Snarky Brides

We post on here for support not ridicule...right?

Re: We post on here for support not ridicule...right?

• Support is one thing. Giving people props for doing things that are are rude or disrespectful to your guests is another. We will not validate ideas and plans that are against etiquette. We'll be blunt and honest - not because we want to hurt anyone's feelings, but because that really is the only way for a lot of people to see how bad their ideas/plans are. None of us are under any obligation to sugar-coat anything, so you're going to get honesty whereas people in your life may not feel comfortable being as forthright (for example, bean dipping).
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Even in this small chain there are differences in supportive and pointlessly rude comments. 

In my personal case, my family is demanding certain things (guests, mainly) knowing I do not have the budget to support. But I am not speaking just for myself. I did not post to "show you the error of your ways..." but to simply state there are SOME people who are just plain rude (case in point).

You can be supportive without that nonsense. 

and BTW I posted on this particular board because it is one for ranting. I am fully aware I am being snarky and I called you a B****. It is in no way "attacking" your opinions, just the way you state them.
    Honey, you are just shoving your foot in your mouth right now.  There is a difference between calling people bitches, and disagreeing with a person's ideas- Yeah, if posters here disagree, they will tell you that.  Some are more blunt about it than others, but the only thing "Under Attack" is your IDEA- an inanimate concept.  You, however, are insulting people directly.  Also, please note that you are the only person on this thread calling anyone bitches- so who's attacking who here?

The point of these boards is to share ideas and opinions, and that's what we do.  You can control what you share, but you cannot control our opinions.  If you're old enough to get married, you should be old enough to handle being disagreed with on the internet.    

Also, go post a political opinion anywhere on the internet and then come tell me how mean TK is. 
  • Cheetah2B said:
    the responses were pretty tame for the site actually.

and all responses on your threads, were correct.

You DON'T NEED an even BP, you don't even need one to begin with. It's a CHOICE. Neither of you can dictate one another's side, unless it's a REAL issue(an ex, etc).

Grandma can pick her own shit. Who cares if it's pink and Hawiaiin(sp, wtf)? IT'S THE BEACH. She's old. Let her dress for comfort, and what is OBVIOUSLY(in the mind of the elders) a CASUAL setting.

Move away from you sister, if she's such a Debbie Downer. Who needs the negativity?!

and FYI, only YOU can plan your wedding. NO one else. do what's in your budget, stop whining when you got perfect advice(albeit snarky and honest!), and KEEP CALM AND CARRY THE FK ON!!!

calm down, it ain't that serious!

and here's what you tell those who are "forcing" you to do something

I just have to say that I love your sig pic. That is all.
    Anniversary
  • These boards are here for support.

We will support people in making hard decisions -- having a dry wedding because that's all they can afford to host, in the face of demands from family for alcohol, for example. 

We will support brides trying to find the perfect flowers or centrepieces or favours.

We will support brides whose family wants one thing (and they're not paying) but the bride wants something else.

We will not support crappy ideas, rude behaviours, and poor hosting. 

I read this quickly as "poor hustling".... It's been a long day ha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love how every time a new poster posts something like this, the newbs (probably etiquette-less posters) come out and love it all up. 

LURKERS: Instead of hiding behind people who obviously give out bad advice/stuff, actually participate and learn a thing or two, or ten...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I repeat for you the post I made on the budget boards...
    You know when I first started on these boards, I will freely admit to not having an opinion about PPDs or cash bars, and quite a few other etiquette matters. I really didn't care for the most part because it was 'my day'.  Then I started READING and listening to what these women had to say and looking at my wedding from the perspective of my guests...

I am now firmly on the etiquette bandwagon and have these women to thank because I stopped for a minute and LISTENED.  I decided to make it not all-about-me, but instead to take into consideration the standards of etiquette that SHOULD be expected not just for a wedding but for any formal type of hosted event.

So as a former etiquette-clueless bride, let me say 'Thank You' to you all for your words (while sometimes blunt), because if a variety of people on a multi-national forum tell you something is a bad idea...it probably is :)
  • I love how every time a new poster posts something like this, the newbs (probably etiquette-less posters) come out and love it all up. 

LURKERS: Instead of hiding behind people who obviously give out bad advice/stuff, actually participate and learn a thing or two, or ten...
    Amen. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    So much special snowflake sobbing here that I just can't even...

Stop reading so much tone into people's responses to your posts asking for opinions on things. If you cannot help but get all personally offended when someone disagrees with you then please don't ask for opinions.

Also an immature jet out because you cannot handle the answers to a thread you posted insulting people in this community is ridiculous. Grow up.

• Vivandiere8Vivandiere8 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    Wow, so confused now. When I first read the original post I thought "Aww... maybe this poor woman did get bullied by some snarky brides on here..." Then I came across her post in the other board and I was surprised how much everyone held back. Evereyone was giving good, calm advice, no one was going overboard, no one was "attacking" as she claimed... OP, if you are still lurking you might want to go back to your original Thread and re-read it. It really wasn't as bad as you are making it out to be.
  • These boards are here for support.

We will support people in making hard decisions -- having a dry wedding because that's all they can afford to host, in the face of demands from family for alcohol, for example. 

We will support brides trying to find the perfect flowers or centrepieces or favours.

We will support brides whose family wants one thing (and they're not paying) but the bride wants something else.

We will not support crappy ideas, rude behaviours, and poor hosting. 
    Yep. I have posted a lot about struggles with my PIA parents and have received nothing but support and sympathy and good advice. If I'd come across as ungrateful or petty or if I weren't paying for my own damn wedding it might've been a different story.

Truth be told, I personally am not all that appalled by things that often get people here riled up- I don't care about partial cash bars, or potlucks, or honeyfunds, or certain PPD cases. BUT I still recognize those things aren't in line with proper hosting or etiquette and posting about those things, particularly in the etiquette or snarky brides boards, are just asking for a bad time. 

Like others said though, it seems people merely tried to steer you in a different direction and didn't attack at all. HOW DARE THEY???

My advice (however unwanted it probably is) is to not sweat the small stuff, whether online or concerning your wedding. Grandma can wear wtfever she wants.
  • OP changed her screen name, I see. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • It bugs me when people make these kinds of posts to bitch at the posters here and then continue to post asking our advice. 
  • Attention everyone: OP has changed her username.

jordanshea22 is now JSTexas22
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • I'm really confused as to what the issue was. OP posted that she didn't have good candidates for bridesmaids. People posted that she didn't have to have BMs if she didn't want to. OP is upset about this. 

What are people supposed to do, magically conjure her up some new besties?

If people were like OMG YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN EVEN BP OR IT'S ALL OVER then I'd see the problem. Seems people were exactly what she's claiming to have wanted- supportive and not terribly concerned about wedding "rules". 
  • FiancB said:
    I'm really confused as to what the issue was. OP posted that she didn't have good candidates for bridesmaids. People posted that she didn't have to have BMs if she didn't want to. OP is upset about this. 

If people were like OMG YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN EVEN BP OR IT'S ALL OVER then I'd see the problem. Seems people were exactly what she's claiming to have wanted- supportive and not terribly concerned about wedding "rules". 
    The bolded speaks volumes about the OP. No close lady friends? I wonder why...
  • FiancB said:
    I'm really confused as to what the issue was. OP posted that she didn't have good candidates for bridesmaids. People posted that she didn't have to have BMs if she didn't want to. OP is upset about this. 

I think we should just start responding to OP with nothing but photos of rainbows and gifs of ponies, because I'm at a loss as to what else we could possibly post to not offend her.  
  • I wish I could reply with the new Budweiser commercial...puppies and ponies, how real men choose their beer!

Damn cute commercial
  • Niccirf said:
    I'm feeling kind so I'll skip the pony and go straight to a unicorn...

This is an awesome gif
  • I think people forget to read that little fyi at the top of the snarky brides page... leave your sensitivity at the door. Why come here to complain about getting "bullied"?

Special snowflakes need not show up.
  • Kelcita21 said:
    Attention everyone: OP has changed her username.

jordanshea22 is now JSTexas22
    That's really low. :P
  • I have a helpful answer for this thread:

OMG I want him now!!!

• CookiePusher This is for you Almighty Queen, I hope dath please you well!

:)

• Aww, how cute, @mimiphin! You may join my legion of brideslaves. Pending your financial contribution to my PPD fund, that is.
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards