Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Bridesmaid Dress (for trying to get pregnant bridesmaid). Thoughts or Ideas?

Wedding Stress! I need your honest advice and / or opinions. We are going to look at bridesmaid dresses next weekend. We need to order them in February because they say they could take 3-5 months to come in and then we need another month for alterations. I know they MAY come in quicker but I don't want to risk it. One of my bridesmaids found out she was pregnant last month. Her due date was a month before my wedding. I was excited for her and hoping she would be good to go in a month. It was a little nerve wracking but mostly excitement for them. Well sadly she lost the baby. Now she says they are trying again. What makes me nervous about this is we are buying the dresses in 2 weeks. She will probably not be pregnant by then, or at least not know. So how do we know what size to order her. She could either be 7 months pregnant come Sept 27, or not pregnant at all. I hate to ask her to spend that kind of $$ on a dress and not know if she will even be able to wear it. But she insists she still wants to be a part of the wedding party. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks!

Re: Bridesmaid Dress (for trying to get pregnant bridesmaid). Thoughts or Ideas?

• Talk to the store where you are ordering them -- they might be able to work with you.  They'll probably also have fake bumps (because this happens a lot).  If she expects to be pregnant in your wedding, she needs to order several sizes up (better to have it tailored down than try to make a too-small dress fit).  One of my bridesmaids was a few weeks from her due date when I got married, so she just ordered a really big size.

I ordered a dress at 24 weeks pregnant for a wedding that was two months after my daughter was born, and I ended up just tailoring it down to fit.
    Anniversary

• Not knowing what you had in mind for their dresses, the waistline and material could help with this potential problem. Empire makes me look pregnant, I still hold most of my weight in my belly and look like I did 12 years ago, so that may be the way to go for her...but if you have others in your party like me (and don't want to look pregnant when they're not) you can have them wear different styles and fabrics but the same color.
  • I would just have your BM talk to the consultant at the place you are ordering from. They will have a good idea of :
    1. How much the dress style/material will give for a pregnant belly.
     2. How long the BM has before she HAS to order the dress. Most places will have a date where after is considered a "rush charge". She could always wait until right up to that date to get her closer to the wedding.

• If we don't order all the dresses at the same time they won't come from the same dye lot and could be different shades. :( That is why I was hoping to order them all at the same time to ensure they are all the same shade. 
  • It is really, REALLY unlikely that there would be a noticeable difference.
    Anniversary

• It is really, REALLY unlikely that there would be a noticeable difference.
    This. 
    That's what they tell you to get you to order them all at the same time. 
    I used to work at a bridal salon. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards