May 2015 Weddings

Color schemes/themes?

Okay ladies! Have you picked your color schemes and/or any wedding themes yet? What are they? Why did you pick them?

Re: Color schemes/themes?

• Hot pink, navy and silver. I have a feeling that my colors may change. I started looking at bridesmaids dresses online and so far I haven't found any in hot pink that I like. I picked hot pink because it's one of my fav colors. I don't really have a theme so far.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pale avocado green and butter yellow with light gray accents.  No theme, but I plan to have bright spring flowers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We just started looking at colors because we want to get florist quotes soon.  I think we're going with teal, blush, and gold.  Venue is mediterranean in style and has lots of warm tones in it, so we'll work with that.  I strongly dislike theme weddings.  It can be done well, but only with little touches here and there and the budget to make it look refined.  So, no theme for us.

@Futuremrsds2015: Why not use a navy dress and have your BMs carry a hot pink bouquet?  The flowers would pop against the dress, and navy is a flattering color on most people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• @JCBride2014 I always pictured a light color dress so navy would be my last choice

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Colors - Ivory, Blue, Yellow, touches of brown. Going with a very laid back and country motif. Because this is who my fiance and I are, we enjoy country settings, we're much more prone to sitting around a bonfire with a couple beers on a summer saturday night then going out living the city life. We prefer down home comfort foods to filet mignon and stuffed shrimp. Unfortunately some of my ideas have been pinterest plastered so I'm going to tone down the "typical" elements a little and try to incorporate some other unique things.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Futuremrsds2015 Ah, I see.  Maybe silver BMs dresses?  Keep us updated! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• @JCBride2014 silver is an option

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Blue and white with pops of yellow :)
  • I think for Bridesmaids dresses we are going to have different shades of blue, since blue is our favorite color (Baby blue for me, royal blue for him). I don't really like flowers, so I am thinking of maybe just white bouquets of calla lilies. We don't have a theme. Just a vision for me. I mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted the venue/wedding to be classic NY with a modern twist. Our venue is very classic, and I think might have some purple uplighting. Our school colors  - where we met (and where he recently proposed!)  - are purple and gold so I wanted to incorporate some of that in there. Nothing is set in stone yet though, these are just some ideas I'm thinking of. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• When we started planning our wedding, we had 3 must haves; Skee Ball, Cotton Candy and a Taco Truck.  So, it has evolved into a Carnival theme where we will have games, sno cones etc.  We will be having it in my parents back yard.  My bridesmaids are just going to have some type of dress that has my favorite color in it.  I wish I could tell you the color, but everyone calls it something different.  It is like a fuchsia/magenta.
  • When we started planning our wedding, we had 3 must haves; Skee Ball, Cotton Candy and a Taco Truck.  So, it has evolved into a Carnival theme where we will have games, sno cones etc.  We will be having it in my parents back yard.  My bridesmaids are just going to have some type of dress that has my favorite color in it.  I wish I could tell you the color, but everyone calls it something different.  It is like a fuchsia/magenta.
  • I finally got my FI to agree on some colors so we are rolling with a champagne pink, smokey grey and antique gold with touches of light gold and pops of berry (so as not to look so old as he says...lol) We are going with a whimiscal/modern antique-y theme.
  • So with our venue set and the fact that we are going to have an outdoor wedding I want to have a rustic theme and for colors I am thinking about using pink, green and brown.
  • edited January 2014
    *sorry double post. I don't know why this keeps happening.
  • Eggplant purple, Legend of Zelda green and Sunflower yellow. We just found our venue too, a restored Victorian mansion. The colors and the dark wood in the venue are going to look awesome. I'm for sure putting my girls in purple and the boys in green and then sunflowers will bring our yellow in all together. So exciting!
  • Right now I am thinking plum, gray, white, and accents of lime green. I always wanted to do green and br
  • Right now I am thinking plum, gray, white, and accents of lime green. I always wanted to do green and br
  • @goofy&cool - we must've been thinking on the same wave length! But I don't have a rustic theme (vintage instead) and I am thinking pastels. My color palette is blush pink, mint green, gold and cream. It's the color palette I've wanted if I had a Spring wedding since High School so...yeah. :)
  • @sarahtrg- Your color scheme sounds pretty! And perfect for a Spring wedding. :)
  • @sarahtrg- Your color scheme sounds pretty! And perfect for a Spring wedding. :)
  • purple, royal blue and turquoise.. Doing peacock for my renewal ceremony

• @hboyd63167- I love the peacock theme! :)
  • White, blush, and metallic. :)
    imageimage
  • I love lilac/wisteria purple and hunter/sage green. I adore lilacs and plan on having them everywhere I can. I picked May because they will be in season haha!
  • Lilacs are so pretty! :)
  • @goofy&cool: And they smell so good too!
  • Right now I'm liking blush, mint and gold.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards