Wedding Party

No Bridesmaids/MOH

I do not want a MOH or any bridesmaids. My mother will not leave it alone. My fiance and I agreed on this point and we are not budging. How do I get her to understand without freaking out on her because she will not listen?

Re: No Bridesmaids/MOH

• Every time she brings it up tell her "FI and I already decided on that aspect" and then change the subject.  If you don't want a bridal party then that is your choice.  It is not a wrong choice.  Your Mother needs to accept that and move on.  And if she can't then that is her prerogative to spend the next however many months before your wedding being stressed and irritated about something that really isn't an issue.

• vsigety said:
    I do not want a MOH or any bridesmaids. My mother will not leave it alone. My fiance and I agreed on this point and we are not budging. How do I get her to understand without freaking out on her because she will not listen?
    Ditto Maggie.  If she truly won't let it go give her stronger language. "Mom, I love you, but you know the decision on this issue.  FI and I are in agreement and will not change our minds.  The discussion is closed.  I will not address this issue with you anymore because you are the only one who sees this as a problem."  Then ignore her anytime she brings is up.
  • You are never going to get her to see your way.  Stop trying to convince her.  When she brings it up, tell her that the subject is closed and change the subject.  If she keeps coming back, tell her that you will leave the room if she won't drop it, then do it.  
  • Tell your mother, "Mom, FI and I have agreed that I am not going to have any attendants.  The subject is closed.  In the interest of peace between us, please do not bring it up again."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards