Wedding Woes

Ladies

Re: Ladies

• I'm trying to get this scheduling program looking nice while also making it easy to read and logical.  That's where my dang butt is at, nola.  ;) 

Also, anyone wanna talk Grammy's?  I know you do, Conn.  :)
  • I'm trying to figure out my week right now.  DH working a ton of hours on his new project + mandatory OT  for me, is already crazy; and now we've thrown a funeral in on top of that (DH's second cousin died this weekend). And I cannot keep up with the house.  It's making me crazy, but I have no time to put a ton of effort into it.   I want to crawl in a hole until it's the weekend again.  

The Grammys were OK.  Better than most of the most recent years shows.  

I loved Sara Barellis and Carole King, you can't beat Ringo and Paul together, Imgaine Dragons and Kendrick Lamar were insanely awesome, and as much as I made fun of them on FB, I really do love Daft Punk and their performance with Pharrell, Niall, and Stevie was the bee's knees.  

Metallica killed me with how old they are.  And I still miss Jason Newsted. 

Katy Perry and Taylor were just meh. Why are people still trying to make Hunter Hayes happen? 

Lorde is an odd duck.  I did love her genuine reaction to winning song (?) of the year. She's so pretty and I was not feeling the Wednesday Addams look on her. 

P!ink was awesome.  As were Jay-Z and Beyonce. I thought Kacey Musgraves was adorable. 

Willie and Co all have one foot in the grave, save for Blake Shelton.   I think Blake is dreamy.
  • And OMG, the Maleficient trailer was everything.  I'm so damn excited to see that movie. 
  • I loved how creepy that Maleficent trailer was.  CREEEEPY, and dreamy all at once somehow.

OMG, I was kind of grossed out by Beyonce.  Is that bad?
  • I just don't have much to share.  I had a big blowup with more group member drama (always centered around one woman), but I think it might finally be over.  She was threatening to start her own group (which I was totally fine with and encouraged her that if our group wasn't meeting her needs, she should start her own group; I don't think that was expected) and I don't think she got the support she was looking for.  B/c, let's face it...I'm pretty much rocking this position so far and have gotten nothing but thanks yous, glowing reviews and excited members.

DH is fine...I'm counting down the days to August and a full time salary.  My birthday is coming up and I just can't seem to muster up any specific excitedness.  I'd like to go see BFF since we haven't spent our bdays together in about 10 years, but BFF and I are having to circumnavigate some awkwardness and strain for the first time, so it might not happen.

*shrug*  I got nothing.  :D
  • VarunaTT said:
    I just don't have much to share.  I had a big blowup with more group member drama (always centered around one woman), but I think it might finally be over.  She was threatening to start her own group (which I was totally fine with and encouraged her that if our group wasn't meeting her needs, she should start her own group; I don't think that was expected) and I don't think she got the support she was looking for.  B/c, let's face it...I'm pretty much rocking this position so far and have gotten nothing but thanks yous, glowing reviews and excited members.
    Was this the same woman on FB who called you out as being disliked?  Or was that tongue in cheek?  Just curious.

Also more Grammy's stuff, WTF at Katy Perry riding a broomstick stripper pole?
  • She was being tongue in cheek about the situation.  

There is a group member, P, who is just bitter about the group, has been for like 3 years now, and I'm serving as the lightening rod for every little thing she hates now.  She's accused me of stealing money, of "controlling board decisions" and some other things.  She straight up hates me for no reason that anyone, including her friends, can figure out.  She is burning bridges and friendships with how much she hates me.  She passive aggressively stalks me of FB making fun of me whenever I post on a mutual friend's status.  I have copies of e-mails where she calls me, Queen of Everything, says she'll have nothing to do with the group as long as I do, etc.  

Basically, she's cray-cray.
  • Most of my friends don't agree with me, but Beyoncé is so one dimensional to me. We already know:

1. She and Jay have a healthy sex life.

2. She can shake her money maker like nobody else.

3. She is a sexual being.

Can we move on to something else? Change it up, sista. I don't dislike her, but she is starting to bore me.

• I'm desperately trying to beat cabin fever.  Especially since we'll probably be stuck inside tomorrow too.

I'm also trying to get some things cleared out of the kitchen and come up with some party ideas for M2.

• NOLA, I totally respect that she loves her some Jay, and I actually was grinning like a fool at the love they share, because that is rare to see.

But yes....it was just kind of vulgar.  Yes, I am saying vulgar...I think she's more classy than that, I guess.
  • I am giving myself a little manicure, my nails were looking pretty beat up after cleaning this weekend.
    Job interview at 2, trying to keep myself cool.
  • Jojo, you're going to do great.
  • I didn't think it was vulgar, just boring.

I loved P!nk, but I'm always consistently amazed when people realize she can sing.  I'm trying to find my favorite clip of her singing live that is just amazing, but having difficult remembering it.
  • Yes, Pink has always had a nice voice. I just get scared for her with all of that spinning in the air.
  • :D That one's awesome, but I did find it and it's this one (she forgets the words in the middle and I'm sure she's drunk as hell, but when she gets it together, it's crazy good): 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKjJsydkEY8&feature=share&list=RD3FrBEfEapsw&index=1

I guess this band is famous for getting famous singers on stage to sing with them (Jessica Simpson refused, Avril Lavigne was meh, etc).  

• That's juliette lewis.  :)
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2014
    The woman introducing her is.  P!nk sings the Skid Row song, 18 and Life.  Starts about 1 minute in.
  • Oh I know, I was just all "whee!" at JL.  I love her a little bit.
  • And now my interview is moved to tomorrow, she can't get away from the hospital this afternoon. Babies getting all in my business, sheesh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards