Connecticut
Options

Whickham Park vs. Woodwinds

My fiance and I are debating between Whickham Park and the Woodwinds. We both love how gorgeous the park is, but I'm a little worried about pulling so many vendors together and getting everything set up and taken down in time. We are considering a day of wedding coordinator to help with this. Has anyone done a ceremony and reception at Whickham and have any thoughts on how easy/hard it was? Thanks!

Re: Whickham Park vs. Woodwinds

• Options
    Our wedding was at Wickham Park in May 2011.  It was wonderful.  We used Delaney House/Log Cabin (http://logcabin-delaney.com/) out of Holyoke, MA for our catering.  At the time they had a price package with Wickham Park that included the park fee.  The food was wonderful and they did an excellent job setting everything up for us the day of the wedding including setting up the centerpieces that I made myself.  I even bought our own tableclothes because I wanted something specific and they ironed them and set them up for us as well.  We used Rick Rock at Boppers for DJ services and he was wonderful in having music for the ceremony and the reception.  He also was great with playing exactly what we wanted (for instance while people were being seated he played a "wedding playlist" we created instead of elevator music).  Our flowers were done by Jane at Just for You and she came to the park and set everything up herself as well.  All of the vendors were wonderful in getting themselves set up and working together (aside from my photographer but that is a whole different story). I didnt think a DOC coordinator was necessary but I am super OCD and DIY a lot of our wedding stuff so I knew all the details and I trusted Chad at Delaney house to pull all my DIY together.  PM me if you have any questions.
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • Options
    Thanks so much JodiAriel! It's great to know that at least some vendors are willing to do that sort of prep/ set-up work. It really makes this whole thing seem more doable.
  • Options
    I have done Ceremonies at both and if it is at the Cabin at Wickham it can be just right. The view is beautiful overlooking the Hartford skyline and the above caterer is a quality vendor. The Woodwinds is a beautiful venue but a totally different environment. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards