Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Questions

2»

Re: Thursday Questions

• 1. Do you have a place where you would like to go and think? If so, where? Not really.
    2. What always makes you a more confident person? Seeing success in my weight loss.
    3. What movie deserves a sequel? I really don't like sequels 99% of the time so I'd say none of them.
    4. What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got? Hmm I don't really remember anything I super wanted and didn't get.
    5. Where do you not mind waiting? I don't mind sitting at the airport. I have horrible travel anxiety so I like having the time to just sit at the gate and know I won't have to rush to make my flight.
    6. What one thing annoys you most at a restaurant? When it's so loud that I can barely hear the people I'm with.
    7. If you could buy one object to complete your home, what would it be? I'm not sure.
    8. What part of your body could use a little lotion? I'm good right now, I rarely have dry skin
    9. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Maurices. I love their clothes.

Other Questions:
    From @severmilli12: If you had one last meal, what would it be?
    Hmm...probably spaghetti

From @CLoGreenEyes: If you're at Cheesecake Factory, what kind of cheesecake do you order? 
    I haven't been there in forever, but the Tiramisu one is SO good! Now I really one to go there and order it!

From @TwoDimes: What animal best describes your SO?
    A lab.

From @minskat30: Where do you think you will in the next 5 years?
    In the next five years I'd like to be married, moved to Washington, have at least one kid, and be teaching at a university.

From @buddysmom80: What is your favorite kind of sushi? 
    I love spicy tuna rolls but I also love trying new kinds.

From @hummingbird125: How do you drink/order your coffee?
    I just drink it black with no cream or sugar.

From @Dignity100: If you were a Disney Princess which one would you be (and why)?
    Merida from Brave.

From @Swazzle: What book do I *HAVE* to add to my reading list for this year? I've suggested it a couple of times but I still LOVED Let's Pretend this Never Happened by Jenny Lawson. It is absolutely hilarious.

My question: Do you love the snow or hate it?

• @bethsmiles I read that book last summer one of the funniest books I've ever read. 

I hate the snow

I would like to be Ariel from the Little Mermaid, not sure why

I don't drink coffee

@swazzle not sure what book to reccomend other than what Let's Pretend This Never Happened

Anniversary

• Do you love the snow or hate it? I am so beyond sick of winter that it's not funny. I hate the snow. Hate. It.
  • @bethsmiles I like the snow before December 31st. The months of January and February can go away though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • edited January 2014

1. Do you have a place where you would like to go and think? If so, where?

I could sit outside by the ocean or next to a lake and think all day long. I really like the peacefulness of sitting near a large body of water. Probably sounds odd, but it's true.

2. What always makes you a more confident person?

A killer outfit! If i'm dressed well and my hair and makeup are rockin I feel like I can do anything.

3. What movie deserves a sequel?

No thoughts on this one...

4. What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got?

A horse.

5. Where do you not mind waiting?

Almost anywhere. I'm a pretty patient person...except in traffic.

6. What one thing annoys you most at a restaurant?

When they forget to fill up my water glass. They seem to always remember tea, soda, cocktails...but they never notice my empty water glass.

7. If you could buy one object to complete your home, what would it be?

A maid service? haha. Seriously though, i'd love to have someone come once every two weeks and just get to all the stuff I never have time for. We really don't need any furniture or anything.

8. What part of your body could use a little lotion?

My hands. Always!

9. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?

NONE! H and I are working so hard to pay off all our debt this year. If I had a free shopping spree though i'd probably get my butt to Target. Housewares, clothes, food...they have everything!

10. If you could know how you were going to die (not necesarily when, just how), would you want to know or not?

From @severmilli12: If you had one last meal, what would it be?
    Thanksgiving dinner. I love my mom's turkey and gravy recipe. I'd make Ina Garten's cornbread dressing, my famous mashed potatoes with sour cream, my grandmother's "bird" rolls and green onions, roasted green beans and the best dang pumpkin cake you've ever had.

From @CLoGreenEyes: If you're at Cheesecake Factory, what kind of cheesecake do you order?
    Their Apple Pie cheesecake. Best ever!

From @TwoDimes: What animal best describes your SO?
    A dog. I know it's not flashy, but he's loyal, protective, and very family oriented.

From @minskat30: Where do you think you will in the next 5 years?
    I think I will receive another promotion, have 2 kiddos and a home with a yard. We will also be debt free except for our mortgage.

From @buddysmom80: What is your favorite kind of sushi?
    I love it all! H and I share a couple specialty rolls sometimes at our favorite place. One of my faves has tuna, avocado, cucumber, spicy crab and tempura shrimp on top. It's amazing.

From @hummingbird125: How do you drink/order your coffee?
    I'm not really drinking coffee right now, but when I do treat myself nothing is better than a white mocha!

From @Dignity100: If you were a Disney Princess which one would you be (and why)?
    I have no idea. I'm not much of a "princess" type. Maybe Jasmine? She seems pretty confident, independant and intelligent.
  • @bethsmiles and @peaseblossom55 - Thanks! I added it to my list! 

I hate the snow every single day of the year. 

• Do you love the snow or hate it? I hate it. This weather is actually destroying my happiness right now. I HATE the snow. I hate everything about winter.
  • Do you love the snow or hate it?  If I can stay home in my jammies all day and it's all melted by the time I need to go out - love it (mostly 'cause the dogs love it) - If I have to drive in it, shovel it (pretty much go out in it in any way shape or form) hate it

Anniversary
  • 1. Do you have a place where you would like to go and think? If so, where?  No, but if I'm having an anxiety attack, I need to lay on the floor.  Even if I'm in public...
    2. What always makes you a more confident person? Being right when others expect I won't be. 
    3. What movie deserves a sequel? Finding Nemo!  And it's getting one.
    4. What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got? I can't really think of one, but I'm sure it was pretty lame :)
    5. Where do you not mind waiting? I almost always mind waiting.  Unless you give me a book.  Then I will read that.  I also read on my iPhone in line at the grocery store if the cashier is taking too long.
    6. What one thing annoys you most at a restaurant? When it's so loud that I can barely hear the people I'm with. <--@bethsmiles is genius.  Also, some smells get to me.  Oregano
    7. If you could buy one object to complete your home, what would it be? A house.  There, I said it.
    8. What part of your body could use a little lotion? my extremities.  Feet, hands, etc.
    9. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Joanns...

Other Questions:
    Pear and walnut salad, chicken alfredo, and tiramisu.  I mean, it's my LAST meal.  I'm pigging out

From @CLoGreenEyes: If you're at Cheesecake Factory, what kind of cheesecake do you order? 
    I've only ever had the NY cheesecake.  I need to branch out

A dolphin!  He's very curious and can't sit still :)

In the next five years I'd like to be married, with a full time teaching position, a house, and...maybe starting the process of adoption/having a kid.

I don't like sushi.  Not even sushi without fish...

I don't.

From @Dignity100: If you were a Disney Princess which one would you be (and why)?
    Belle has books AND she looks for the good in everyone.  But Ariel has curiosity.  And Jasmine is headstrong.  Can I combine them all to make me?

From @Swazzle: What book do I *HAVE* to add to my reading list for this year? I really enjoyed "Uglies" recently.  It started off with a bit too much teenage boringness, but I liked the story overall

My question: Do you love the snow or hate it?  I can't drive in it.  So not a fan.  If I don't have to drive in it, it's fine.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Do you have a place where you would like to go and think? If so, where? Not really. I used to climb out my window and sit on the roof, but I haven't been able to do that since we sold the house 6 years ago :(

What always makes you a more confident person? Wearing skinny jeans, brown riding boots, and a green top.  I basically feel like it's a fashionably acceptable way for me to pretend I'm Link from the Legend of Zelda.

What movie deserves a sequel? I am the WRONG person to ask. While there are a lot of sequels I enjoy, I never watch movies and think, "There should be a sequel!"

What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got? This is frustrating because I KNOW there were a million things I wanted as a kid that I never got, but I can't remember a single one of them.

Where do you not mind waiting? My apartment.

What one thing annoys you most at a restaurant? Slow service. Dear lord, I hate it.

If you could buy one object to complete your home, what would it be? A new couch.

What part of your body could use a little lotion? My hands. Such a dry winter!

Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? IKEA. Oh my god, IKEA.

From @severmilli12: If you had one last meal, what would it be? My grandmother's matzah ball soup.

From @CLoGreenEyes: If you're at Cheesecake Factory, what kind of cheesecake do you order? Oh god. Pumpkin cheesecake. That's what I had last time and it was amazing.

From @TwoDimes: What animal best describes your SO? A parrot. Very chatty and very particular, with very specific needs.

From @minskat30: Where do you think you will in the next 5 years? In 5 years, I will be 32. I will hopefully have a PhD and I will probably be pregnant or planning on getting pregnant. We'll probably still be in an apartment, but we might be looking for a house. Hopefully, I will have a steady job.

From @buddysmom80: What is your favorite kind of sushi? UNAGI. ("Are you aware that UNAGI is an EEL?")

From @hummingbird125: How do you drink/order your coffee? I order it black, and then I add a little bit of milk and at least 2 packets of Splenda.

From @Dignity100: If you were a Disney Princess which one would you be (and why)? (Full disclosure--not entirely caught up on Disney princesses). I would likely be Tiana because I always wanted a partner who would treat me as an equal and support me as I followed my dreams.

From @Swazzle: What book do I *HAVE* to add to my reading list for this year? I am soooooo the wrong person to ask ... I've barely read anything recently.

From @keptinstitches: Do you love the snow or hate it? HATE IT (says the life-long New Englander). I hated it when I had a car, I hate it when I'm taking the train, and I hate it when I'm walking somewhere. No one shovels their damn sidewalks.

My question: Are there any books that you've read over and over? If so, what's your favorite one?

My answer: I reread a lot of stuff by Robin McKinley and Tamora Pierce. My favorite book to reread, though, is Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn. One summer, I was on vacation with some friends, including a guy friend I was really upset with, and I ended up rereading Summers at Castle Auburn FOUR TIMES during those 9 days.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • New Questions

From @hummingbird125: How do you drink/order your coffee? lots of cream, a little sugar.

From @Dignity100: If you were a Disney Princess which one would you be (and why)? Merida. I love her accent, her hair, and I think she's laid back and fun.

From @Swazzle: What book do I *HAVE* to add to my reading list for this year?
    Silver Linings Playbook

From @keptinstitches: Do you love the snow or hate it?
     HATE IT
    With a passion.

From @phira: Are there any books that you've read over and over? If so, what's your favorite one?
    Negative :\  Although I do plan on re-reading The Green Mile and First Person Plural because its been awhile and I looooove them.
    Anniversary

• Wasn't my question, but I appreciate being given the credit. It was @bethsmiles' question.
  • Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Do you have a place where you would like to go and think? If so, where? 
    At work I go to the main office with headphones on and sit with my laptop at the conference table. I'm in plain sight if needed, but my body language totally reads "leave me alone, important stuff going on here".

What always makes you a more confident person? 
    When I can put on eye make-up correctly! I suck at eye make-up. I even got the naked 2 palette for Christmas and I still have trouble :-(

What movie deserves a sequel? 
    When Taken came out, I demanded a sequel...and I got it! Still waiting on Talladega Nights 2. The legend of Ricky Bobby must go on.

What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got? 
    I always wanted to have a swimming pool, parents never got us one. They got me a summer pass to the community pool instead.

Where do you not mind waiting?
    It's more like "when" rather than "where" for me. I love to wait indoors if it's raining or snowing or super cold/hot out.

What one thing annoys you most at a restaurant? 
    Having multiple servers or slow service.

If you could buy one object to complete your home, what would it be? 
    a new entertainment center

What part of your body could use a little lotion? 
    My legs for sure.

Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? 
    Nordstrom

From @severmilli12: If you had one last meal, what would it be? Clam chowder trio (red, white, clear), lobster, baked stuffed shrimp and buffalo wings.

Regular NY cheesecake. I don't have a sweet tooth really.

A bear. He's dark and hairy and loves the outdoors. He even makes a super loud bear growl when he wakes up in the morning.

In 5 years I will be 32. I plan to be doing the same thing as now, just married with a potential child. High hopes for home ownership by then too.

Spicy tuna!

Dark, skim milk...always iced.

From @Dignity100: If you were a Disney Princess which one would you be (and why)? Jasmine! She was always my favorite...Ariel is a close second.

From @Swazzle: What book do I *HAVE* to add to my reading list for this year? 
    Haha wish I could give a real adult rec. We have read The Lightning Thief and Bud, Not Buddy this year. Totally middle school appropriate lol

From @keptinstitches: Do you love the snow or hate it? 
    I love the snow. But I also get the snow days off like the kids. And I have a jeep that I whip the shit out of in fresh parking lots. I live for the perfect snow day.
  • 1. Do you have a place where you would like to go and think? If so, where?
    I think best as I lay in bed while I'm trying to fall asleep.

2. What always makes you a more confident person?
    I don't have anything that always makes me feel more confident.

3. What movie deserves a sequel?
    I can't think of anything.

4. What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got?
    Those little kid-sized cars.

5. Where do you not mind waiting?
    I'm insanely patient and incredibly passive, so I won't ever voice my opinion about not wanting to wait. 

6. What one thing annoys you most at a restaurant?
    When they won't take my dish when I'm obviously done (I cross my silverware across the plate) 

7. If you could buy one object to complete your home, what would it be?
    A desk.

8. What part of your body could use a little lotion?
    My hands are so dry from me constantly washing them at work.

9. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
    Macy's or Target

10. My question: What book do I *HAVE* to add to my reading list for this year?
    I have no idea.

Other questions: 

A bowl of my favorite ramen from a now non-existent ramen restaurant along with a bowl of their tofu and rice.

I have no idea. I've only ever had their normal cheesecake and their carrot cake cheesecake.  I wasn't overly fond of either.

He's like a dog.  He does some annoying stuff sometimes and he might get moody, but he's always loveable. 

Hopefully in a single family house, married and with one or two children.  I hope to be in university by then as well. 

Cucumber rolls and inari.  I hate seafood so normal sushi is out of the question.

Without coffee. I can't drink coffee for two reasons: It makes me sick and I can't get used to the taste

I would be Belle. She's just the one I could see myself being the most.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards