Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Stillwater Recommendations

Hi, collective wisdom of MN brides! (And grooms? there are grooms on the knot?)

We are getting married at the historic courthouse in Stillwater next fall and was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or words of wisdom! 

Specifically I am wondering about where you reserved hotel blocks for your guests, and where you guys stayed, but if you have vendor recommendations (or advice of any kind!) we would love to hear it 

Thanks! 

Jessica

Re: Stillwater Recommendations

• I attended a wedding there, and the ceremony was held outside.  It was neat because they had the wedding party standing on the steps and the couple and the officiant standing at the top.  The guests sat out in the lawn.  The DJ was able to be tucked behind the pillar so he was out of site of the pictures for the ceremony.  At the reception upstairs it was a basic layout with the head table with its backs to the windows.  The couple used Instant Request as their DJ, and had Divine Swine do their catering, which was delicious.  It did get a little crowded between the ceremony and reception because the guests mainly stayed on the main level of the court house.  They were able to look around the court house though and see what it had to offer.  I hope that helps.
    Anniversary
  • Thanks for the info! That does help! :)
  • I grew up in stillwater and love the area I could give lots of ideas! I'm leaving work but I can say more when I get home!
  • Hi! so are you doing just the ceremony at the courthouse or the reception too? The courthouse staff is great, I've attended events there and a choir I was in does concerts there yearly. 

Hotel wise you've got a variety of options. If you wanted something special for you and your HTB I'd definitely suggest one of the B and B's in Stillwater. The B&B next to the library in particular is lovely. If you wanted a higher end hotel you could go with the water street inn. It is a gorgeous historic hotel in downtown Stillwater. If you want a nice hotel at a lower price there are several great options in Oak Park Heights.

If you need a reception venue or a caterer I would absolutely recommend Lake Elmo Inn. Their food is amazing, and their dessert is even better. I've worked with them many times and they are incredibly professional

I could recommend other vendors in the area as well, just message me!
  • hello!

I too am having my wedding and reception at the courthouse in mid october. Thanks for all the advice!

If anyone is planning on having a large reception (180+) at the courthouse - I would totally be interested in buying linens and/or decorations for the large windows from you (or splitting costs?). It seems a little silly to rent given how many receptions they have there.

just an idea!

• Hi! so are you doing just the ceremony at the courthouse or the reception too? The courthouse staff is great, I've attended events there and a choir I was in does concerts there yearly. 

Hotel wise you've got a variety of options. If you wanted something special for you and your HTB I'd definitely suggest one of the B and B's in Stillwater. The B&B next to the library in particular is lovely. If you wanted a higher end hotel you could go with the water street inn. It is a gorgeous historic hotel in downtown Stillwater. If you want a nice hotel at a lower price there are several great options in Oak Park Heights.

If you need a reception venue or a caterer I would absolutely recommend Lake Elmo Inn. Their food is amazing, and their dessert is even better. I've worked with them many times and they are incredibly professional

I could recommend other vendors in the area as well, just message me!
    I just decided to go with Lake Elmo Inn for my wedding!

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • debmonn said:
    I just decided to go with Lake Elmo Inn for my wedding!
    Congrats! and yay! They are so awesome.
  • I am also having my wedding/reception at the courthouse- October 4 :)

We did hotel blocks at the Waterstreet Inn and at the AmericInn. Wanted to have a "classy" option and a "budget" option. The AmericInn was the best rated of the "budget" hotels in the area, so we went with that one! On our wedding website, we also listed the Discover Stillwater website so guests had access to all the additional lodging information as well. There are so many cool B&Bs to stay at, and I wanted to make sure my guests knew about them!!

• I am also having my wedding/reception at the courthouse- October 4 :)

Oh man, my mom really wanted October 4th for my wedding :) Thanks for the advice - I'm impressed by how much you have done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards