the ceremony so I would like them to get their shots instead of catching other peoples flashes and having pictures of guest with their phones out playing on them.
  • I don't see any issue with requesting an "unplugged" wedding. While they are adults many of them will half-heartedly check FB or Twitter and I think it is alright to ask them to focus on us for our 20 minute ceremony and save the phones for the reception/cocktail hour. We hired two photographers to capture the ceremony so I would like them to get their shots instead of catching other peoples flashes and having pictures of guest with their phones out playing on them.
    You must not think very highly of you guests that you think they need to told not to play on their phones during your wedding ceremony. I would say, if someone wants to play on their phone during such an event then you telling them not to isn't going to stop them. Also, what if that phone or iPad is keeping a little one from throwing tantrum? I'd rather have a kid quietly playing on a phone than screaming in the pew, but that's just me.

You can do as you like, and might think there isn't an issue, but it is rude to tell your guests what to do. Telling people they can't take photos is rude and an "unplugged" wedding it something devised by the photography industry (which I am a part of) to make their lives easier bc they don't care if you look rude and what your guests think.

• How did people survive 20 years ago without cell phones and iPads? I wouldn't take my child to church and let them play on an iPad during the sermon so I would hope no one would do this during a wedding. They can take all the photos they want during the reception but during the ceremony is when I would really appreciate focus being on why they are there. Just like when you are in a movie theatre or at church. You are there for those reasons and not to tinker on your cell phone or play on FB.

You can consider it rude of me to ask this but that is something that was decided on before today. My question was about the WedFlik video cameras for the reception and pre-ceremony, so I would like to return the focus to that.
  • edited January 2014
    How did people survive 20 years ago without cell phones and iPads? I wouldn't take my child to church and let them play on an iPad during the sermon so I would hope no one would do this during a wedding. They can take all the photos they want during the reception but during the ceremony is when I would really appreciate focus being on why they are there. Just like when you are in a movie theatre or at church. You are there for those reasons and not to tinker on your cell phone or play on FB.

You can consider it rude of me to ask this but that is something that was decided on before today. My question was about the WedFlik video cameras for the reception and pre-ceremony, so I would like to return the focus to that.
    You've been on here long enough to know you can't pick and choose what people will comment on when you share info. If you don't want people to tell you what you are doing is rude - don't share it or better yet, don't post on a public forum. Welcome to the internet  - a place where you can't control people's reactions or what they choose to comment about.

So I assume if someone brings a camera, like what we had more than 20 years ago you're not going to tell them what they can and can't do? Bc the change in technology is somehow relevant…

It's rude - you can do it, that's your choice - but own it and the fact that it is in fact a rude thing to do.

• Like I said, I wanted opinions on the services provided by WedFlik and the worth of it. Sorry if another thing posted bothered you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards