Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachelorette and Shower on same day?

Would it be poor etiquette/taste to have the Shower and the Bachelorette Party in the same weekend? My FMIL is hosting my shower in my hometown (where the wedding will be) 4 hours from where I, my BMs and friends live now. My MOH wants to throw my party in my hometown as well the same month as my shower. Would it be rude to my FMIL to have the shower at 11-12p, then relax and have the bachelorette party later that evening? I don't want to offend the FMIL.

Note: It's difficult for me and my WP to get weekends off as we work in hotels. My MOH and MIL want the parties on Saturdays though.

imageimage

Re: Bachelorette and Shower on same day?

• Options
    I don't think it's rude so much as it's a lot for one day. I imagine you wouldn't have a huge guest overlap either.
    Does FMIL expect you to stay the night/for dinner?

My MOH is in the service industry as well,  and has told me she won't be able to attend my shower, which is fine.

Did you MOH suggest this? If not I probably wouldn't pursue that option.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I have been to two shower/bachelorette days and liked it a lot personally. Shower was a luncheon, we then relaxed a bit and got ready to go out that evening for the bachelorette portion.  Especially when its consists of people traveling, I think it is a great idea.

Anniversary
  • Options
    dolewhipperdolewhipper member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited January 2014
    chibiyui said:
    I don't think it's rude so much as it's a lot for one day. I imagine you wouldn't have a huge guest overlap either.
    Does FMIL expect you to stay the night/for dinner?

My MOH is in the service industry as well,  and has told me she won't be able to attend my shower, which is fine.

Did you MOH suggest this? If not I probably wouldn't pursue that option.
    MOH suggested that we have the bachelorette the same month as the shower. I doubt I would be able to get two weekends off in the same month (let alone have 2 weeks off a few weeks later for my wedding and HM) and neither would my BMs and friends who might like to go to both if they could. Shower was planned way before the talk of the bachparty, so I feel if MOH wants it in the same month, Id have to tell her either I could have it the same weekend or Id have to do it another month :/  FMIL hasnt said anything about dinner afterwards, just lunch for the shower.

@erinlin25scribe95 I was hoping I'd hear from ladies who have had these and happy to know that it went over well. Thank you

imageimage

• Options
    I think it's fine, as long as your friends plan your bp schedule around your shower. Remember, your FMIL reserved that day for your shower first. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards