Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

At my wedding...

I'm going to have no chairs, and customers...I mean guests...will have to give me money if they want to eat. If they don't give me enough they get yesterday's leftovers...so they better make it good.

But don't worry, I maid sure that they all bought their tickets to the ceremony ahead of time (which is good, since I didn't ask them to come to the reception, so I won't see them until after I come home). I mean, my honeymoon fund is overloaded so I'm going to be sure to post lots of face books pictures about all of my food and drinks and shopping and massages and all the other great things. I don't know how I'd ever be able to afford this without a wedding! I'm so happy that I'm getting married so that I can get my allowance back (mommy was so mean to take away her credit card after all these years! I mean I'm only 30!).

I think I covered everything. Any ideas on how to make my wedding even better?

Re: At my wedding...

• Options

Leftovers?? Are you crazy?? Made of money?? Potluck, baby!

Leftovers from the potluck. Duh. I had my fourth wedding shower (I wouldn't want anyone to feel not included, so of course I had to schedule one closer to the wedding to give everyone time to attend)!
  • Options
    Make sure you have a dollar dance too, that way if any guests have some cash left over after they've paid for all their drinks at the cash bar you can help them out by taking it off their hands...
  • Options
    KateJ16 said:

Did you make sure to send individual notes to all your acquaintances/family members that are annoying and let them know (in no uncertain terms) that they are NOT invited?  I mean - you really should clarify these things before you celebrate!

Oh no! I am so rude! Do you think it should send cards now, or would it be rude to send them pictures after my honeymoon and say "you weren't invited, but you can still give me money!" so that they don't feel bad?
  • Options
    Be sure to not invite the babies and toddlers to the reception-their parents need to take them away after the ceremony.  Oh, it's okay to split up couples and siblings who are close in age!
  • Options
    Cash bar is a must. All top shelf, no skimping here!

It's a good thing I saved on food. The wedding is 6-9pm, so no one will be hungry right? With my 400 guests I've ordered 25 meals, all steak (who likes veggies?!). But of course it will be for just the Bridal party and whichever guests I think are rich (I mean special) enough.
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:

Be sure to not invite the babies and toddlers to the reception-their parents need to take them away after the ceremony.  Oh, it's okay to split up couples and siblings who are close in age!

Yea! I want to make sure that everyone has a good time and makes new friends. :) I'm so happy that they will all enjoy my wedding so much! They're so lucky to have me. I'm so thoughtful!
  • Options
    Schatzi13 said:

I read on here once about someone who was planning to send SASEs to everyone in case they wanted to give more money. You could include those in your invitation, along with your PayPal account info and those super cute registry cards that BB&B gave you.

Also, would it be tacky to have a money tree and a wishing well? I mean, one is for your house fund, and the other is for your honeymoon, so you do need both.
    Oh how fabulous! They are so adorable! And I'll just have a BM stand there and tell everyone thank you for me. That way I can save money on thank you cards (I'm on a budget you know!)
  • Options
    LondonLisaLondonLisa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    Also, you should make sure everyone knows how much you spent on your dress. I mean, you could have just worn a simple dress and actually hosted your guests properly, but you deserve to wear Pnina Tornai and it is YOUR wedding day* so they can buy their own drinks! I mean, they're lucky to be invited (and make it off the B-List)! Everyone there loves you so much, they understand. Knotties just don't understand, you have talked to people and everyone validates you ideas and definitely doesn't talk smack about how much of a jerk you are behind you back!

*it is not actually your day, you was married the previous year. This way you have insurance/ tax/ deployment benefits of being secretly married as well as a full pretty princess day "real" wedding. Of course no one knows this- they wouldn't buy you gifts if they did and you are entitled gifts! (even though you had four showers you hosted yourself because no one else volunteered- you really wanted a shower and you deserve and are entitled to it!)

edited- spelling!
  • Options
    Also, you should make sure everyone knows how much you spent on your dress. I mean, you could have just worn a simple dress and actually hosted your guests properly, but you deserve to wear Pnina Tornai and it is YOUR wedding day* so they can buy their own drinks! I mean, they're lucky to be invited (and make it off the B-List)! Everyone there loves you so much, they understand. Knotties just don't understand, you have talked to people and everyone validates you ideas and definitely doesn't talk smack about how much of a jerk you are behind you back!

*it is not actually your day, you was married the previous year. This way you have insurance/ tax/ deployment benefits of being secretly married as well as a full pretty princess day "real" wedding. Of course no one knows this- they wouldn't buy you gifts if they did and you are entitled gifts! (even though you had four showers you hosted yourself because no one else volunteered- you really wanted a shower and you deserve and are entitled to it!)

edited- spelling!
    Be sure to have one of the few people who know about how you just signed some legal papers last year be careful regarding their drinks, or your secret might slip out, and by the end of the night, everyone knows. 

Actually, if that happens, don't worry - everyone will support you anyway because why wouldn't they?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Don't forget about your HUGE gap, bc getting 5,000 wedding photos at 3 locations is waaaaaaaaaay more important! Your guests can hangout at a bar or the hotel for 2, 3, 5 hours - no biggie!

Start printing your Jack & Jill tickets now. You wedding doesn't need to file of a 301C3 to take in charitable donations - weddings are totes expensive ya know!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Don't forget you need a Stag and Doe and a destination bparty.
    And remember to tell those friends of yours that have awful significant others (especially the one that looked at you wrong) that their SO can't come.
  • Options
    EMERGENCY! As I was getting ready to design my STDs I just found out that my cousin's husband's coworker's sister is getting married THE SAME YEAR THAT I AM! Her invites are out and guests are RSVP'd, so how do I let her know that she has to change her date? Or should I contact her guests directly and tell them to come to my wedding?
    That bitch! I would call her straight up and be like WTF? THIS IS MY YEAR! Don't you get it? Calling all those guests would be just too much work, she can change her wedding date to the year after, actually better make that 2, because what if you and fi decide to have a baby? Hello baby showers!
  • Options
    Complete with hostesses to keep your bridesmaid bitches in line along with the potentially hungover or flakey groomsmen
  • Options
    Don't forget to make sure your guests know to clean up after themselves those chairs and tables can't actually use their legs to put themselves away you know!
  • Options
    Oh and don't worry about writing out personalized thank you notes to all of your guests afterwards. Just use generic, pre-printed ones. And they HAVE to have a picture from your wedding on them or they won't be special enough! Really though, people should be thanking YOU for being allowed to attend your special PPD!
  • Options
    Don't forget to donate what you would spend on favors to your favorite controversial charity as well - I'm sure everyone will totally appreciate the thought.

And since you were so kind making the donation, be sure to have some dollar dances to make your money back! (the bar shouldn't be the only thing earning money!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You guys how could we forget to add what to wear to the invitation! I mean what if someone wore (shock) jeans without a jacket!?!? And I swear if I see even one girl that has white ANYWHERE on her outfit I am going to hate her for the rest of her life.
  • Options
    Amyzen83 said:

Also nothing tells your bridesmaids that you appreciate them like matchy tote bags and sweatpants with monograms! As for your house party you need not worry about giving them any sort of appreciative gift, they should feel lucky and honored enough to have been included at all

I was thinking of having "SLUT" written across the butt. Should I put their initials on the crotch? They'll wear them all the time I bet. :)

And I got a great deal on them for $129.99 plus tax and shipping. My girls will be so happy that they're so affordable (so that way they can spend more on the make up girl that I'm having them pay for).
  • Options
    ckel24 said:
    Oh and don't worry about writing out personalized thank you notes to all of your guests afterwards. Just use generic, pre-printed ones. And they HAVE to have a picture from your wedding on them or they won't be special enough! Really though, people should be thanking YOU for being allowed to attend your special PPD!
    Eh, don't bother with thank you notes. It's such a waste of money!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Oh and make sure that the bridal party gets your approval before they make ANY changes to their appearance. God forbid one of them cuts all of her hair off or colors it the wrong color! And it wouldn't hurt to suggest that they get gym memberships so they can look good for the pictures, but make sure they don't look TOO good. Can't have anyone looking better than the bride!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yes, it's your wedding, and your special daaaay. Don't let other people pressure you into taking them into consideration as well when you have so much on your plate. After all, a good guest/bridesmaid puts the brides needs front and centre. Don't stress about what you are asking. If you need the wedding party to do something, then it's fair enough to ask them. When you ask someone to be your bridesmaid there is an inferred level of commitment that they are signing up for, so it's fair enough for you to have high expectations. Make sure you take your time with wedding photos- they last forever- so don't rush through them just because your guests are standing around. They will understand so give yourself at least an hour. Also, your guests are grown-ups and therefore smart enough to know what they need to be comfortable in the day's weather so don't stress about providing any unnecessary extras like bottles of water, fans, and/or wraps and heaters. Your guests had plenty of time during your engagement to ask you what to expect at the wedding or to read your Facebook updates so now it's up to them to prepare for your Big Day. I also suggest that you try to plan your wedding for a holiday weekend so that most of your in-town guests are glad that they don't have to fuss about making any out-of-town plans that would totally suck compared to going to Your Wedding. They'll be glad that they have a commitment to keep them in town for that weekend. You're doing them a favour. 

"It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards