Massachusetts-Cape Cod

I need your help finding great vendors

My FI and I have booked our wedding in Dennis and being from the Boston area, I need great vendors. We are looking for hotels not inns because they are too small for many out of town guest, rehearsal dinner places, hair and make-up.Anyone that you have used or using would be greatly appreciated. 

Re: I need your help finding great vendors

• LauraD - I am in the same boat! Planning from Boston but getting married on the Cape (though I grew up there and have some good connections!) When are you getting married and what is your budget like? Then we can recommend some folks!
  • Not until July 2015. For hair and make-up about $400. Rehearsal dinner I am looking for a place that has a great menu for a big group and under $35 a person. Hotel anyplace near the dennis area 
  • I'm getting married in September 2014 so I have my vendors booked but haven't used them yet (obviously haha) but I can give recommendations based on my research and experience so far!

How big is a "big group" for a rehearsal dinner?
  • like 30 people... maybe a little less 
  • I recommend Artworx for hair and makeup and Ocean House for rehearsal dinner.  They also own the hotel next door to the restauarant...although I've never been in it I've heard good things.
  • @aisdoyle do you know how expensive Ocean House is pp roughly for a RD?
  • At Ocean House you just choose what you want to serve (they print special menus for you).  So you can look at their menu and see what the prices are (i think $20-$40 per entree).  They also can make it open bar, or just beer and wine, or just a signature drink, so you can decide how much you want to spend on alcohol.
  • I am going with Amy from First Impressions Salon in Pembroke for hair and Liz Fuller from Makeup Artistry Inc in Hingham for makeup.  They travel.
  • We looked at Ocean House as well but they didn't have a private room per se so we ended up doing it across the street at The Sea View! We had about 30 people as well....food was good, very affordable and was perfect! We used the upstairs room and it was very intimate. Gail will work with you to plan what you are looking for. Highly recommend it for a Dennis wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards