Getting in Shape

Shakeology

Has anyone incorporated Shakeology into your diet? How does it taste and what has your experience has been?

Re: Shakeology

• I have heard really good things about it. Well, good and bad. I wanted to try it so I researched it and some people said they noticed it had a gritty texture..? Not sure. I wouldn't mind trying it if it didn't cost so much money. But if you can, it seems like it would be worth a try. It basically replaces actual meals and is supposed to give a boost in vitamins and such.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• It replaces one meal a day. The only one that I felt had a gritty texture was Tropical Strawberry, and I have also had the Chocolate, Vanilla, and new Strawberry.
  • I LOVE shakeology.  I can't imagine ever not having it. I have a scoop in the morning for breakfast and I throw whatever I feel like in there with it (banana, peanut butter, frozen cherries, spinach, flax, etc).  If I'm hungry after I workout I sometimes add another scoop when I get home from the gym as well.  

It is pricey, at about $3.50 per serving, but for me it has been worth it.  You'd spend about that much on a drive through breakfast anyway.  Another thing to think about is that it can replace some vitamins that you might be been taking.  I've given up my multivitamins, fish oil, and glutamine since I started on shakeology and I feel like that helps offset the cost. 

The thing I really like about it is that when you drink it, it's like a little scrub brush going all through your body.  It puts good bacteria in your gut, which helps with digestive functions, and it has a lot of protein, which helps keep you full for a long time.

Here's the truth about the taste: the chocolate is really good, with or without adding extra ingredients.  The vanilla is passable, especially if you throw in some cherries or other berries.  The greenberry tastes like chalk, and the vegan flavors are runny and grainy.  They have a sampler box you can buy the first time if you want to try them all. 

If you don't want to spend the money you can try muscle milk, which also comes in a powder form and is pretty tasty.  They sell a five pound bag at Costco for something like $50.  It's just straight protein so it doesn't have all the other nutrients and benefits, but it can also be used as a meal replacement.  

photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • I absolutely love Shakeology. I have it as dessert instead of a meal replacement because I have a wicked sweet tooth.
    Vanilla is the only flavor I don't really like because it's not overly sweet, but my guy loves it. My favorite is Greenberry, with Tropical Strawberry coming in a close second. Chocolate is very rich tasting.
    I blend my Shakeology up with 2 cups of spinach just to get that little extra bit of veggies every day. I blend it in a Nutribullet so I haven't noticed any gritty texture.
    I have pretty bad skin, but I have noticed a difference with Shakeology. It makes my nails and hair grow in a bit stronger, too.
    Full disclosure - I'm a Beachbody coach, mainly for the Shakeology discount!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards