Wedding Party

Day of readying/limo questions

Hello all! As we will soon be setting a date for our wedding a few different questions have come to mind! Day of the wedding... The venue we are looking at we plan to have ceremony there as well.... It is a one room bridal sweet so I am curious... Who gets ready where. Between the bride groom and bridal party does one ready at home and one in the bridal suite? Or both at home and cutie is there just for convenience during event?! If we ready at separate homes how does the limo situation work. I presume we will need two and the bride and her family/bridesmaids in one and likewise for FH, his family and bridal party?! Just random questions I have been pondering! Thanks :)

Re: Day of readying/limo questions

• I'll be getting ready at home with my bridesmaids and mum. My FI and his groomsmen will get ready at the venue. A limo will then collect me and the bridesmaids to take us to the venue. Not sure who cutie is? If one group gets ready in the bridal suite at the venue, why would you need a second limo?
  • Alh728Alh728 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2014
    I'll be getting ready at home with my bridesmaids and mum. My FI and his groomsmen will get ready at the venue. A limo will then collect me and the bridesmaids to take us to the venue. Not sure who cutie is? LOL I apologize that was supposed to be suite* very helpful info though, thank you! That makes perfect sense! If one group gets ready in the bridal suite at the venue, why would you need a second limo?

• I'm sorry that was supposed to say suite* LOL... But thank you for your input that makes perfect sense! In that scenario no I wouldn't need a second limo-I just couldn't figure out how that typically goes!
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    You can invite whoever you want to get ready with you.  For me, I will probably ask my mom and my sisters (bridesmaids) to be with me on the morning of (in the bridal suite if we go with a venue that has one, or at someone`s house if the venue doesn`t).  My FI will probably get ready with his GMs at home, not sure yet.  
  • i'm getting ready at my house, my fiancée at his parents house (we live together but I claimed our house to get ready out because we have a spot that will make for great pictures :) )  I'm taking a limo with the other girls and my dad to the church, the guys will drive there.  From the ceremony we will all go in the same limo to our venue .    Before deciding on a church, I didn't plan on using a limo at all, would just get rides to the venue after getting ready and skip limos. 
  • I got ready at home and H got ready at MIL's house.  We only rented one limo.  We had a 3 hour minimum on the limo anyway.  We rented something big enough that would allow our entire WP and our parents to travel in it after the ceremony to reception venue.  The limo picked up the guys first and dropped them at the church.  Then the limo got us and dropped up off at the church.  We then all rode in the limo together to the reception hall.

In other weddings I have been at, when there was a bridal suite.  We still always got ready in a hotel or the bride's home.  The bridal suite was more used in between the ceremony and start of the reception.  It was also a home base for all of our stuff.
  • I got ready at home and H got ready at MIL's house.  We only rented one limo.  We had a 3 hour minimum on the limo anyway.  We rented something big enough that would allow our entire WP and our parents to travel in it after the ceremony to reception venue.  The limo picked up the guys first and dropped them at the church.  Then the limo got us and dropped up off at the church.  We then all rode in the limo together to the reception hall.

In other weddings I have been at, when there was a bridal suite.  We still always got ready in a hotel or the bride's home.  The bridal suite was more used in between the ceremony and start of the reception.  It was also a home base for all of our stuff.
    That makes perfect sense. Thank you! :)
  • I got my hair and makeup done at home.  And then me, my Mom and my BMs got dressed in the suite that we were provided.  The guys however got ready at my H's parents house.  

We didn't have a limo at all so Me, my Mom and BMs all drove together to the venue.  The guys carpooled with one another down to the venue.

Most weddings I have been to the bridal party and bride are dropped off ready to go by a limo.  The guys typically drive themselves to the venue.  Then once the ceremony is over the bride and groom take the limo to the reception (only if they are in two different locations) and the BMs and GMs either carpool or their dates/SOs take them to the reception.

• I got my hair and makeup done at home.  And then me, my Mom and my BMs got dressed in the suite that we were provided.  The guys however got ready at my H's parents house.  

We didn't have a limo at all so Me, my Mom and BMs all drove together to the venue.  The guys carpooled with one another down to the venue.

Most weddings I have been to the bridal party and bride are dropped off ready to go by a limo.  The guys typically drive themselves to the venue.  Then once the ceremony is over the bride and groom take the limo to the reception (only if they are in two different locations) and the BMs and GMs either carpool or their dates/SOs take them to the reception.

All makes great sense-dummy me never even took into consideration that were planning on the ceremony at the reception site. So how does that typically play out. Doesnt seem worth it to have a limo then?! So out of my element with all of this! LOL
  • Alh728 said:
    I got my hair and makeup done at home.  And then me, my Mom and my BMs got dressed in the suite that we were provided.  The guys however got ready at my H's parents house.  

All makes great sense-dummy me never even took into consideration that were planning on the ceremony at the reception site. So how does that typically play out. Doesnt seem worth it to have a limo then?! So out of my element with all of this! LOL
    Unless you really want to ride in a limo you can go for it.  But IMO a limo is really not worth the money.

• The only only reason im on the fence about it is since we plan on having our whole BP and immediate family back to the hotel after, knowing all of these aforementioned people will be drinking, im just trying to figure out how to get us all back to the hotel safely. Is it cheesey to take the shuttle back (assuming the hotel offers) in my wedding dress?!! LOL
  • Alh728 said:
    The only only reason im on the fence about it is since we plan on having our whole BP and immediate family back to the hotel after, knowing all of these aforementioned people will be drinking, im just trying to figure out how to get us all back to the hotel safely. Is it cheesey to take the shuttle back (assuming the hotel offers) in my wedding dress?!! LOL
    Not at all!  But you do not have to provide transportation.  These people are adults and if they know that they will have to make the trip back to the hotel (or wherever) then they will most likely make the appropriate choices.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards