Snarky Brides

We post on here for support not ridicule...right?

I have been getting a bunch of slack for things like my guest list, how i'm divvying up my budget, etc. from my family. I have posted a few times on these boards and other reputable boards asking for advice and/or venting (not rudely, might I add), and people attack! 

IMO, these boards are here for support and to share ideas, not to attack each other. I see a few of the same people replying a bit to harshly to almost every board they can. Praised even for their honesty and bluntness! There's no need to be honest to the point of rude. I completely understand some posts need this so called honesty, but telling someone they are being a brat and they need to scrap their whole wedding is in no way helping and is sure to just stress the bride out more. If you are one of those people, you definitely need to rethink your tactics because you are coming across as a straight up B****. 

End rant. 

Re: We post on here for support not ridicule...right?

• Even in this small chain there are differences in supportive and pointlessly rude comments. 

In my personal case, my family is demanding certain things (guests, mainly) knowing I do not have the budget to support. But I am not speaking just for myself. I did not post to "show you the error of your ways..." but to simply state there are SOME people who are just plain rude (case in point).

You can be supportive without that nonsense. 

and BTW I posted on this particular board because it is one for ranting. I am fully aware I am being snarky and I called you a B****. It is in no way "attacking" your opinions, just the way you state them.
  • Amyzen83Amyzen83 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary
    edited January 2014
    What are these ideas being attacked? if they are rude or tacky and being posted on the etiquette board then you set yourself up for a world of pain. If you just know very little about what the right thing to do in a situation, first lurk and if you still disagree you can state so politely but if you come off as agressive then peeps will respond agressively. I do agree that there are a few people who can be kind of unnecessarily mean and I agree with you it's wrong and hurtful but that doesn't happen as often as u think and we call them out for being mean. Calling us bitches doesn't help your situation either.
  • You're saying everyone's making bitchy responses because I posted on the Snarky Brides board. Soooo.. if I had posted this exact thing on any other board, yalls responses would have been any less bitchy? Ha!

I am not surprised in the least bit everyone's making "snarky" or bitchy remarks on this thread. That's why it was posted here. Hell, I'm even being one right now. I'm only referring to threads on other boards, where it is not "all in good fun" to be rude and bitchy. 

I know it is not going to change anything. Does any one post ever make a change? You've got to be an idiot if you do think so. It was simply a rant, which if you look at the description of the board is it's purpose. 

• Even in this small chain there are differences in supportive and pointlessly rude comments. 

In my personal case, my family is demanding certain things (guests, mainly) knowing I do not have the budget to support. But I am not speaking just for myself. I did not post to "show you the error of your ways..." but to simply state there are SOME people who are just plain rude (case in point).

You can be supportive without that nonsense. 

and BTW I posted on this particular board because it is one for ranting. I am fully aware I am being snarky and I called you a B****. It is in no way "attacking" your opinions, just the way you state them.
    You created a post containing a pointlessly rude comment and rant.  What type of response did you expect to receive?
  • Feel free to bitch amongst yourselves. I'm out.
  • You're saying everyone's making bitchy responses because I posted on the Snarky Brides board. Soooo.. if I had posted this exact thing on any other board, yalls responses would have been any less bitchy? Ha!

I am not surprised in the least bit everyone's making "snarky" or bitchy remarks on this thread. That's why it was posted here. Hell, I'm even being one right now. I'm only referring to threads on other boards, where it is not "all in good fun" to be rude and bitchy. 

I know it is not going to change anything. Does any one post ever make a change? You've got to be an idiot if you do think so. It was simply a rant, which if you look at the description of the board is it's purpose. 

We are posting bitchy, snarky, and rude comments because you created a bitchy, snarky and rude post.  I just don't know what you were expecting?  For us to all bow down to your greatness and deem you Queen of the Boards for schooling us in the correct way of posting?  Yeah, not going to happen.

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    You're saying everyone's making bitchy responses because I posted on the Snarky Brides board. Soooo.. if I had posted this exact thing on any other board, yalls responses would have been any less bitchy? Ha!

No, we're not saying that. We would have the same reaction to this shit on any board. It's just ironic that you choose a board where snarky brides are encouraged to hang out to do your bitching about the snarkiness. 

ETA: Here's what the board's description says on my screen: Brides Beware: These Knotties have opinions and aren't afraid to share them. Get ready for some real, honest feedback! (Leave your sensitivity at the door)

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • SmileDamnitSmileDamnit member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    You're saying everyone's making bitchy responses because I posted on the Snarky Brides board. Soooo.. if I had posted this exact thing on any other board, yalls responses would have been any less bitchy? Ha!

To suddenly give a long speech that usually results in rambling and repeating of nonsence.

Well done! You've succeeded. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    If I had a nickel..............

Don't let the door hit ya! 
    How much you want to bet she ran off to WW or WB to now bitch about how horrible we all are?  I am sure she will leave out the whole "I made a post about how people are such bitches" part though.

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
  • @severmilli12 I can't see your pic :C
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • *looks around suspiciously*...troll
  • Looks like we got another post and runner snowflake!
  • Stinks of troll...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards